Most people would agree that the world of technology expanded very much in recent years. More than less, technology always contributed to the development of society, education and in psychological research as well. New modern technology transforming research investigation gradually, helping to improve our understanding and allows us to gather the evidence in an effective way. Resent influence of technological advancement is wide ranging. From the most popular internet invention, through changes in young population and their communication habits to their sophisticated interaction with friend. More importantly new dimension and scientific contribution of the brain imagining technics is extraordinary invention. It is inevitable help in the development of psychological research. but not only that the Innovative technology enabled us to use new ways how to investigate the most important research what ever been carried out, the obedience study.
Groundbreaking research on the psychology of obedience studied human nature and influences under the orders of an authority (Banyard, 2012).The evidence from Milgram’s work has shown (cited in Banyard, 2012), that he looked at the extent to which people would give an electric shock to another person to such degree that they would kill that person. And just because they would say to do so and just because somebody in the smart grey coat said ‘You have no choice; you must go on’ (Banyard, 2012, p.73). The study was carried out in laboratory settings with a high level of control. Prior experiment, participants volunteered and had given consent to take part in. However, seemingly ideal study revealed a certain limitations such as lack of ecological validity and many ethical issues (Banyard, 2012). ...
... middle of paper ...
...ssist in recovery (cited in Toates, 2012, p.316). Although, technology plays part, it is well combined with other methods.
With a focus on technology and her decisive role in the development of psychological research, we can confirm that technological development can speed up changes in psychological research. The technology has provided the new opportunities for researchers to improve their old methods for study of obedience and successfully overcome many ethical issues. As well as monitoring all aspects of brain and how they are link to different issues and different problems. Yet, despite this contribution more research need to be done in connection with internet addiction and children’s interaction with their peers. There are no doubts that continuing growth in technology advancement will go along with further development of psychological research in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... So what was the world like before Chemistry you might ask yourself. Life before Chemistry was much more difficult. Ancient Civilizations did not know which chemicals to pair with what, leaving them with lives that were much more difficult than what was needed. After the discovery of Chemicals, and the use of science in everyday lives, the environments became more and more structured. Humans began to use this way of life and channel it into their own, from the mixture of certain chemicals to make pottery, to extracting medicine out of plants.... [tags: society, impact, technology]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Mobile Technology in the past 5 years has completely changed society. From changing the standard of a technology, a “laptop” into a new form called a “tablet”. To which these new forms, smartphones have enabled people in society to access more information about themselves and the world around them faster than ever before. Not only have that applications even have been introduced to the educational system, making teachings like handwriting the thing of the past. That is why applications like the Facebook, have been connecting millions per day through the basic online premise of interaction.... [tags: technology, labtop, tablet]
1388 words (4 pages)
- The Impact of Technology on The Society Each and everyday our lives are impacted throughout the technological advancements in our society. When people wake up, the first thing that they usually do is check their phone, or turn on their TV. It’s amazing how much technology we use all in one day. Major technological companies have caused this huge impact on us. If it wasn’t for these companies, then there wouldn’t be the necessities that we use today. People have always been around to start their own company, in all types of fields.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Apple Inc., Motorola]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- From the ancient times civilization kept evaluating, by discovering and exploring something new and, as a result, facing new hazards. Within the last few decades traditional society has moved to modern one. Within that period, huge progress towards modernity has been made and lots of innovations have been introduced to society, what have resulted in new dangers and risks. Nowadays, accurate calculation and consideration of risk-acceptance, risk-assessment and control cannot be fully complete because at any time there are unpredicted and undesired aspects of risk environments.... [tags: Sociology, Society, Risk, Risk perception]
1822 words (5.2 pages)
- Over the course of the next two essays, we will address the factors which made the advent of the telegraph in 1876 such a deciding influence on the future prospects of the technology industry as well as the growth of communication itself. We will also observe examples of just a few of the logistical, financial and distributional processes that go into the publication of a magazine designed for controlled circulation. Essay #1 Before the invention of the telegraph in 1844 by Samuel Morse and his colleagues, news and messages traveled at a much more laborious and protracted rate.... [tags: Technology ]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- As decades and centuries pass, technology evolves. Machines become more efficient, and communication between locations becomes easier. Due to this, the process of doing things changes. Especially with the advent of the Internet, it is important to understand and look deeper into the effects of technology on society, as it is “complexly woven into the circumstances and rhythms of social life” (Gasher, Skinner and Lorimer, 2012, p. 155). For this reason, there are various perspectives on technology.... [tags: Mobile phone, Technology, Philosophy of technology]
1712 words (4.9 pages)
- Technology Living with technology for about a decade, many question whether its improvements has affected society for better or worse. As technology improves over the years we are able to socialize more efficiently, improve medicine techniques, improve the quality of education, and simplify our private life including security. As a result of this change in the improvement technology it has significantly altered our status in society in a positive way due to society being more intertwined with technology we have the opportunity to improve our society now and the years to come.... [tags: Better, Improve, Education, Technology]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Over the course of time there have been millions of inventions if not more. However, few if any, have had more of an impact on the global society than the computer. It is hard to find any part of the civilized world where a computer somewhere does not have an effect on it at some point. Computing impacts how we learn, how we do business, how we receive the news, as well as, how we communicate with other people half way around the world. Computing really became prolific with the advent of the Internet.... [tags: Computer, Computing, Civilization, Server]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- As society has progressed, there have been many new innovative and unbelievable developments in almost all aspects of life that have ultimately created an impact. More specifically, advancements in technology have rather had a much larger and intense impact on society as it continues to grow. Technology has allowed for many great and useful applications that has made life much easier and convenient. However, many aspects of technology have given a rise to a number of social and ethical issues, causing numerous debates and concerns.... [tags: Identity theft, Theft, Biometrics]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- The Impact of Information Technology on Individuals, Society and Organizations Information systems and information technology are important in supporting, maintaining and enriching many aspects of livings. They bring benefits to lives of individuals, operations of business and the functioning of society but there are also drawbacks associated with technology and information system.... [tags: IT Technology ]
1188 words (3.4 pages)