Taylor’s psychological problem
Taylor is 25 years-old now, and has been in at least 10 relationships so far. When asked about her relationship patterns, Taylor Swift admits she loves without thinking things through, saying: "I don 't think there 's an option for me to fall in love slowly, or at medium speed.”( “Taylor Swift”,2012). It is always fast for her to enter a relationship, and also end a relationship. Most of her relationship length are between 1-3months. She also moved into next relationship quickly after break up. She dated one man in 2008, 3 men in 2009, 2 men in 2010, 1 man in 2011, 3 men in 2012, and is dating Calvin Harris now(“Taylor Swift 's Boyfriend Timeline: 10 Relationships & Their Songs”, 2014). It has been shown that she always focus on having a relationship. It seems if she is ...
... middle of paper ...
Schultz,d., & schultz, s (2013). Theories of personality tenth edition.belmont California: Wadsworth.
Taylor Swift Admits Her Issues With Love. (2012, November 11). Retrieved November 4, 2015, from http://perezhilton.com/2012-11-23-taylor-swift-admits-problems-in-love-life-relationships#.VjVcDFWrTIU
Taylor Swift 's Boyfriend Timeline. (2014, December 30). 10 Relationships & Their Songs.Retrieved November 4, 2015, from http://www.billboard.com/photos/1484087/taylor-swifts-boyfriend-timeline-10-relationships-their-songs/11
Garcia, J. L. (1995). Freud 's psychosexual stage conception: A developmental metaphor for counselors. Journal of Counseling and Development : JCD, 73(5), 498. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/219019690?accountid=39340
Wikipedia. (n.d.) retrieved November 4, 2015, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Genius of Taylor Swift Taylor Allison Swift was born December 13th, 1989 to proud parents Scott Swift and Andrea Swift in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania (Taylor Alison Swift). From a very young age Swift proved to be a talented young performer while performing at various fairs, exhibitions, and recitals. Her parents recognized her ambition and decided to move to Nashville, Tennessee in order to pursue her career as a country artist (Taylor Swift). After many trials she was finally signed to Big Machine Records in 2004 and became the youngest artist ever to sign with a Sony records label.... [tags: Taylor Swift, Fearless, Billboard 200]
1736 words (5 pages)
- While Taylor Swift is a role model for her fans, she also has women that she looks up to. “I surround myself with smart, beautiful, passionate, driven, ambitious women. Other women who are killing it should motivate you, thrill you, challenge you and inspire you.” Though she is inspired and moved by strong women around her, she also makes one thing very clear. “The only thing I compare myself to it me, two years ago, or me one year ago.” With her main role model being who she wants to be, she still looks to other women as examples (Dickey).... [tags: Woman, Feminism, Women's suffrage, Taylor Guitars]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Ever since I was in eighth grade, I have been obsessed with Taylor Swift. She has been my role model since I was thirteen. When you look at most singers today, they have to be singing about drugs or alcohol, using vulgar language, or performing half-dressed. You never see Taylor Swift doing anything that she would be ashamed of later in life. On the other hand, she has had many relationships that have lasted short time periods. At least, she is not getting married for 72 days or even 24 hours such Kim Kardashian or Britney Spears.... [tags: dress, relationship, singer, role model]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off”, the first single off of her sixth album 1989, debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in late August of 2014. Swift, whose start as a country-pop performer had thrust her in the limelight when she was sixteen, cemented her transformation from country sweetheart to pop superstar with the track and subsequent album. Dealing with the many criticisms she had faced over the years, particularly the sexist accusations that she was a serial dater and crazy girlfriend, the song’s universally-appealing message of resilience combined with its catchy and carefully crafted sound ensured its positive reception.... [tags: Rock music, Punk rock, Bass guitar]
1745 words (5 pages)
- All around the word there have been many cases of bullying, some that were prevented and some that ended in a tragedy such as death. The song “Mean,” by Taylor Swift is effective in using metaphor, similes, and symbolism to promote the prevention of bullying by letting everyone know to never let anyone push you around and to always stand up for your self. This song was written because, Taylor swift herself was bullied by Bob Lefsetz, a critic who heard her song, "did Taylor Swift kill her career overnight?…Taylor 's too young and dumb to understand the mistake she made.” This are the types of comments that can cause a person to feel worthless and untalented.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Verbal abuse]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- There’s Probably a Taylor Swift Song for This Alexa Matthews Scientists say that the brain chemistry of infatuation is akin to mental illness—which gives new meaning and understanding to the phrase ‘madly in love.’ I first met *Ben in second grade, which can be a seemingly non-momentous time in life. When you’re eight, romance is hardly the most prominent topic in mind (at least hopefully not), and so, although this would eventually be a meeting of enormous impact, I didn’t really it until many years later, as we so often don’t.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Romance]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- News has spread all over the world. The famous Mitsogo Gabon Manioc Stamper has gone missing from the Museum of Natural History in Gabon. The children in Gabon ask their parents, “What is happening to our country?” The parents have no idea what to say to their kids. “What will happen to our ancestors because of the missing artifact?” More children ask. The accident is a still a mystery too many people. There is said that there is a cash reward for people who know what happened. If anyone finds the artifact the reward is three million dollars.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
2184 words (6.2 pages)
- ... Focusing specifically on the relationship between the artists Taylor Swift and Beyoncé Knowles-Carter and their typically female followers, an obvious difference can be found between their respective attitudes towards the role of women. Taylor Swift uses her virginal, good, pure, patriarchy-friendly lyrics to disempower women. Swift, in the majority of her songs serves as nothing more than a beautiful, blameless victim. Within the few songs where other women are mentioned, they are generally slut-shamed or viewed as mere obstacles standing in between Swift and her soulmate.... [tags: workforce, independence, songs]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Taylor Swift’s Shake it off video contains elements of cultural appropriation that exhibit stereotypical tropes which have been used to define African American women and, in particular, their sexuality for years. The video perpetuates the negative stereotypes that have placed Black women on the opposite side of respect for centuries. The video involves White women twerking in a way that conforms to the male gaze, for profitable success. Twerking involves thrusting hip movements, low squatting stance, and shaking of the derriere.... [tags: Black people, White people, Race, South Africa]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- Today it is hard to imagine a female celebrity without seeing mental images of someone stumbling out of clubs, under the influence of drugs and alcohol, or exposing their skin. What has happened to the role models that were once defined by people like Audrey Hepburn, Mother Teresa and Eleanor Roosevelt. In between the chaotic mess of people like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan, and the Kardashians is an under-rated role model, Taylor Swift. Just at the age of twenty four, she holds the prestige of winning seven Grammy's becoming one of the greatest musical sensations.... [tags: role model, singer, music]
851 words (2.4 pages)