Golf Course personnel spend a considerable amount of time collecting golf balls from drivings ranges. These workers use machines that can be costly to maintain and purchase. Workers are at risk of being wounded by golf balls. Solarispick is an automated golf ball retriever that is electrically powered. With the ability to be solar powered, Solarispick offers a safe, economical, and green way to collect balls on the driving range. Not only will this product increase the reputation of a golf course, but will also help reduce costs in HR and fuel. Unlike current competitors, our product offers superior design and performance as it is larger, in addition to having the ability of being solar powered.
Interpretation of Consultants Advice
Overall, I believe that the general themes voiced by the consultants came to three points: the need to identify innovators, licensing existing technology, and the potential to pivot away from solar power. The sentiment that I felt from the consultants was that of being excited. This makes me much more confident in going forward with the idea of the automated golf ball picker upper. One consultant, Matt Diteljan, went so far as to write out “awesome, awesome awesome” on our feedback page and later stating that it was his “favourite idea out of anyone”1. This confidence from the consultants is not without some critiques, however.
Though they did like the general principal of our idea, I realized that they were concerned with why golf courses would want to purchase the product. Derek Hassay was “not sure the problem is legitimate” among golf courses needing to move to the automated machine. Others, like Danny Way, were also having difficulty identifying the reason behind golf courses...
... middle of paper ...
...d are they interested in a licensing deal?
3. What is the cost to produce a MVP and the estimated cost of producing a market ready product?
To answer these questions, we will use our available means. Available means is being able to use existing resources that are available to us to solve our problems (Peschl, 2016). As some members in the group have existing contact in the golf industry we should try to talk to them to hear their opinions. Furthermore, we should cold call golf courses that we do not have connections to. Lastly, to get cost estimates we should get in touch with current contact at the University of Calgary solar team for their guidance.
In summary, our team has the appropriate means to be able to answer questions to further add to our value proposition and be confident that we are solving a problem that is scalable to golf courses in the Americas.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Meta: Golf is arguably the most gentlemanly sport in the world, with Pipeline49 now taking the game of the green and giving it a gambling edge. Closest to the Pin is the name, but will you be able to sink a putt when it matters most. Closest to the Pin Review In the world of sport, a selection of game’s have been labeled as the “gentleman’s choice”. However, when push comes to shove, only one sport can rightfully stake claim to the tag, with that sport being golf. Many decisions and bonds have been done while playing this grass-laden game.... [tags: Golf, Golf club, Rules of golf, Golf equipment]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- 5.1 Customer Segments The customer segment for fast food fried chicken generally serve family, children and adults. KFC and Popeyes offer family meals for large order instead of purchasing several value meals (Capillary Technologies, 2014). 5.2 Customer Relationships This Industry interacts with its customers through social media such as Facebook and Twitter (Digital Marketing, 2015). KFC has taken one step to connect to their customers by introducing ‘Wake Up to KFC’ to win vouchers (KFC Singapore, 2016), Popeyes introduced lucky draw of $1000 cash weekly on Christmas season (Popeyes Lousiana Kitchen , 2016).... [tags: KFC, Fast food, Food, Customer]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Value Proposition (VP) This is point of session where rubber meets the road. We have covered and done exercises in • Foundations of Value, • Psychological Factors, • Buying, • Markets, • Property rights, • Pricing, • Your Assumptions, and • Value Innovation The information and data collected and processed all help in the creation of your value proposition. the VP is arguably the key to effectively marketing your product or service. Purpose of Value Proposition (VP) is to motivate people and companies to investigate your product or service further.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Marketing, Asterisk]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- There are two main components that go into golf swing physics. Both these will result in the best possible shot good swing speed of the arms and shoulders. Uncorking the wrists at the right moment so that the club connects squarely with the ball. Uncorking the wrists means letting the wrists rotate freely, while still holding on to the club. You must generate good swing speed to hit the ball hard enough, so that it goes far. The second point is not as obvious. To understand the physics of a golf swing one must consider the mechanics of rotational motion.... [tags: Golf, Baseball, Professional golfer, Golf ball]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Organisation Analysis Apple - Value proposition and Culture Apple - Company Description Apple Inc., was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne on 1976, is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers. Its best-known hardware products are the Mac line of computers, the iPod media player, the iPhone smartphone, and the iPad tablet computer. Its consumer software includes the OS X and iOS operating systems, the iTunes media browser, the Safari web browser, and the iLife and iWork creativity and productivity suites.... [tags: itunes, safari, steve jobs, improvement]
1039 words (3 pages)
- 1 The value proposition is to help young people with troubled backgrounds (caused by separated parents, drug use, violent behavior etc.) improve their lifestyle and independence through workshop activities and special team of advisers. We continually provide support and ensure that you stay on track. Benefits to consumers are: • Consumers are assured of a boost in confidence and independence • Potential employability skills are improved on if already present • Improved social connections and networks among peers through teamwork and interacting with professional speakers • It provides a good experience that can only make you stronger mentally 3 The business model used is based on Al... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, PEST analysis]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- This paper examines the physics involved in driving a golf ball off the tee. The objective of a drive is to achieve the greatest distance while leaving the golf ball in the middle of the fairway. Several factors will be considered in achieving the longest, and most accurate drive. The factors include calculating the velocity of the golf ball after the club and ball collide, the mass of the club head, launch angle, the shape of the club face, and finding the optimal golf ball. Intuition tells us that the larger the velocity of the club head at impact with the golf ball, the larger the velocity of the golf ball after the impact.... [tags: physics sport sports golf]
1744 words (5 pages)
- Many golf equipment companies are constantly trying to improve the different “tools” used during the game. And with the incredible rate of technology, golf equipment is constantly being taken to higher and higher levels. In fact, technology now allows golf equipment so precise and accurate, that many people believe it requires less skill to be a really exceptional golfer. As technology and the study of physics progresses, only newer and better equipment will be produced. This is why a line must be drawn between technology and the skills of today’s players.... [tags: physics sport sports golf]
3708 words (10.6 pages)
- Golf is one of the toughest sports there is. The entire goal of the game is to get a very small ball into a cup that is several hundred yards away. What most people may not realize is that physics plays a role in just about every aspect of trying to get the ball into that cup. Every part of the game, from the tee-off until the ball drops into the cup, is affected by physics in one way or another. The purpose of this web page is to introduce you to the role that physics plays in the game of golf.... [tags: physics sport sports golf]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- Water and Salt water sound similar, at first you would think that but as soon as you research either of them you’ll find that the only thing they have one thing in common water. This pair brings to mind somewhat of a similar situation in golf and frisbee golf. One would think that you frisbee golf is just golf with a frisbee but this is not so it s deeper than that. When you experience both of these it come to you, although they share similar names golf and frisbee golf have many differences between them.... [tags: Ultimate Frisbee Golf]
986 words (2.8 pages)