Coloring Essays

  • The Mathematics of Map Coloring

    1881 Words  | 4 Pages

    The Mathematics of Map Coloring The four-color conjecture has been one of several unsolved mathematical problems. From 1852 to this day, practically every mathematician has studied the problem long and hard, but to no avail. The conjecture looks as though it has been solved by Wolfgang Haken and Kenneth Appel, both of the University of Illinois. They have used computer technology to prove the conjecture. The calculation itself goes on for about 1200 hours. The staggering length of the computation

  • Graph Theory: The Four Coloring Theorem

    1566 Words  | 4 Pages

    Graph Theory: The Four Coloring Theorem "Every planar map is four colorable," seems like a pretty basic and easily provable statement. However, this simple concept took over one hundred years and involved more than a dozen mathematicians to finally prove it. Throughout the century that many men pondered this idea, many other problems, solutions, and mathematical concepts were created. I find the Four Coloring Theorem to be very interesting because of it's apparent simplicity paired with it's

  • Queen Nefertiti as a Significant Historical Figure in the Coloring Book

    797 Words  | 2 Pages

    Queen Nefertiti as a Significant Historical Figure in the Coloring Book The influence and admiration of Ancient Egypt's Queen Nefertiti in the modern world is quite apparent, particularly in children's literature. "A Coloring Book of Queen Nefertiti" is a prime example. This 18-page coloring book includes black-outline illustrations of various aspects of ancient Egyptian history pertaining to Queen Nefertiti. Also incorporated are brief anecdotes pertaining to the pictures, written in simple

  • How food coloring affects the body

    633 Words  | 2 Pages

    PA; & Haenggeli, CA (2004). Food colourings and preservatives—allergy and hyperactivity. In: The Lancet, 364(9437): 823-824. Retrieved March 5, 2014, from Rowe, KS; & Rowe, KJ (1994). Synthetic food coloring and behavior: A dose response effect in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, repeated-measures study. The Journal of Pediatrics, 125(5): 691-698. Retrieved March 5, 2014, from Vargas, F; & Lopez, O

  • Joy of Cooking

    707 Words  | 2 Pages

    zoo animals standing near by. The idea of this dish is to make the train look similar to the candy house in the story, "Hansel and Gretel". The first step was to add food coloring to the icing. She was excited. "Mommy, can I mix the colors?" Next, I decorated the cake board with grated coconut. I add green food coloring to the grated coconut. Jessica said, " Mommy, that looks like grass." Then, I decorated the carts of the train with different color icing. For example, I placed green, blue

  • Personal Narrative- The Dieting Cycle

    1028 Words  | 3 Pages

    dirt and grime of a hard days work, I caught myself staring into the mirror. I said to myself, "Gosh, I look horrible today." My hair seemed so dull, so bland. My face looked so pale, so white. My eyes were surrounded by a purplish blue coloring, the same coloring that I had attempted to hide that same morning with my makeup. My eye lids felt like they weighed a ton. "Damn! Mondays are really starting to wear me down. I got to start getting some rest." But that was not it, and I knew it. I lied to

  • The Leopard

    653 Words  | 2 Pages

    with solid black blotches. Coat color and patterning are associated with it’s habitat. 1.     Savannah Leopards – Reddish to orange color 2.     Desert Leopards – Pale cream to a yellow-brown coloring, The ones from cooler regions a more grayish color. 3.     Rainforest Leopards – dark, deep golden coloring 4.     High mountain Leopards – even darker than 3 Black Leopards/Black Panthers are found most frequently in humid forests but are just a color variation and not a subspecies. Variations in

  • Economic Trade-off Analysis of Cracker Jack

    634 Words  | 2 Pages

    me, however, since I didn't care much for them. I was in the store the other day, and ran into America's favorite snack again. The product hung in four-ounce bags near the bakery section of the supermarket. Bags of Cracker Jack? The package coloring was the same, the logo was still a boy in a sailor outfit accompanied by a dog: Sailor Jack and Bingo. It was 99 cents, and there was a surprise inside. Didn't it used to specify a "toy" surprise inside? I had known that for some time now,

  • The Ghost’s Appeal: Man’s Interest in the Superficial in Toulouse-Lautrec’s At the Moulin-Rouge

    1167 Words  | 3 Pages

    The Ghost’s Appeal: Man’s Interest in the Superficial in Toulouse-Lautrec’s At the Moulin-Rouge Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec’s famous painting, At the Moulin-Rouge, combines striking coloring with abnormal lighting to create a work that addresses men’s superficial interest in women. The dark scene depicted in the painting includes ten people scattered about a restaurant. In the center, two women and three men sit casually around a table while the background portrays two men and a woman peering into

  • Free Process Essays - How to Prepare a Supreme Cafe Latte

    735 Words  | 2 Pages

    shop and restaurant thinks it can serve a latte. I've even seen coffee stands in drugstores. Unfortunately, these sources rarely have coffee worth drinking. A simple cup of drip coffee can be mastered by any novice. It's to coffee making what coloring in the lines is to art, a small challenge. It take a true coffee connoisseur to master the espresso or latte. I am proud to be such a connoisseur. Learning to make a proper cup of coffee is akin to an art apprentice learning under a great painter

