I often hear people say “I want to change the world!” but they are not always quite sure about how they will accomplish it. When looking at myself; I can’t deny the fact that I have also used the sentence mentioned above at some point in my life. We tend to see all the social problems that are occurring across the world like; war, terrorism, poverty, starvation and diseases. But sometimes you cannot help the macro level of people; you cannot help everyone that is suffering on our planet. But what you can do is that you can simply help people on a micro level; you can help individuals that surround you on an everyday basis. People tend to think that the society should solve all the problems; that the authorities should take action and do something. We are in the habit of looking at others and we forget to look at ourselves because we don’t think that we can make a difference if we are alone. The problems we see around us seem too big to be able to approach. But if we would all change our attitudes and ask ourselves; “what can I do to make a difference?” the world would slowly become a better place for all of us.
Caring for someone is a way of helping someone; in my family we have always been very caring towards our family members, friends and people around us. I have been raised in that way that if I see an individual in need, I feel the desire to help them. I want to tell you some things that my parents did while I was growing up that taught me that it does not take a lot of money to help someone; although, it takes a lot of dedication, patience, sacrifice and warmth to do so.
I live in a family of four with my mother, father and one year older sister. We are a middle class family from Sweden who with both my...
... middle of paper ...
...s regarding the family and how you treat women. I am not sure that I would be able to accept the ways that some of the men are treating their women. Although, the Syrian women seem to accept it and in that case there is not a lot that I can do about it.
The Swedish society is very equal and the gender inequality gap is decreasing every year. Men overall treat women very good in Sweden, of course there are exceptions, but in general women are being treated fairly well. Same goes for my family; my parents have always showed respect towards each other and to us children. Although, I know that this is not always the case for the Syrian families. Women are not being treated equally where they come from and children might be disciplined in ways that my values do not agree with. This is something that I am going to find challenging when dealing with families and children.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sexual orientationism, like most ‘isms’, is an oppressive system that intentionally and unintentionally put sexual minorities at a disadvantage to those within the majority. While it is easy to label oneself as an ally, there are many faces of oppression, and micro-aggressions, that the everyday person can commit without any knowledge of doing so. Subscribing to stereotypes, regardless of how harmless or humour they may seem is actually encouraging oppression through the act of micro-aggression.... [tags: Ethics, Sociology, Business ethics, Virtue]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Chapter 1 THE PROBLEM AND ITS SETTINGS Background of the Study For the self-employed in the world where the poor entrepreneurship is involved experimenting with the new technologies and learning about each people self. Specialist of Micro-finance gives emphasis of proving credit to a small business or making it available to the people’s minds and allowing customers through self-confidence and a little of improvement. Likewise, that’s why poor women are keep on borrowing money to the Bombay’s because of the small, and uncollateralized loans it leave which them no choice but to experience the non-traditional roles.... [tags: creditors, finance, buisness, entrepreneurship]
2694 words (7.7 pages)
- Introduction Teresa de Lauretis coined 'queer theory ' in 1991 (Bell). Queer theory is a set of ideas based around the idea that identities are not fixed and do not determine who we are. Intersex is a part of queer theory that is lacking in research however in order to fully understand problems related to binary sex and gender systems, we must acknowledge the difficulty that binary systems create for people who may not fit into these fixed types of categories. Thus, continuing to discuss and research sex and gender in new and inclusive ways will benefit us, both at the macro and the micro levels.... [tags: Gender, Sociology, Gender role, Male]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction Micro Widgets, Incorporated, having recently completed the upgrade process from Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and the implementation of a patch management solution, wants to extend the capabilities of their Microsoft Windows Server 2012 environment. Currently, mwi.com lives on a third party hosted server. While this was the proper solution while company was in its infancy, it no longer fits within the organizational plan. This proposal will address the process for hosting mwi.com on a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 server internally.... [tags: micro-widgets, internet technology]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Introduction The Canadian brewery industry has become a dynamic, competitive landscape with the rise of craft and micro-breweries, especially with the increasing trend of consumer interest in imported beers. As the most popular alcoholic beverage in the country, beer serves not only as a unifying beverage at events and a variety of occasions, but also part of our identity as Canadians. With constant changes in consumer tastes and trends towards healthier products, competition increases in the beverage industry and brewers need to creatively stand out from the clutter.... [tags: Beer, Brewing, Alcoholic beverage, Brewery]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- The two main products sold of the supermarket are Indomie which is instant noodle and Pokka green tea. For Indomie, the supplier is from Carrefour, which the business imported from Indonesia whereas Pokka green tea’s supplier is Intradco which operating in Australia. These suppliers usually deliver the products to the business 3 three times a week to keep maintaining the stocks. Regularly the products arrive with around 15-20 boxes. For the payment of these products, usually manager pays in every last month to make effective and efficient in the process of purchasing by using check.... [tags: Instant Noodle, Green Tea, Grocery Store, Products]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- Despite the growing body of literatures about the microfinance and its impact on poverty, there are counter growing criticisms against microfinance in issues such as reaching the poor, unchanged poverty level, high interest rate, brutality in repayment processes, financial sustainability, and women empowerment. (Hossain, 2010). In terms of poverty reduction and reaching the poor people, the studies edited by (Hulme & Mosley, 1996) on the impact of microfinance on poverty found that poor people do not benefit from microfinance; it is only non-poor people who do well with microfinance and achieve positive impacts.... [tags: Economy, Interest Rate, Dependency]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- On a micro level symbolic interactionism instills itself with in society when it comes to the sex of the person. By constantly seeing social rules enforced it perpetuates an imagined set by society. Men are interpreted as gentlemen by opening doors for women or paying for dinner. This interpretation of men is set as the norm according to the society. This concept of male is frequently being depicted in the media in the form of movies, novels and etc. The same thing goes for women, what if a woman wanted be a firefighter.... [tags: Gender, Homosexuality, Sociology, Gender identity]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of deaths worldwide and is one of the main causes of morbidity and mortality in developed countries. The pathological process of the heart is related to altered expression of genes that are important for cardiac function. Thus, micro RNAs have become known as key regulators of gene expression and the recent studies have suggested the potential importance of micro RNAs; as diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets for many big diseases including cardiac diseases.... [tags: cardiovascular, micro rna, cardiac muscle]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Used for shifting and rotating operation. 2.3 Low Power ALU using 4:1 MUX There is a substantial increase in the standby mode leakage power, When technology is scaled from say 250nm to 180nm. Reducing the power consumption of the ALU of high-end processors is important not only because they consume a considerable percentage of processor energy, but also because they are one of the most active and busiest component of the processor . As a result of that they dissipate a lot of dynamic energy.... [tags: processor, digital system, micro processors]
1441 words (4.1 pages)