For some people the amount of years they put into a friendship can weigh into the rewards column. This is the case for a long term bond I have formed with my best friend. Having any kind of connection with someone ...
... middle of paper ...
...om a friendship, like comfortable, it can help you see the good in it. While the cost can be harder to see, they are just as important because each type of social relationship requires effort and time. Without these two things a connection can turn into a negative worth, which is something you should not have in a relationship. The Social Exchange Theory sets the framework that we can think of our relationships in these economical terms. This is something society accepts because of our need to be getting rewards in the things we do. This helps us feel like we are getting something out of the effort we are putting in. Having a positive worth affirms this thinking. This theory can also go farther into thinking about our relationship with ourselves if we let it. It is important to have a positive worth with ourselves so we can transfer that to our social relationships.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Are we made for each other?. We have seen or experienced many ups and downs in relationships, but what does it take to make the perfect intimacy in a couple today. Before we reach adulthood, we've been through a lot of change mentally and physically mainly at our peak teenage crisis, where we indulged ourselves in seeing someone at a younger age, thinking she/he could be the perfect soulmate, but it has never been the case - probably 2 out of 10 have made it through to their expectation. The bond that was created sounded so profound but was at its highest flaw in many different angles, maybe due to our teenage immaturity. However the effectiveness and experiences gained from our past... [tags: relationships, intimacy, teenage, love]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- Seymour Glass is a war veteran on vacation with his wife Muriel. He seems to suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome because of the war. He recently has tried to commit suicide twice. Once by driving his father-in-law's car into a tree and again by trying to jump out a window. J.D. Salinger's story, "A Perfect Day for Bananafish," seems to be a simple story about a couple on vacation in Florida and his encounter with a child named Sybil on the beach. Seymour's relationship with Sybil after further examination allows one to see that what really is taking place is Seymour's search for truth and innocence in the world.... [tags: Salinger A Perfect Day for Bananafish]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- Friendship is central to one’s life because friends it can contribute towards shaping someone’s personality as well contribute to who we want to be in the contemporary society. Aristotle agreed in his Book VIII of the "Nichomachean Ethics" that friendship exists in three broader forms: friendship based on utility, that based on a shared appreciation of the good, and that based on pleasure (Percival, 2015). Similarly, Cicero, the Roman philosopher who lived in a different time and place, contended in his writing that "On Friendship": "Let us, then, lay down this law for friendship: we must not ask wrongful things, nor do them, if we are asked to" (Mews, 2009).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Mutual Equality in a Relationship, the Perfect Tool to Achieve Harmony One of the earliest actions of man is to be sexist; this action has been supported by women for centuries and is still present now days. Despite many evolutions in humans, there are still sexist actions at work, religion and society in general since “students enlightened enough to care about how constructions of gender and gender relations negatively affect the status of women globally.” Researches indicate that women began to react to this problem around the 1970s, where they created many feminist revolutions in the United States.... [tags: gender relations, sexist, husband]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Attracting quality leads, and then signing the most qualified tenants is the goal of every property manager. Focusing on the numbers is your best opportunity to reach occupancy targets and boost retention rates. Let’s talk about the numbers behind rental market success. Vacancy rates and residency retention numbers are directly tied to lead generation strategies so, let’s start there. Research shows that six percent of all leads convert. In a perfect world, where your marketing efforts help you achieve the average, if you want to sign six new tenants, you’ll need to make one hundred contacts.... [tags: Renting, Property, Real estate]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Strategic Customer Relationship Marketing (SCRM): The perfect form of Relationship Marketing is to deliver the distended values to the customers/travellers over and above the regular products and services offered by the organisation. SCRM allows company to overcome the hassles such as obtaining global competitive advantage, adopting the rapidly altering technologies and also minimising time and efforts to market the new products. SCRM is a strategic business process whose vital objective is to build long term relationship with its customer/traveller, to ensure customer/travellers loyalty along with enhancing the brand image and its value and increase customer satisfaction.... [tags: Marketing, Customer relationship management]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- This current cultural environment of materialism during the post-World War II period inspired J.D Salinger to pen the short story “A Perfect Day for a Bananafish.” It is a story that details the suicide of Seymour Glass. Salinger, in his story, critiques the materialist consumerism that arose after the second world war. The American society has not been severely impacted by the war in comparison to Europe. The country was also doing well finally, and the economic prosperity that arises during the war meant that a large number of the population has sufficient finances to make unnecessary purchases (Franssen, 158).... [tags: World War II, World War I, Post-War, Short story]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- After yesterday’s class, I have thought a lot about my attachment style, and how I relate to others in a professional setting. I think, that for a very long I have removed myself from having relationship with people I work with. Not to say that I haven’t been available, but I definitely have had my guard up. I do not trust people, and although I am openly out as a gay woman, I am consistently questioning the way people relate to me based on my sexual orientation. I know that it may sound very paranoid, but as a supervisor, I think that people have undermined my place based on my sexual orientation.... [tags: healthy relationship, sexual orientation, gay]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- The Not So Perfect Life of Being Perfect Often times as human beings we pressure our self to reach what we would consider a perfect state, but sometimes this pressure can become a little too much to handle. Perfectionism has two sides to it: a positive and a negative. The positive side can consist of high standard setting that would lead to future success, but the negative side is there is an immense pressure to be perfect which can often lead to rash decision making which is how mistakes are made (Rettner).... [tags: Pregnancy, Infant, Abortion, Anxiety]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Businesses only make one chance to make a first impression. With so much of business functioning in the online world, the front page of that website is vital. At iForest, we use the latest in web page development to make sure the customer is impressed with the site. Using technology such as HTML5, the platform will remain inexhaustible. At iForest, we know that every project has its own unique requirements; however, every project starts at the beginning. At iForest, we want to know everything about your company.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web design, Web page]
2153 words (6.2 pages)
- For Lack Of A Better Word By Donna Haraway
- A Short Note On The Responsibilities Of A Management Position
- Relationship Between Writer And Readers
- Taxes Are An Involuntary Fee Levied On Individuals Or Corporations
- Should A Surrogate Mother Contract Legally Or Morally Appropriate?
- Graduation Speech : New Education