Gemma woke that morning to find Parker pacing back and forth across her hospital room, talking into his phone. Well, maybe talking wasn’t the word for it. Shouting was a better fit. “Yes, I understand that it’s a difficult situation. That’s exactly why I don’t think you should come down her and talk to her.... Like what? What do you think she’s done?! This is a woman who has devoted her entire being to the Bureau and got the short end of the stick more times than one person ever deserves because of it. She’s got a fantastic track record, better than most, and she’s more than proven herself…. No, I don’t think you understand the implications! You should be worried about yourselves, if anything. It was internal affairs and the psych division who wrongly cleared her for active duty…. Of course she would! She’d a field agent; all they want to do is get the hell off the bench whenever they’re on it! And I know for a fact that she thought she was well enough. The psych department assured her that she was…. Well, they’re the doctors, it’s their goddamn job, not hers…. It’s not my job either! ...Yeah, worry about a full investigation into your depar...
... middle of paper ...
... me. –Thorin.
A few hours later, Parker returned with another note, this time written on note paper.
Oh don’t be stupid, of course I’m keeping you around. We’ll get through this like always. I worry about you. Your whole life has been ripped away, and I know you said not to blame myself, but I do. It was the only way to save you, but did you want to be saved? I feel that as a partner, I am failing you because I’m not with you. When I am alone, although it hasn’t been often over the past few days, I feel very sad. I miss everyone. But they were more your family than they were mine, and so your grief must be even worse. I’m going to sneak out to your room as soon as I get a chance.
She didn’t bother to sign her name this time, just drew a little heart. Thorin smiled somewhat sadly, and scrawled a note in return. Parker rolled his eyes, but took it nonetheless.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sequence Analysis: Dead Poets Society and Mona Lisa Smile The Behaviour of the Students: In both movies, we see a lot of how the students interact amongst themselves. In Dead Poets Society, we see the boys running around and being playful and friendly with one another. We also see them building a radio, having their “study sessions,” and, eventually, resurrect the Dead Poets club and attend the meetings that follow. The boys are friendly with each other overall, with little to no feuds in most of the movies duration.... [tags: Dead Poets Society, Education, Mona Lisa]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do,” (Jobs 1997). This powerful quote belongs to one of the greatest technology entrepreneurs and inventors that ever lived. He revolutionized the computer, mobile, and music industries. He brought Apple back from the dead and transformed it into one of the richest and most influential companies in the world today. Everybody knows this terrific genius but here are some facts that you might not know about Steve Jobs and Apple.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, Macintosh, John Sculley]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Imagine yourself driving into uncharted territories in Afghanistan with your fellow brothers. Through lush but quite mountains, you know the enemy is out there but there is no enemy is sight, but before your eyes your vehicle is blown up by a roadside bomb that was implanted in the road. Many people in the United States wont be able to relate to the horrible traumatic environment in which many military combat vets have been through post 9/11 and/or before. Wounded: The Battle Back Home, is a documentary that brings to life the experiences of each generation of wounded soldiers as they battle with both visible and invisible wounds of war.... [tags: Psychological trauma]
1036 words (3 pages)
- March 2 I finally made it back to my room. The lights are still off, so I am happy I left my door open. I wanted to write about everything that happened to me outside. It was a very long trip to find food. It seemed like I walked forever. Everything outside is destroyed, like when I would play with my legos and crash things into them, just to see it fall apart. I do not know why, but it is bad out here. I walked and walked, until I found a small food store. It looked like a lot of people had already taken all the food.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, 2003 singles, The Cure]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- A smile flickered across her face as she realized why she agreed to come along with him. She’d agreed because it was an excuse to fly her anti-gravity fighter craft. She didn’t give a damn about exploring dead worlds and wandering planets. She wasn’t the touring kind; there was nothing interesting in exploring dead worlds. Not for her anyway. There definitely wasn’t anything worth writing home about out here on the dead planet, only ruins left behind by an alien civilization long dead. “I heard you loud and clear the first time.” A suprisingly deep but friendly amused voice came through the high definition 3D sound communications system installed into the ship.... [tags: ship, worlds, craft, planet]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Thirty-one year old Cooke Hamilton, a lieutenant who'd been in service for The Serpents nine full years now, slumped exhausted unto Toyer’s comfy seat. Cooke had just arrived with the force’s own subterranean tube from Alaska to the army base located somewhere beneath north western New York. He was fatigued. He'd been at his brother's place in Alaska playing first-person-shooter video games with his nephew when he received a call from the commander of The Serpents himself. The Serpents were humanity’s only security force in place.... [tags: video games, spies, army, aliens]
2628 words (7.5 pages)
- The Day of the Dead celebration is one full of beauty, joy, laughter and art. It is a celebration in which the living and the dead are reunited. The children and infants are the first to visit (November 1st), then after they depart the spirits of the deceased come and enjoy there part of the celebration (November 2nd). Celebrations, as well as customs, vary regionally. Some visit the cemetery and participate in a big communal celebration, while others just clean and decorate their loved ones grave without joining the big communal celebration.... [tags: celebration, cemetery, art, food]
2797 words (8 pages)
- “Yeah,” Dean leaned over and kissed her, his teeth grazing against her bottom lip, “and I don’t want him coming here looking for me. He’s a not nice man.” “How would he even know that you’re here?” Rachel didn’t want to sound whiny, but that was the quality that her voice had. She knew that this wasn’t going to be more than a fuck, but the fact that he wanted to leave so quickly hurt. It wouldn’t be the first time, but it didn’t make it any easier. Plus, she was pretty sure that Dean was not a nice man.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, 2006 albums]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- ... So even though you may not feel like it today or you may be sick you still must take some time out to train. You must push yourself to work a little bit harder each time and when you’re done the gratification of feeling better that you did and seeing results was worth the push. A dedication to your workout is crucial with strict guidelines on what muscles you work, how often and for how long with proper form for each routine. To perform a dead lift you do not need much equipment only a bar with free weights on the ends, this makes it a barbell.... [tags: training, building, body, muscles, bones]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Why the Death Penalty is Dead Wrong Most people argue that the death penalty is not a form of cruel and unusual punishment. However, this is extremely inaccurate. Electric chair victims can take up to 14 minutes to die, maintaining full consciousness as their flesh begins to scorch and burn off. During lethal injection, "even a slight error in dosage or administration can leave a prisoner conscious but paralyzed with pain, serving as a witness for his own demise." The following is an eye witness account of an Arizona gas chamber execution given by Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens: "When the fumes enveloped Don's head he took a quick breath.... [tags: Capital Punishment]
551 words (1.6 pages)