As a child he was isolated and lonely because of his dissatisfaction with his appearance caused him to have nightmares, and sleeping problems and he did not have normal childhood. For instance, he stated "Well, you don 't get to do things that other children get to do, having friends and slumber parties and buddies. There were none of that for me. I didn 't have friends when I was little. My brothers were my friends”. He was doing things such as recording music, practicing and getting tutored every day after school.
However, in 1964. Michael and his brother joined the Jackson Brothers band, formed by his father as Michael was the lead vocals. This was the one first group of black American performers. They were amateurs performing in clubs, bars and local high school dances. Their band became a success that they were labeled and released two albums together. After Jackson started releasing solo song, but he maintained the connection with band. However, later on Michael become a huge hit as he began to perform solo. He stunted everyone when he released the song “Don 't Stop 'Til You Get Enough”, which won him the...
... middle of paper ...
...is not the only artist he had an impact on.
Michael Jackson was not into politics much. He never donated to any political party or endorsed any candidates. However, affiliation with him would help some politicians be popular amongst people and help him or her get few more votes. He was always invited to the White House many and got recognition from many presidents.
In, conclusion, Michael Jackson is the most recognized name in the world and biggest figure in music industry today. He had impact on many current musicians. He helped them achieve perfection and taught them to be themselves. He inspired them to become entertainer as many of them stated in interviews. Jackson influenced their dance moves, music, and music videos. Lastly, he had influence on African American communities and broke the social norms of our society when he appeared on MTV for the first time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Michael Joseph Jackson, also known as the "King of Pop" was born August 29th, 1958. He was an entertainer, musician and a dancer. One of the most influential entertainers of all times. Michael was an icon of pop culture for his own style of fashion and dance moves. He became a part of the music industry at the young age of 7, Michael made his debut alongside his brothers in the band the Jackson 5. This was the start of his career, which eventually led to a solo career starting in 1971. Beginning his career at such a young age, Jackson never had the chance to live a normal childhood.... [tags: Michael Jackson, ]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Michael Jackson is known for King of Pop. Jackson full name is Michael Joseph Jackson, he was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indian. Michael Jackson died June 25, 2009, in Los Angeles, California. Michael has a mother name Katherine Jackson and a father name Joseph Jackson. Michael was a singer, music producer, song writer, and a dancer, he also was married twice. Michael was married to Debbie Rowe, November 15, 1996, and had a divorce with her on October 8, 1999. He also was married to Lisa Marie Presley, May 18, 1994 and divorced her on January 18, 1996.... [tags: solo career, african american, singer]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- “A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the dance of life,” Michael Joseph Jackson once said. Michael Jackson was an American singer, songwriter, musician and dancer. He was one of nine children born in a working-class African American family. Michael was introduced to music by his parents at a very young age and since then his potential in singing and dancing began to emerge. His contribution to music, dance, and fashion, along with his publicized personal life made him a worldwide figure in popular culture for over four decades (“Biography”).... [tags: cosmic music, singer, songwriter]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Known for his iconic dance moves and hit songs, Michael Jackson is one of the music industries’ most extravagant and prodigious legends. But was Jackson’s life really as spotless as a “Smooth Criminal” or is there more to his “Human Nature”. From his successful childhood in the Jackson 5 to his outstanding solo career, Michael Jackson endured problematic and morbid situations. Michael stumbled upon painkiller addiction after badly being burnt shooting a commercial. Michael Jackson, although famous, struggled with self-esteem.... [tags: Michael Jackson, the King of Pop]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- Michael Jackson, the King of Pop would not be who he is today without his inspirations, James Brown and Jackie Wilson (Taraborrelli, 2). James Brown, the godfather of soul, emphasized the genre of soul and the formation of a new music style called funk. He was a well-known singer, dancer, composer and performer. In his songs, he focused on the rhythm and groove making him different from the rest of the music artists of his time. His performance style was full of energy and different with his various dance moves and he was always ready at the mic on perfect que (Appell and Hemphill 320).... [tags: Biography ]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- Michael Jackson: Man In The Mirror Michael Jackson is arguably the most well know celebrity figure in the world today. Michael Joseph Jackson was born in August 1958, in Gary, Indiana. Jackson has spent almost his entire life as a public performer. He was a member of the Jackson Five at the age of four, soon becoming the group's lead vocalist and front man. Onstage, he modeled his dance moves and vocal styling on James Brown, and portrayed an absolute self-confidence on stage that belied his shy, private personality.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Michael Jackson declared himself King of Pop in the music world because of his numerous record sales. Michael has always been a very unique individual because of his physical appearance and bizarre lifestyle. On stage, he's an energetic performer but, off stage, he is soft-spoken and shy. Although, he is thought of as a phenomenal artist, his childlike tendencies continue to raise questions about his character and his psychology. The reason I have chosen to write about Michael Jackson is because I have always wondered whether becoming a performer and singer at five years old took away his childhood and affected him psychologically.... [tags: Artists]
1596 words (4.6 pages)
- Michael Jackson Michael Jackson is a name that is known worldwide. People either love him or hate him, but no one has ever denied that he had talent. This sing songwriter became the King of Pop as he transformed the face of pop music and popular culture across the nation. He started out as the lead singer of the Jackson family popular Motown group called the Jackson 5 (Michael Jackson Biography, n.d.). From there on he began breaking numerous records. As a solo artist, he received multiple Grammys and Guinness world records.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Michael Jackson was given the title, the “King of Pop”, for very good reason; he captured audiences with his catchy lyrics, amazing dance moves, and dazzling outfits. His legacy has lived beyond the grave, as his music is played on the radio, his concert movie, This Is It, was released after his death, and people are still moonwalking and doing the Thriller dance. Michael inspired, and was adored by many, but his music did much more than just entertain. He sang about racial and social injustices and broke down the musical barriers of his time.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Anna Zito Samantha Kuenneke Aiden Pressler Michael Jackson Lifetime: King of Pop Section I: Early Life Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana, to an African-American average workers crew. His dad, Joseph Jackson, had been a guitarist however had set aside his musical yearnings to accommodate his family as a crane administrator. Accepting his children had ability, he formed them into a musical gathering in the mid 1960s. At in the first place, the Jackson Family entertainers comprised of Michael 's more established siblings Tito, Jermaine, and Jackie.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Jermaine Jackson]
1297 words (3.7 pages)