Back then whenever I need to print my study materials, I will simply just connect my laptop to the printer set aside with a connecting cable. And then all I need is to click the print option, the materials will be printed, simple as that. I always thought that was how easy a printer works. After the second lecture of Information Technology 061, which is about computer hardware, I had learnt that there are various types of printers and each with different characteristics. I had never wondered how does a printer function exactly and what makes each type of printers different from one another.
A printer is an output device that produces texts and graphics on a physical medium such as transparency film, posters and various types of paper. Printers are one of the most used peripherals on computers and are usually used to print photos, images, text and store as hard copy. The printed materials and information are the hard copy which is in a permanent and readable form. There are a wide variety of printing devices available due to different needs of people all around the world. Thus, printers are existed with different speeds, functions, prices and printing methods.
Various Ways of Producing Printed Output
A few years ago, the earliest method people used for printing documents would be the same as me, which is connecting a computer to a printer with a printer cable. The advancement of modern technologies is increasing rapidly throughout the years, providing a variety of printing options such as wireless printing technology and direct printing from a camera. Nowadays, without uploading or downloading the images from a digital camera into files, people also could easily print the images they needed. There are t...
... middle of paper ...
...nters have a lower printing speed, which is 20 pages per minute (ppm) for black text and 15 ppm for color or graphic (Gary B.Shelly 2005).
Conclusion and Personal View
Through my lecturer detailed explanation about the printers, I had learnt the various types of printers and their characteristics. I had understanding in further about how does a printer functions to create images or characters onto the paper. For example, impact printers functioning by involving the process of striking while nonimpact printers functioning by spraying, laser beam and etcetera. Besides, with my understanding about the printers, I could specify my needs and purchase the printer which is suitable for me. Such as how much is my budget; Do I need a color printer or black and white printer; Do I print directly from memory card or media card; Do I need wireless printing capability.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Although certain types of sex toys remain somewhat taboo, vibrators seem to have entered the mainstream. Google turns up countless articles, many from mainstream publications, detailing features to consider when purchasing one, the health benefits associated with regular use, and even information on obtaining one that is eco-friendly. Women are attending Tupperware-style sex toy parties, which offer the opportunity to handle, and purchase vibrators and other adult novelties in the semi-private environment of a person’s home.... [tags: sex toys, vibrators, 3D printers]
681 words (1.9 pages)
- 1. What are the different types of buyers and sellers that participate in business-to-business (B2B) markets. 2. List the steps in the B2B buying process. 3. Describe the value added of personal selling. 4. What are the steps in the personal selling process. (Briefly describe each one.) 5. What are the ethical and legal issues in personal selling. 1. All firms want to divide the market into groups of customers with different needs, wants, or characteristics who therefore might appreciate products or services geared especially toward them.... [tags: Sales, Marketing, Selling, Customer service]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- ... In jobs and in workplaces also they are not being treated well. It is also encouraging crimes in these countries. When someone doesn’t give you your rights and you are not being treated equally you will also try to do negative things to them. These castes have created their own groups and sometimes they demand for separate states. Maoist’s problem is one of the major problems which India is facing and caste discrimination is one of the major factors which are responsible for these groups. Racial or Ethnic Discrimination This is most prevalent discrimination in today’s world.... [tags: effected, recommendations, behaviors, equal]
3428 words (9.8 pages)
- ... White-tailed deer mate in November in the northern parts of their range and in January or February in the southern parts of their range. The female can have from one to three fawns after about six months after mating. They hide their young in different areas in order to keep them safe from predators and ensure the survival of at least one fawn. Fawns are reddish-brown at birth with white spots that help camouflage them. They can walk immediately after birth and forage for food a couple of days later.... [tags: habitats, fawns, life]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Various types of art and design advertising exist but surrealism triumphs over other visual art. Surrealism revealed possibilities that remain present in art, culture, and everyday experience. This potential for revelation surpass the common use of “surreal” in ordinary speech to mean something strange or unusual. Even though surrealism is bizarre and ambiguous, it was more highly organised and last longer than most art movements. Additionally, surrealism was always about more than art or aesthetics.... [tags: Advertising, Graphic design, Communication design]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- THE BEST 3D PRINTERS UNDER $1000 BY TYPE: Since you likely have a lot of research to conduct before deciding on which printer to buy, you might be interested in reviewing them on a type basis, rather than name-brand. While there are features and benefits to the different models and the companies that make them, if you 're needing a printer under more specific circumstances, the following will help: Printers for beginners Perhaps one of the most popular categories, beginner printers should meet not just your criteria, but an industry set standard for simplicity, functionality and design.... [tags: Inkjet printer, 3D printing]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Product development process: This process is a long and time consuming process that involves the following steps such as generating an idea and screening the idea to check its feasibility both cost wise and product wise. This process gives an idea, if the product is feasible for marketing. It also includes application of the concept, which tells us which group of people we are trying to sell the product to and how user friendly is it. It is not the same as test marketing. However this process creates an opportunity for analyzing the business, which involves measuring standards called metrics which are used for monitoring the progress.... [tags: product development, qualitative research]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Ultrasonic sound- The PING))) ultrasonic sensors operate using ultrasonic sound. The sensor emits an ultrasonic chip, which is reflected off of and object. The sensor times how long it takes for the sensor to emit the chirp, and have it received off the object as an echo. Using the equation of the speed of sound in air, the sensor monitors distance. The sensor operates using a 40kHz chirp. This frequency falls in the sound range commonly used by animals for communication. Frequencies that are much higher, for example 1-20 mHz are used more commonly for medical imaging.... [tags: Various]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Corporate Characteristics Proposal Financial Accounting II Corporate Characteristics Proposal Introduction here Various Forms of Business Organizations Before starting a new business, several decisions such as its legal structure must be made first. Five basic entity types exist in which to structure a business. These types consist of sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC), C corporations, and S corporations. When determining the type of structure to use, comparison of different factors such as liability to the owners, taxation, and management controls must be conducted.... [tags: Business Law]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Musical Characteristcs of Rap Hip-hop culture, once confined to the streets has broken into the commercial realm with force. Hip hop records top the charts week after week, rap videos have taken control of MTV, BET and the BOX, and there are dozens of hip hop magazines on the newsstands. A stroll on any city street in the United States reveals the proliferation of hip-hop styled apparel. The culture itself had much humbler beginnings, however. On the street corners and in the parks, young men and women battled through freestyle rhymes and dance moves.... [tags: Papers]
739 words (2.1 pages)