As of recently, Donald Trump has shown great percentages of victories for the Republic nomination for candidacy. Showing of hateful attitudes towards those of immigrant and Muslim decent, many Americans worry that this man will soon gain the seat to the oval office. One of these many hateful ideas that he has created could be seen in his original promise of making a wall that lies between the Mexican-United States border. Holding the ideas that the Mexican government has not given us their best, but instead their "rapists", "criminals", and "drugs"; he wishes to install the wall to keep people, that wish to achieve the American dream, out of the United States. Additionally, for those that following the Islamic faith, he wishes to go back to a system that was similarly seen in Nazi Germany in the Second World War. With his ideas of religious testing to enter the country, and blocking those from the safety and freedom of the United States, one ...
... middle of paper ...
...upon the base of the Statue of Liberty lies a message that echoes into the hearts and minds of all Americans and those aboard, "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" (Emma Lazarus, "The New Colossus"). All these words that are inscribed in stone have been shadowed by the large body of Donald Trump. Echoing the words of hatred, as he demands blocking those accesses of the American dream, and allowing those innocents to be trapped in the dangerous arms of ISIS, the statue weeps. As Americans, we must embrace the symbol of liberty and freedom, and not allow Donald Trump to rise into power, with his ideals and attitudes that are adjusted towards business will lead to endless nights of Lady Liberty weeping.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why Donald Trump Will Win the 2016 Election The 2016 election cycle has been one for the history books. For the Democrats, we have Hillary Clinton, the first female Democratic nominee and proclaimed liar and murderer. The right has indicted her in the death of those involved in Benghazi, and they have continued to slam her for her private email server and deletion of thirty thousand emails. On the right, we have business mogul Donald Trump. He is a self-proclaimed womanizer, and he is ready to build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Page 1 Donald Trump is a man of great wealth, as well as power and influence. There is no question that Trump worked hard to get where he is today. He is most defiantly a man of business. Even at the beginning of his life he was destined to show brilliance due to his father’s work. These events of course, would eventually lead to his extraordinary empire and his chance to run as President of the United States.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Donald Trump, Jr.]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- Political Essay Letting Donald Trump run our country would be like letting the Devil himself take over America. Trump was born and raised in Queens, New York. He was introduced to the business world at a very young age while working with his father on architectural developments in Queens, New York and Brooklyn, New York. His accomplishments include his TV show “The Apprentice”, a flourishing real estate business, and many successful architectural designs. On June 6th, 2015 Trump announced his candidacy for president seeking the nomination of the Republican Party.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Mexico]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Donald J. Trump, businessman and media mogul, has swept America off her feet and has taken her by storm. Since the announcement of his 2016 presidential campaign on June 16, 2015, nothing has stopped his rise to the top of the polls. He began his campaign with controversial statements, some so controversial they left many people wondering when he would finally say the wrong thing. His campaign also began with ridicule from many media outlets, establishment politicians, and celebrities. Later that year on December 8, satirical news organization The Onion published an article entitled ‘This Will Be The End Of Trump’s Campaign,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Year, hilariou... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, The Apprentice]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- In the midst of one of the most controversial presidential elections in history, both political parties are struggling to prove that their candidate is the best choice. Clinton and Trump’s disapproval ratings are very low, but one has to ask, is there really a lesser evil to choose from. While Clinton has had her own fair share of past discrepancies, Trump’s track record proves much more troublesome. Donald Trump has proven to be an untrustworthy presidential candidate because of his misogynistic actions, his racial bias, and his corrupt business history.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Trump University]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- 2016 Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton have exuberantly managed to provide us with perhaps the most unorthodox mockery of a presidential election ever seen in modern day history. Why. Because this was an election based virtually on circumstance. And the winner is…Donald Trump. The Curious Case of Donald J. Trump Could the unfit be a good fit. Well let’s lay out the options. I will give you both scenarios. Now it is no secret that Hilary Clinton won the popular vote by a longshot.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- As media has grown it has allowed for easier use for the average individual. This paper will examine how Donald Trump has used the media available today and how effective he has been. To begin, Trump’s background must be looked at to gain an understanding of how he came to the place he is today. According to the Washington Post, he was born in Queens New York into a wealthy family and when he was a teenager he was sent off to military school by his father (Miller & Schwartzman). He grew up with a cushy lifestyle before his father decided that his behavior required somewhat of a “reality check” for the teen.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Sociology, Donald Trump]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- There are seven hopefuls who are likely going to formally announce their candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, within the next week and many more who are contemplating a run. None of them invoke an emotional, if not polarizing response quite like “The Donald.” It is early yet, but the only Republican hopeful who has broken from the reserved, almost polite rhetoric of the early stump speeches in Iowa and New Hampshire, and the government-as-usual policy discussions on the Sunday media carousel, has been Donald Trump.... [tags: Donald Trump, Candidate]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Donald Trump “You’re fired!” It was the most popular phrase in reality television. The man behind the words is famous, powerful, eccentric, yet very “matter of fact” about business. Donald J. Trump, more commonly known as “The Donald,” brought the business world into millions of homes with his hit reality show “The Apprentice.” "I thought I was the biggest star before 'The Apprentice,' but now I'm bigger." In a strange way, he's down to earth, the kind of guy who buys a $350,000 Maybach by Mercedes but insists on driving it himself” (Naughton).... [tags: Biography Biographies]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Donald Trump is founder and CEO of Trump Organization, the head company of Donald J. Trump, American real estate investor. Trump Organization was the company that his father had started, and later Donald took it over. The company oversees all the business development of Donald Trump including real estate, casino, hotels, golf clubs, and any other business developments or projects that Donald Trump is involved with. Matthew F. Calamari is the EVP (Executive Vice President) and COO (Chief Operating Officer) of Trump Organization.... [tags: Biography]
1460 words (4.2 pages)