  • The Visible Light Spectrum

    743 Words  | 2 Pages

    The Visible Light Spectrum “Mr. Petersuh-uh-uhn…. I need a white crayon for the white parts of the map!”, my daughter’s classmate whines as she peers into her box of mismatched Crayons. “Don’t worry about coloring those parts of the map. White isn’t a color anyways…”, replies her sixth grade teacher. Uh-oh. Big mistake! The entire class is now in for an impromptu lesson in the properties of light and the visible spectrum, courtesy of the child of a laser student. Added bonus: elevated egg-headed

  • The Ideal Female and the Oppression of Women

    856 Words  | 2 Pages

    look like the ideal woman. We’re too misshaped, spotty, old, flabby, fat, skinny, or the wrong color. We go in for breast enhancement, liposuction, facelifts, nose jobs, skin color altering, we buy into certain fad diets, we purchase makeup and hair coloring and styling products, and the new exercise machine miracle worker. Beauty is a multi-million dollar operation that can’t afford for any women to love themselves as they are. The current beauty ideal for women, tall, very thin,... ... middle

  • Hardy-weinburg Equilibrium

    1101 Words  | 3 Pages

    upon by agents other than sexual recombination. For example, take a population of mice that consists of 1,000 members. A specific allele, albino allele, is recessive within this species. 80% of the population expresses the normal phenotype- brown coloring, while the remaining 20% are albino. 640 members of the population have the genotype AA, 320 have Aa, and 40 have aa. If completely random mating were to occur, there would be an 80% chance that a gamete would bear the normal allele, A, and a 20%

  • Cosmetology

    511 Words  | 2 Pages

    Cosmetology Cosmetology is working with skin, hair and nails. Which includes things like hair styling, cutting, coloring, shampooing, manicures, waxing, facials, etc. "More than a half a million people work as cosmetologists." (Careers For Woman Without College Degrees 254) It is a great profession for people who would like to have a career in the beauty industry. It's a great career for a mother in a two income family or if you're just living on your own. This career is not only for woman, it

  • Bubble Gum

    1075 Words  | 3 Pages

    Teachers. The first known bubble gum appeared in 1906, and was a dud. Known as Blibber Blubber, it was sticky, brittle, and insufficiently cohesive. In 1928, an accountant, Walter Diemer, invented an improved version of bubble gum. The only food coloring he had on hand was pink, so for many years, pink was the common color of bubble gums. Diemer arranged to market the bubble gum in Philadelphia candy stores and the product became wildly popular with children. Fleer Company purchased the recipe, and

  • Website Review

    640 Words  | 2 Pages

    with more than 560,000 visits per month. (Doubleclick.) This section really takes advantage of what multimedia has to offer. When you enter the site music begins to play, and animated graphics begin to move. The site contains games, an interactive coloring book, and ideas for arts and crafts projects. It also has links to all the children's shows that are on PBS including, Sesame Street, Barney, and Thomas the Tank. Its design is extremely colorful, playful, and intriguing. Another main section in

  • Advertisements

    733 Words  | 2 Pages

    any television would ever be. The ad itself is fairly large, taking up four full pages, which feel a little bit thicker than the pages in the rest of the magazine. Many people will notice the ad not only because of its size but also because of its coloring. All four pages of the ad are filled with eye-catching green grass and a bright blue sky. On the first page, lying on top of the grass are various models of the High Definition Televisions from Samsung and a playful looking girl with her back turned

  • Fireworks

    736 Words  | 2 Pages

    wavelengths, often in the visible region. In fireworks, the energy to excite the electrons comes from the reaction between the oxidizer and fuel. Fireworks are usually made out of the following items; an oxidizing agent, a fuel (reducing agent), a coloring agent, binders and regulators. These mixed together are what make up the basic fireworks: Oxidizers The first thing in a firework is the oxidizing agent. These produce the Oxygen to burn the mixture. Oxidizers are usually nitrates, chlorates

  • Coloring Easter Eggs

    559 Words  | 2 Pages

    For many people, coloring Easter eggs is a holiday tradition that has been carried on for many generations. Whether this is the case for you, or you are starting a new tradition, coloring Easter eggs can be easy and entertaining fun. There are limitless creative possibilities for people of all ages. When coloring Easter eggs, you should begin by hard boiling the eggs. Be sure that they have had a chance to cool before coloring to avoid burnt fingers. Next, you will want to cover your workstation

  • Expanding Lives: My Teaching Philosophy

    789 Words  | 2 Pages

    which we take on while others we ignore. Teaching and learning are two of these chances, two I feel upon which we should never pass. In order to ensure I am teaching and learning at nearly every prospect, I have always lived my life as if it is a coloring book. When I was a child, I scribbled on every page, leaving messy streaks of crayon and never staying in the lines. Time went by with elementary school, and I learned the importance of following rules and staying in the lines. As I grew older