Glencore was once dubbed the “the biggest company you’ve never heard of”. The noted clandestine commodities trading firm may have a global network that reaches to all four corners of the world, but it still hasn’t emerged as a headline performer. The reason being that Glencore and Glencore shares have faced their fair share of controversy, largely because they have struggled to shake loose the reputation of the company’s late founder Marc Rich. Not only that, the anger surrounding supposed kickbacks for Iraqi oil, contribution to pollution in Zambia, and the company’s decision to operate in apartheid ridden South Africa have hurt public image considerably in the past. Moving on from past controversies has proved to be quite the challenge for Glencore, but it seems that hasn’t stopped many eying up Glencoe shares as a potential investment.
Historically the public image of Glencore has been far from clean cut, but at the end of the day that isn’t what investors are choosing to trade in. They are looking to trade in a quality stock, something that Glencore shares represents after changing the face of their operations in 2015. Cuts usually spell disaster for most company’s, but its actually resulted in the opposite for Glencore. By slashing the production levels of zinc, the price of Glencore shares has skyrocketed by 12%. The change in business operation has allowed the company to retune in order to reduce the company’s debt by a third due to a $10.2 billion influx. Facing its vulnerabilities head on, it seems that the decision to cut back on 400,000 tons worth of copper production, offload struggling assets, and holding off on dividend pay-outs have removed the anchor from Glencore shares.
... middle of paper ...
...led to some thinking that the sector and issues related to Anglo American shares are overblown. If this were to be proven to be the case, then Anglo American shares could actually prove to be a bargain stock that returns big dividends. From analysts and trader reports, it seems that in 2015 and beyond Angle American shares will be an LSE stock that will divide opinion.
How Accendo Markets can help
Does the coal and iron ore sector appeal to you in spite of the downturn? Do you want to add one the top-20 largest LSE stocks to your portfolio? Then investing in Angle American shares will be of interest. Trading Anglo American shares couldn’t be simpler either; as Accendo Markets has the tools that can take you to the heart of the stock market action. Through the very best trading platforms and tools, trading Anglo American shares can now be done in a matter of moments.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What if you had to answer the question, who is your biggest role model. Would you know the answer on the top of your head, or would you have to think about it. Everyone has their version of their perfect role model. The answer to these questions could be their best friend, family, or even someone as simple as a celebrity. For many people, it can be hard to decide who has had the biggest impact and their life and for what reasons. However, for me deciding my biggest role model is perfectly simple.... [tags: Family, Father, Sociology, Never have I ever]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we 're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths” Walt Disney, founder of The Walt Disney Company. October 16, 1923 Walt signed a contract with M.J. Winkler to produce a series of Alice comedies, considered the start of the Disney Company. Through the 90 plus years of operating, the corporation has become one of the strongest companies in the world(11th to be exact). As a business with well distributed branches always bringing a fantasy as close to our reality.... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Starbucks Coffee Company The world without coffee is such a tasteless world. Nowadays, coffee is consumed all over the world, and it is also one of the most crucial product in world trade. Coffee not only helps people relieve stress, but also makes them feel happier. Many customers, including officers, workers, and students get attracted to coffee due to its unique taste. As a result, more coffee shops are opened every day in this country. There are a lot of well-known coffee shops in America, namely, Dunkin Pumpkin, Cafe Du Monde, Four Barrel Coffee, and so on.... [tags: Starbucks, Coffee, Coffeehouse, Espresso]
2252 words (6.4 pages)
- 1. Which are the biggest management challenges for international firms. What can firms do in response. The international management structure and an appropriate organizational design for managing people in a cross-cultural environment are made up of an effective scheme. During these activities, companies face the technical, political, economic, linguistic, and cultural differences have to go through practice. For a small business to go after any international activities, even if a couple of these international challenges, or simply to show up in the competition, while active in the local community in their own pr... [tags: Risk management, Management, Risk, Political risk]
1960 words (5.6 pages)
- ... Job’s first dot you could say is he dropped out of Reed College; he says he wasn’t enjoying it and that he didn’t have a purpose for being there. Later did he know he would attend seventeen years later and that’s what I am greatly surprised by at such an older age you can attend college. That’s one example though Job’s shows that it is never too late to do what you want and pursue the career you have always dreamed about. I believe that is so great to allow people to always believe in chasing what they have always wanted to do.... [tags: settle, opportunities, company, college]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- Everyone knows that all are items are made somewhere else but China is assumed to be where everything is made, it’s blamed for outsourcing our jobs, cheap labor is attributed to China, it’s all about China, but upon taking a look at the tags on clothing items, they will tell a completely different story. Yes, China is the biggest producer, but there will be a wide variety of countries that will be found on those labels, some people may have never even heard of before. With just a simple look, people’s closets will surprise them, it can cause whole views to change when you realize just how global production really is.... [tags: Third World, First World, Second World, Clothing]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- On January 31st 2015, Mr. Thompson as a CEO of one of the world’s biggest fast-food franchise, Mc Donald, had resigned, because the franchise made less 20% of profit each quarter since 2014. The next CEO will be Mr. Easterbrook who is a CBO and the franchise hopes that he will make a comeback for the franchise like what Mr. Thompson did in 2012 which the profit successfully went up to 50% percent per quarter. The shareholders had grown frustrated past over last year, because the franchise could not get any better.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Restaurant, Fast food]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Does the satisfaction and happiness one gets at the time of getting the job, remains the same. The basic idea here is about the behavioural changes that one faces upon entering the corporate world. What all psychological changes one encounters and basically how he should accommodate with them. Is it an easy task to maintain your own principles, your beliefs, your conscience and your preferences without clashing them with that of the organisation. A fresh or post graduate moves from a life where everything is about choice, that means, he is free to decide whether to attend a lecture or not, whom to make his friend, he is liberal enough to decide his own interactions and at the same time is n... [tags: manager, company, ego]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- CarMax Website: Never would have thought Business objectives and KPIs The purpose of CarMax’s website is to assist their customers in every way possible. The website is set up to help customers easy find their next car, Location of stores, financing, how to sell ones car, and any other questions regarding vehicles. It is extremely organized site. CarMax is hopping to be the best users friendly website about new and used cars there is. CarMax understands that purchasing a new vehicle takes a lot of time and research.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Search engine optimization]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Working for a Company Like Semco Yes, IÂ’d like to work for a company like Semco. This firm is democratic, and modern. IÂ’ve never heard about such a company which exists in Poland or generally East Â– Europe. The biggest advantage of Semco is the way in which all workers as well as managers are treated. For example: no separate offices of managers or parking Â– spaces. I believe that very comfortable is that all people who work for Semco company are allowed to choose what time they begin and finish their jobs.... [tags: Papers]
2781 words (7.9 pages)