A veterinary technician assistant helps the veterinarian in their daily tasks. You must clean cages, life, hold, or restrain animals, take samples, x-rays, and assist in surgeries. With being a vet tech you need to be able to handle many of the same duties as a nurse in a physician 's office. They take patients vital signs and collect samples. They often monitor animals after surgery. The starting yearly salary is $23,020 and to top yearly salary is $34,000. There is 95,600 jobs for a vet tech in 2014. The job outlook is about 19%. The employment change is 17,900.
To become a vet tech, you need to go to a technical college for 2-3 years. In high school you need to take english, advanced math, and agricultural animal production if your school offers that. Ogeechee Technical college offers the vet program. To be accepted to OTC you need to take them classes in high school and do a good job on the SAT, ACT, or Compass test. You can be a intern...
... middle of paper ...
...tistics to go along with it. I will also bring in a fake animal and discuss step by step on what you do if you have an animal that has a wound and you need to properly clean it and make sure no infections will get in it and how to make sure it will heal correctly. When you clean up the wound you have to make sure you do every step right because you don 't need the wound to reopen or infection to get into the wound. The duties of a vet tech is very similar to a vet but they don 't do surgeries along. The vet tech will assist the vet in whatever they ask them to do. This is a busy job because you will be assigned to different of tasks everyday and you need to make sure you complete it and make sure it is done right. I am very excited about becoming a vet tech and being able to assist with the animals. My job shadowing has helped me in learning about my future career.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In science we trust. The very fulcrum upon which veterinary medicine stands is constructed by seemingly endless discovery and scientific inquiry. As our profession advances, the health of man and animal has become so entwined that they are nigh inseparable; indeed, the primary aim of veterinary public health is to strive for the overall well-being of humanity through studying, monitoring, and treating animals. My passion for animal medicine developed at a far later stage than most aspiring veterinary students, which allowed me to acquire and evaluate relevant knowledge in a unique way.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Medicine, Customer service]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- A Veterinary Technician is the main source of help for a Veterinary Doctor. Just like medical doctors work with nurses, Veterinarians count on Veterinarian Technicians to assist them with a multitude of things. According to a study conducted in 2012 that I read on Vet Tech Career Guide, “The majority of a Vet Tech’s time was spent on: General animal nursing, talking with and educating clients, Inducing/Monitoring anesthesia, collecting and analyzing lab samples, taking x-rays, and supervising other staff members”.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- One of the most intriguing fields of work is veterinary medicine, and although it may be stressful, hazardous, strenuous, and bittersweet at times it all pays off in the end knowing you’re becoming the voice of many helpless animals. 1Veterinarians are responsible for the health of all sorts of animals in all kinds of places.7 They also help protect humans from diseases that could be transferred from animals to humans such as rabies or salmonella poisoning. Becoming a veterinarian is extremely interesting because there are so many different areas to specialize in like dentistry, zoology, and even orthopedics, and if you become bored with a certain area there is always a new and exciting fi... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinarian, The Animals]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- Veterinarian Vs. Veterinary Technician Working with animals is my passion; I want to protect, save, and help animals. Deciding on whether to go to college to become a veterinarian or a veterinary technician can be a difficult decision; however I chose veterinary technician. The cost of school, years of schooling, and the duties that are required for the day can affect that decision. To practice Veterinary medicine is a four year course of study plus the undergraduate degree (“Steps to”). Veterinarians or vets have to acquire a doctorate in veterinary medicine to practice as a vet.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1890 words (5.4 pages)
- “Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge. I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics. I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.” (The Veterinary’s Oath).... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Medicine, Veterinarian]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- In the veterinary field, educating clients on proper training is crucial to the human-animal bond. A primary reason that pets are relinquished to shelters is behavior issues. With proper training, a pet can be an important member of the family. Without proper training, a pet can be a destructive nuisance or worse. Registered Veterinary Technicians are the first line of communication with clients, and it is vital that they are educated on how to properly train their new family member. An understanding of psychological behaviorism, the human-animal bond, and a knowledge of animal communication is essential to developing an effective training plan.... [tags: Behaviorism, Operant conditioning, Reward system]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- ... One of these situations is communicating with pet owners. A vet tech should be able to convey that they care about the animal as though it were their own. Also, a veterinary technician should have the ability to ease the nerves and emotions of pet owners to Loegering III help them understand what is going on and that things will be okay. Although, sometimes things can go wrong. In these cases technicians have to be considerate and have the ability to set aside their own emotions and comfort the owners that need it.... [tags: personal desires, education, training]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- It has long been debated as to whether it is ethical to use animals for experimentation. When considering whether animal research is ethically acceptable or not two main concerns must be raised. The first issue is whether it is absolutely necessary to use animals in order to acquire information that may contribute to the improvement of people’s health and well-being. The second issue is whether the use of animals is defendable on a moral ground. Supporters of animal research believe that animal experimentation and research is ethically acceptable as long as the treatment of the animals is humane and well-regulated.... [tags: Animal Research ]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Veterinarian: The Animal Doctor As the human heart continues to grow, peoples ' connection with animals grows stronger as they began to treat their pets as part of the family. The field of veterinarians is growing scientifically and technologically as they become more into demand. Veterinarians must care about animals, but they must also separate themselves from their patients which makes their job so difficult. Many others types of medical doctors may claim that veterinarians are not real doctors, but they do not fully realize the difficulty of having to know the medical history of more than one species.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Medicine, Veterinarian]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Veterinary Medicine For my agriculture report, I chose to do a report on veterinarians. I chose this career field because I like working with animals and learning about them. While doing my report I learned more then I thought there was to learn about animals and becoming a veterinarian. I learned how long it takes to become a veterinarian, what my chances are on being accepted by a veterinary college, what veterinarians do, and much more. Veterinary Medicine is a branch of medical science that deals with the prevention, cure, or alleviation of diseases and injuries of animals.... [tags: essays research papers]
528 words (1.5 pages)