The cell phone was first introduced by the means of improving and simplifying communication. With this device, people could make a quick phone call or send text messages. After access to communication, a new type of cell phone was released called a “smart phone,” which gave a wide variety of entertainment including access to the internet, games, and different sorts of applications. A smart phone is what seems to be the most popular device that a person can own in modern day. Not only does almost every American own one, but they are more than likely addicted to it as well. In an article by Lauren D. Laporta, she states “Surveys indicate that more than 203 million Americans own a cell phone and as many as 30% say they cannot live without it (Laporta).” With access to the internet, teenagers usually spend their time on different kinds of social media. There are apps on these smart phones that allow a person to get on media such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Not only are people addicted to texting, but these social ...
... middle of paper ...
Pathak, Ankita. "10 Bad Effects of Cellphone on Health." List Dose. N.p., 1 Apr. 2014. Web. 10 Apr. 2014.
Rutgers University. "Danger of Cell Phone Use: While Walking Or Driving, Cell Phones Increase Traffic, Pedestrian Fatalities." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 8 March 2009.
Laporta, Laren D. "Cellular Telephones: A New Addiction?" Psychiatric Times. N.p., 1 Oct. 2006. Web. 23 Apr. 2014.
Neyfakh, Leon. "Texting and Driving: A Deadly Habit." The Week. N.p., 3 Nov. 2013. Web. 23 Apr. 2014.
Park, Jane Shin. "The Real Risks of Texting and Driving." Teenvogue Content. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2014.
Stewart, Erin. "Does Cell Phone Use Really Affect Our Communication Skills? - The Lance." The Lance. N.p., 25 Nov. 2013. Web. 22 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Technology of Cell Phone There is no doubt that mobile phone has become one of the most important part in people’s daily life. People use it to read the news, pay the bill, and share the interest… Every time when people talking about mobile phones, they hold different opinions, some of them think it’s really convenient to use cell phones, while others think it makes people separate from the real world. In fact, many people enjoy using their phone, but at the same time they are complaining that mobile phone have took their privacy and the freedom away.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- ... We have phone addicts who have to have their phone intheir hand. I am not only talking about teenagers there are grown adults who are cell phone obsessed. They spend thousands of dollars to have the greatest and the latest. Cell phones do have their pluses though. Before cell phones we couldn't find the weather for the week or who's posted on our Facebook from a train or grocery store. Now everywhere we go all in one device we can have a camera, social media sites, internet, phone and weather channel.... [tags: inventions that changed the world]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Cell Phone Technology The cell phone, in today’s world most people own one. Cell phones are extremely convenient. They (cell phones) allow us to communicate in multiple ways. You can text, email, call, video chat, use social media apps to stay in contact with anyone anywhere. Technology has made its way into every facet of our lives and helps to make life easier and more functional. For the most part, cellular technology has almost become an unconscious thing for us, something most of us take for granted.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Internet, Motorola]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- ... As a Facebook user for 5 years it is one of my primary forms of communication, whether that be public postings or it’s messenger. The line has begun to blur on how I have come to know these 655 friends. Though it has been a great tool to stay in contact with those I have long last seen, I know some of these people are acquaintances or I have not met in person at all. Yet through social media I know intimate details of their lives; children’s names, location, vacations, anniversary, etc. I would never know these things without social media.... [tags: Mobile phone, Communication, Facebook]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Raise your hand if you’re one of 44% of Americans that sleep next to their phones at every night. It’s true, so many of us are dependent on our mobile devices, that psychologists are now calling it the “Invisible Addiction”. Since its invention critics have debated every inch of the cell phone. From its usefulness and size, to its effects on health after prolonged usage. The conversation has since shifted. The cell phone market today is flooded with a plethora devices to choose from, sporting top of the line materials and industry leading software, but this just scratches the surface.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, Cellular network]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- The Cell Phone Invention We have all seen and used cell phones. However we have probably taken the technology for granted. The cellular telephone has evolved and improved a lot over the years. Before we get into the history let us first get the definition for 'cellular'. It's called cellular because the system uses many base stations to divide a service area into multiple 'cells' (1). Each base station consists of a tower and at the base is the equipment to send and receive signals. Now that it cleared up we will look back into the history.... [tags: Expository Essays Research Papers]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Cell Phone Technology Ring ring. All the people in a 20-foot-radius are thinking it is them that are ringing. Women search through their purses; men reach for their pockets to see if it is their cell phone that is ringing. The year is 2002, and it appears that almost everyone has a cellular telephone. Many believe that in today's society it is a necessity to own one and would be difficult to go a day without one. Are they really necessary. People survived just fine without them before their invention.... [tags: Technology Communication Phones Essays]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- Do Cell phone and computer make people 's lives more complicated. Introduction Section People would happy to see that they are live in the era of high technology. Because of newly developing technologies, people are able to do various things that they want to do which is more convenient and easy. For instance, we no longer have to walk a long distance to bug food and items for the living. People who live in the past would think that are magicians. However, even there have a much positive effect and different kinds of conveniences, we still need to admit that technologies might make our lives more complicated than before.... [tags: Mobile phone, Computer, Vacuum tube, Technology]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- ... But soon this became a curse we carried around in our pocket because we soon learned that the marvel business tool enslaved us to the business and our children by never allowing us the same privacies our parents had while shopping, attending school, attending our children’s events or that rare evening out all the while teaching our children the irreversible lesson of instant gratification. Being born in the 1980’s and 1990’s society has been accustom to that irrevocably remarkable phenomenon of instant gratification.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Since the Industrial Revolution of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, there have been many advances in technology. The invention of the telephone, the cell phone, and the computer have greatly increased society’s ability to communicate, and automobiles have enabled more efficient transportation. Television and the World Wide Web have provided entertainment for people of all ages. Technological inventions seem to have improved our way of life, but they have caused many side effects that have a negative impact on the world as well.... [tags: Technology ]
1649 words (4.7 pages)
- Blame Games: Does Violence in Video Games Influence Players to Commit Mass Shootings?
- A Woman in a Man's World: The Positive Effects Marilyn Monroe Had On Society
- How is Child Marriage in India Violating the Convention of Children Rights?
- Apples’ Current Position as a Socially Responsible Business
- The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley
- Government Responses and Expectations During the Influenza Pandemic of 1918-1919