"Yeah, the kitchen and doing weights for an hour a day followed by another 30 minutes of interval sprints on the treadmill" was my immediate response.
I was killing myself at the gym two hours a day five to six days a week. I was trying every kind of vitamin and every kind of fat burner on the market to help me drop weight. I was eating chicken, rice, and veggies. I was taking my protein and drinking loads of water.
I lost a few pounds here and there, but I felt losing 10 lbs over two months wasn 't worth the work I was putting in.
Then I found the Slow Carb Diet, and everything changed. I started following this very simple meal plan, with a few very basic rules, and I lost one pound my first day and went on to lose six pounds in the first seven.
Now, a few months later, I 'm sitting between 9-11% body fat, having a cheat day once a week, and have more energy than ever. Oh, and those interval sprints? I can 't even remember the last time I did one.
How did I do it? Five simple steps. I will lay out the five laws of the Slow Carb diet in the pages to come. If you follow these five steps to a letter, I promise you will start shedding pounds and inches within two days.
Let 's get started.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Rule 1 - Stop Drinking So Much Sugar! 3
Rule 2 - Food: Keep It simple 5
Rule 3 - The Truth About Carbs 8
Rule 4 - Cheat Day 9
Rule 1 - Stop Drinking So Much Sugar!
It 's no secret that we live in a sugar-fueled world.
In 2014, Stephanie Soechtig released Fed Up, a documentary focused on the large quantities of sugar in processed foods and the rapid increase of obesity in the USA because of it. In the film, Princeton University scientists experimented with the eff...
... middle of paper ...
... - Cheat Day
One day each week, you will be allowed to have a no-rules, no-holds-barred cheat day.
Want ice cream for breakfast? Go for it.
Want to drink three slurpees before noon? Do it.
On my cheat day (I prefer Saturday), I like to non-stop gorge on candy, potato chips, Chinese food and pizza. Another tip is to record your cravings during the week, then go nuts all at once.
Allowing one day with no rules each week helps you in two ways. Firstly, it will give you that mental release that has been building up all week of carbless meals, satisfying your cravings and making the next week easier. Secondly, a caloric spike once per week will increase fat-loss by preventing your metabolism from slowing down due to the constant calorie restriction from the Slow Carb Diet.
So, have a lovely Saturday eating guilt free so you can get back on the grind come Sunday morning!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Food is essential in our daily life, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks between meals. Calories and nutrients from the food support the body’s metabolic systems in order for people to perform their daily tasks. Especially those in their early stages of life, they will not only need these calories and nutrients for their daily life but also need these calories and nutrients as materials for them to grow physically and mentally. In order to have a real healthy body, a balanced meal plan is needed.... [tags: Nutrition, Meal, Vitamin, Lunch]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- The University of a Florida offers meal plans for students who wish to have a meal ready for them rather than worrying about what they are going to eat, or perhaps cook, throughout the day. The problem with this idea however, is that students oftentimes do not take full advantage of this system. Whether it is cooking, eating out, or even going home on the weekends, there are several factors that can get in the way of taking full advantage of the meal plan. This dilemma often leaves families asking the same question: is buying the meal plan that is provided by colleges actually worth the money.... [tags: apparent student benefits]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- ... The team sessions and personal training primarily work on strength and cardio build-up. The best part of that is that the team sessions and the personal training fits to your schedule so you don’t have to worry about planning in advance or having to cancel/ reschedule any sessions. Cardinal Fitness is great for working out on your own too, although you need a little more perseverance to push yourself and get results. For amenities, they have locker-rooms, showers (although they do not provide you any towels), and stretching areas.... [tags: individualized needs in a gym]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Social psychology is defined as the study of the relationships between people, their community and their environment (King, 2011). People tend to conform to society to feel accepted. However, their circumstances play a role in their capability to conform. For example, people are inclined to wear specific attire to the gym. The typical workout outfit is gym shorts, a t-shirt, and running sneakers, and typically, females put their hair up in a ponytail holder. Wearing anything other than these articles of clothing is abnormal and breaks the social norm.... [tags: gym, clothes, social]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Why is that money and power can changes an individual’s personality. Well, when some humans see something desirable and valuable that doesn’t belong to them, they will go to a great extent to have it. Whether, that is stealing, lying or even killing loved ones. This is simply described as greed. Greed and ambition is a common theme in both Shakespeare’s tragic play, Macbeth and the movie “A Simple Plan”. They both share the concept of wanting something and committing crime after crime to achieve it.... [tags: compare contrast essay]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- The novel “Dead simple” by Peter James is a gripping novel which keeps the reader on the edge of his seat throughout. The story is about a young man named Michael who is on his stag due with his friends and when they play a harmless prank on him (burning him in a coffin.) It goes seriously wrong when they are killed in a car accident and the question remains, where is Michael Harrison. This essay will examine how Peter James creates suspense throughout the novel using various literary techniques.... [tags: Dead simple, Peter James, ]
711 words (2 pages)
- William Shakespeare once stated, “Temptation is the fire that brings up the scum of the heart.”(William Shakespeare) Although slightly bleak, many works of art have this similar idea. Through this, similarities are found concerning aspects of each work. Differences occur in the protagonist’s own personal journey on the path of temptation. Undeniably, this parallel is found within William Shakespeare’s own infamous play, Macbeth and the two-time Oscar- winning film, A Simple Plan. Macbeth is fighting for the honor of kingship even though he is not liable to inherit the crown and only becomes acquainted with the idea through a prophecy of three witches.... [tags: Compare Contrast Analysis]
1599 words (4.6 pages)
- Mark Doty’s poem “At the Gym” dramatically expresses burdens as a common bond we share as human beings. The paths we take in life can be of great distress, but the outcome will determine the will of who we are. These paths are a “sign of where we’ve been” (line 11). Doty challenges us how to balance the weight of the world through self-confidence and consideration of others for guidance. According to Doty, this guidance can be found in common places. Mark Doty does not specifically give an example of a burden, but states “some burden they’ve chosen this time” (line 7).... [tags: Literary Analysis, Mark Doty]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Personal space, body language, and overall interaction between the participants in the gym was something that I hadn't paid enough attention to in the past, from the distance I could see that their interests. The intimate couples that I noticed in the gym seemed again sought to have created a private space for them by erecting invisible barriers through their private body language directed only at each other, resulting in considerable more space between these couples and other groups of people in the gym.... [tags: Descriptive Writing Examples]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- The gym where I train and workout, the Dubuque Martial Arts Group, is a place where I know who I am. It is a place I can go to escape my problems for a while and release some stress. It's not the actual physical building, but rather the events that have occurred there over the years. It's where I have formed some of my closest friendships. It is the place I have invested years of hard work for many of my accomplishments. To some it may seem odd that a place associated with sweat, blood and physical pain mean so much to someone.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Examples]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- When I Was 11 At The Time Of Middle School 113 ( M.s113 )
- Analysis Of The Article ' Ordinary Day '
- Writing Manual Of The American Psychological Association
- The Gladiators And Their Positive Effects On Ancient Roman Society
- The New Deal Was A Series Of Efforts Put Forth By Franklin D. Roosevelt
- My First Day My Sister