I am Paola Sandoval a Cumberland County College student. My major is elementary/secondary education. I will be graduating December 2014, then continuing my journey to Rowan University. In Kindergarten, teachers at one point during the year asks, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” This question always sets a child’s mind to space and to look toward their future goals. It did for me, and first thing that came to my mind was to be a teacher when I grew up. I played “School” at home with my younger siblings, me as the teacher and them as the students. This served as an inspiration to what I would do in the future.
The wonder of trying to figure out what grade level fits for me or what subject to teach is always pondering in my head. I have come to the conclusion that I would love to get certified in K-5. Looking at that perspective, I see myself teaching kindergarteners or first graders. My strongest subject area has always been math. Fo...
... middle of paper ...
... student can focus his or her attention on learning. (Research in Higher Education Journal Pg.4) The need of a pencil is important in order to do your work. Well I thought it was pretty neat the idea of trading your old pencil for a new one. This small action created tremendous motivation for them to participate and get work done during class.
Teachers can emphasize learning goals and positive or empowering attributions. Students with learning goals see the purpose of school as gaining knowledge and competence; these students tend to have higher motivation to learn than do students whose performance goals are positive judgments and good grade. (Slavin Pg.310) Using special programs to help students improve and to point out how god they are doing is a plus in helping them succeed. A teacher 's expectation significantly affect student 's motivation and achievement.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Obtaining the characteristics of a master teacher may take a lot of time and effort, however, when one does become a master teacher, they will be able to help their students learn so much more. In this essay, there will be examples of master teachers, the answer to the question of why Christ is the true master teacher, and how I strive today to become a master teacher. In my life I have had many great teachers. We can learn from an article written by Elaine McEwan that there are 10 characteristics of a good teacher, including, mission-driven and passionate, positive and real, style, book learning, and instructional effectiveness.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- William Arthur Ward wrote: The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. (Koch, 2012) This powerful statement talks about the goodness of fit. This is the qualities of a person that makes them feel qualified to pursue a career in teaching. As a teacher I will be responsible for the next generation of the world so I must make sure that I possess the qualities that will inspire them. As an educator you must make sure that you are able to be a centered presence.... [tags: Education, Teacher]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- For some, “Teacher” is simply a title to describe the person who teaches vocabulary words, a math formula, or who takes students outside to play on the playground. To others, a teacher may just be the person to whom they send their child every day, as a “highly paid babysitter”. However, to me, the word “teacher” invokes a sense of pride that rises up inside of me. Teachers are professionals who take it upon themselves to make sure that students have the resources needed to lead a healthy life, to make sure children are educated in order to be able to be successful in their future, and to make learning fun and enticing for children in order for them to retain information.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Need, Want]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- The teacher plays a crucial role in education because they are the initiator, facilitator, and assessor. In a traditional sense a teacher is the alpha and beta of education, however, with new ways of thinking brought upon by different philosophers like Dewey and Freire, the beta of education lies in the hands of the student. Instead of education being based upon the teacher, there is shift in the process of education and a different understanding of how true learning takes place. The teacher acts more like a guide than a very strict dictator-type figure.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Learning, Pedagogy]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- The Spiritual Exercises: not only speak to the Jesuits but also to the religious of other congregations; not only to the religious but also to the laity; not only to Catholics but also to the Protestants. In other words, the Spiritual Exercises speak to all who believe in God and base their spirituality on the gospel message. First I will define what a spirituality of vocation is. Second I will explain what the Spiritual Exercises mean. Third I will try to show how the Spiritual Exercises are a representation of a universal call to the Christian gospel.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1900 words (5.4 pages)
- Vocation is a word that brings different feelings into my mind. When I was little I thought of it as something that “happens” to certain people. I thought it was a “called” that people hear one day as a mystical divine signal. For some reason vocation was only applied to certain careers, careers that involved a very specific talent and consequently involved only people who were chosen as it were an omen. Doctors had vocation, priests and nuns, missionaries, artist, intellectuals, scientists, politicians, but not regular people.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Debut albums, Feeling]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- In 2015, the median salary of a high school teacher was $57,200; meanwhile Lebron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers was paid $30,963,450 (Bls.gov, 2016; Espn.com, 2016). Quite a large disparity between an entertainer and for those that cultivate and magnify traits that are necessary to survive in this world. Albeit there are far fewer world-class athletes and celebrities than those in service industries. So, when looked at from an economic perspective this logic makes perfect sense; from an ethical standpoint this is another matter.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Certified teacher, School]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Generally, when a person decides to follow a profession such as teaching, there is usually a strong motivation behind that decision. This is not only a positive aspect but also a necessary feature in this particular profession. A teacher is more than a person who stands at the front of a classroom and divulges facts and figures, they are, and should be, one who inspires and nurtures curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge in their students. They often act as a role model, an inspiration, a guide, and many other things to learners of all ages throughout the world.... [tags: Education, Knowledge, Teacher, Teaching]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Many historians and famous authors, such as Mark Twain and Sigmund Freud, have trouble believing that William Shakespeare truly wrote the plays published in his name. As TIME writer Jumanna Farousky wrote, “Doubters started questioning the true identity of the writer in the late 19th century. Ever since then, the theory of an alternate author has flirted with the mainstream as some scholars and researchers have tried to get the broader academic community to treat the question as a legitimate debate”.... [tags: Sir Francis Bacon was the true creator]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- VOCATION Vocation in my own words is the path God has chosen for you too follow; it is what one is destined to be. There are many different types of vocation. Some people are destined to lead a life of dedication to God, others to be parents and some to be single have regular jobs. Vocation is not something that you are born knowing you have to look within yourself to find what God has created you to be. Finding your vocation is not an easy thing that why a lot of people end up in divorce, hating there job or depressed.... [tags: essays research papers]
378 words (1.1 pages)