Born on the 24th of February, 1955, Jobs was born. Jobs biological parents were graduates of Wisconsin who could not afford a child at the time, so jobs was put up for adoption. Jobs got adopted by a new father which was a machinist who worked at a laser manufacturer called spectra physics and a new mother who worked as an accountant. Jobs was a frequent victim of bullying as a child, which prompted his parents to move homes from Mountain view, California to Palo Alto, California, which is now known as the Silicon valley. Jobs was even an intelligent young man, at the age of 8, jobs had tested well in formal schooling, teachers and faculty would often ask for permission if he could be moved up to high school level courses, but the parents refused to do so. Steve’s father would often work with his son on mechanical and electrical projects to help bring out steve’s interest in those specific areas. When Steve was in high school he had been assigned a project which would help him continue on his path of fame and fortune. He needed to design and build a mechanical machine. Prior to this project, Jobs would attend lectures and public meetings at the Hewlett-Packard headquarters, a electronics company also known as HP, which was not far from his home in Palo Alto. For the project, Jobs contacted the owner of HP asking for advice and resourc...
... middle of paper ...
...in Context. Web. 25 Nov. 2013.
"Personal Computers." UXL Encyclopedia of U.S. History. Sonia Benson, Daniel E. Brannen, Jr., and Rebecca Valentine. Vol. 6. Detroit: UXL, 2009. 1222-1228. Student Resources in Context. Web. 25 Nov. 2013
"Profile: Steve Jobs of Apple." NBC Nightly News [Transcript] 25 Aug. 2011. Student Resources in Context. Web. 26 Nov. 2013.
Roeper, Richard. "Steve Jobs' Impact Goes Far beyond Phones, Computers." Steve-Jobs'-impact-goes-far-beyond-phones,-computers. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2014.
"Steve Jobs Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout history, creative ideas and solutions have allowed humans to further enhance their ways of living. While some genius ideas allowed for destructive behavior like the creation of the gun, other ideas have improved the quality of life. Over time, sparks of greatness have been shown revolutionizing the world. As Henry Ford came up with a genius idea of a car over fifty years ago, today, the car is a popular everyday necessity for people to get around. A little bit later, further innovative ideas have led to the creation of the plane.... [tags: creativity, electronic devices, modern science]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Steve Jobs was a genius of the modern age, he gave us tools to change our lives and the way we communicate. Steven Paul Jobs was born February 24, 1955 and was adopted by Paul and Ciara Jobs a few weeks after his birth. The family moved to San Francisco to a town called Mountain View, California where Steve grew up and found his passion for computer electronics. He quickly teamed up with with his neighbor Steve Wozniak (Woz) and realized they both shared a interest in computers which developed into a partnership.... [tags: Technological Advancements, Transformational]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging It would be unjust to write an essay about innovations in food packaging and not mention modified atmosphere packaging (MAP). This is because modified atmosphere packaging has slotted itself into playing an integral part of the food industry (Han, 2005). The main objectives of MAP are to extend the shelf life of the food and in turn prevent any adverse changes in the safety, sensory, and nutritive characteristics of foods. MAP completes these purposes by following three simple principles: 1. It reduces undesirable physiological, chemical/biochemical, and physical changes in foods, 2. It controls microbial growth and, 3. It prevents product contamination.... [tags: innovative prevention of food deterioration]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Steve Paul Jobs was born in San Francisco, California on February 24th born to Joanne Schieble, and Abdulfattah Jandali. Both of them were graduates of the University of Wisconsin. Unfortunately, they gave the unnamed (Steve) son up for adoption. His father, Abdulfattah Jandali, was a Syrian political science professor and his mother, Jonne Schieble worked as a speech therapist. Later after they gave Steve up for adoption the married couple had another child, Mona Simpson. It was not until Steve was 27 years old.... [tags: apple company, ibm, steve wozniak, apple 2]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Apple co-founder and CEO, Steve Jobs, can be portrayed as one of the greatest innovators and ambitious businessmen of the 21 century. The purpose of this essay is to explain how Steve Jobs’ ingenuity and driven nature personifies a visionary leader responsible for reinvigorating the entertainment and technology industry. I will also expound upon the events in his life which lead him to make unethical decisions based upon his personal principles. Finally, I will talk about how his visionary leadership, his unfavorable and at times unethical behavior drove his employees to work even harder.... [tags: technology industry, apple, steve jobs]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Steve Jobs: Genius Innovation is the main driver behind everything in life, we all look forward to the next big product, or technological advancement. Yet it remains one of the most challenging things to naturally do, because it is impossible to simply predict the future. One of Steve Jobs greatest traits was his ability to see where the world was headed in terms of technology, and then take action on that vision. Steve left a mark on the world with the different products that he brought to the marketplace.... [tags: milestone personalities in technology & leadership]
3137 words (9 pages)
- Steve Jobs Steve Jobs born on February 24, 1995 in San Francisco, California. Both his parents Abdulfattah “John” Jandali & Joanne Simpson were two graduates from University of Wisconsin. His father Abdulfattah Jandali worked as a Syrian political science professor and his mother, Joanne Simpson, worked as a speech therapist. Although Jobs parents were both graduate students and highly agile people, there decision did not show any wisdom. Steve Jobs was the result from an unwanted pregnancy. When Joanne Simpson, became pregnant her father and mother oppose her to marry Jandali since he was Syrian.... [tags: Writing Programs, Innovative Thinkers]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- ... “The Macintosh set the standard for ease of use, or user-friendliness, in PCs” (Jobs). Job’s leadership style was bizarre, even autocratic. He was extremely detail oriented and had a meticulous eye for such. As such, he surrounded himself like-minded individuals who would follow his lead. Jobs was extremely demanding of his workers and was not much of a delegator. He involved or inserted himself in every project possible, and every detail of the design of each project. Because of intense competition and internal dissention, Jobs was forced to leave his company in 1985.... [tags: visionary genius, apple, iphone]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- “Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do (Moncur 1).” This statement by Steve Jobs is what I believe drove him to his success.... [tags: technology, ibm, macintosh]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Steve Jobs Born 1955 Los Altos CA; Evangelic bad boy who, with Steve Wozniak, co-founded Apple Computer Corporation and became a multimillionaire before the age of 30. Subsequently started the NeXT Corporation to provide an educational system at a reasonable price, but found that software was a better seller than hardware. Steven Paul, was an orphan adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs of Mountain View, California in February 1955. Jobs was not happy at school in Mountain View so the family moved to Los Altos, California, where Steven attended Homestead High School.... [tags: essays research papers]
1751 words (5 pages)