Whole Foods has several FaceBook pages depending on the store however they do have a corporate page where they clearly state their cores values. These mainly encompass a well being for the community while spreading the knowledge of healthy living as well as their commitment to high quality and organic foods. They have over 1 million likes and share content from their Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram on FaceBook. The FaceBook content mostly has recipes and pictures that buying a certain product will help fund a good cause. Whole Foods has several CSR initiatives to fight poverty inside and outside the US while also giving micro loans to farmers in need. I viewed several other local FaceBook pages of theirs to get a feel for the overall message. The local pages include specials, cooking classes, pictures, and of course they continue to be very engaging of the audience; overall the message remains consistent throughout the different pages.
Whole Foods also has several twitter outlets their main page has 3.6 million followers. The Twitter page contains very similar content to that of FaceBook; it seems as if they use an automated system s...
... middle of paper ...
...word of mouth marketing.
2012 Annual Report. (n.d.). Whole Foods Market. Retrieved February 25, 2014, from https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/sites/default/files/media/Global/Company%20Info/PDFs/2012-WFM_Annual_Report.pdf
Gaar, B. (2013, December 21). Whole Foods chain is growing, but facing increasing competition. The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved February 25, 2014, from http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2013/12/21/healthy-but----.html
Lewis, J. (2014, February 20). The real reason everybody steals from Whole Foods. The GW Hatchet. Retrieved February 25, 2014, from http://www.gwhatchet.com/2014/02/20/jonah-lewis-the-real-reason-everybody-steals-from-whole-foods/
Paul, P. (n.d.). Whole Foods. America's Healthiest Grocery Stores. Retrieved February 25, 2014, from http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20307195_2,00.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Importance of Market Research: Whole Foods Marketing research is invaluable to an organization. The information that is gathered from marketing research allows the management team to make educated decisions. Market research tools are chosen for various reasons, it may be a financially feasible choice for the organization or the organization may be graced with the capability to use many different tools. This paper discusses market research and lists a few tools used by one of the world's largest retailers of natural and organic foods, Whole Foods.... [tags: Marketing ]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- ... This idea brought attention to what people are consuming daily. Second merger happened one year after Wellspring Grocery’s success. Bread and Circus, a company that used to sell natural food and wooden toys, valued costumer’s opinion. Costumers were happy to shop in Bread and Circus. Its expeditiously expansion caught Whole Foods Market’s attention. In order to stable its market not only in Taxes, it decided to purchase Bread and Circus. Last, Mrs. Gooch’s, a grocery store that targeted on allergic reaction are famous on the west coast.... [tags: Malcom Gladwell's analysis]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Social Media or Social Strain. A family sits around their dining room table on your average Thursday evening, sharing a meal together. But as you look more closely, the family is not sharing with each other, but instead sharing on their devices. The hard-working, bread-winning father has his laptop out, conferencing with some co-workers in an effort to finish his work that is due the next morning. His son is typing away on his smart phone, texting his friends about how boring his life is, while his sister chats on the phone with her boyfriend.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Question]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Marketing and Operations Functions Name Institution Introduction Various organizations have different functions that interrelate to enhance productivity and performance (Bell, 2013). These functions are integrated to give the organizations a competitive advantage and emerge stronger in their domains. These functions include marketing, operations, finance and human resource functions. The interaction between these functions enables organizations and firms to work towards achieving the fundamental goals of the organization.... [tags: Marketing, Organic food, Whole Foods Market]
3088 words (8.8 pages)
- Case 7-2 Social Media and Activism: Anyone Can Now Easily Play Situation analysis: Change.org was launched in 2007 as a free website that anyone can join and voice their views. It was started by Ben Rattray a Stanford graduate, he created this website as a groundswell of opinion without leaving the house when he saw the power of petitions being available on the internet. In 2011 - Molly Katchpole, a 22 year old college graduate, was incensed that Bank of America was going to charge its customers $5 a month to use the bank’s debit card.... [tags: Public relations, Mass media, Propaganda]
1035 words (3 pages)
- In today's society, the aspect of media has fueled itself to a point where the very concept of media has become ingrained within the fundamental nature of our culture. And has made it impossible for all three of these - Society, Media and Culture - to exist without one another. This essay will seek to provide justification for this statement. It will delve into the concepts of Media, Society and Culture, showing how these concepts give rise to each other and cohesively exist to fuel one another's continuity.... [tags: marxist approach, mass media, communication]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- Shopping for groceries can be unhealthy, overwhelming, time consuming and expensive if one does not have a plan or a budget. Shopping at WholeFood can solve most of your grocery needs all under one roof. WholeFoods is a nationwide chain of supermarkets that is committed to keeping a list of 100 most dangerous chemicals/pesticides from its produce and ingredients within the stores. The company searches locally, as well as, globally for the finest, purest, freshest and healthiest products.... [tags: whole foods, supermarket, organic products]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Whole food has a track record of organic and natural food dating back to John Mackey’s college drop-out days which resulted in him getting employment at a natural food store. Renee Harding his girlfriend was attracted to the healthy food idea which led them to join hands in opening a restaurant called Safe Way including a health food store. Although they experienced financial difficulties, Mackey’s father invested $25, 000 which resulted in him urging organic local grocery owners to join. The strategy was a huge success which led to the first opening in 1980 of a Whole Food Market and turned out to be a success.... [tags: Organic food, Whole Foods Market, Whole foods]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Food in New Media Since the birth of social media, and as it increasingly becomes woven into the fabric of our daily lives, one question is continuously raised: Is social media helping or hurting us. Everyone is familiar with debates about new media’s effects on our reading, writing, attention span, communication skills, etc. Some argue that social media is ruining us while others embrace the new technology and choose to look at the positive change that it has brought about. An aspect of our lives that we don’t tend to discuss so often, though it is an integral part, is our relationship with food.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Eating, Health]
2217 words (6.3 pages)
- The close links between Business Strategic goals and Human Resource Management in Maple Leaf Foods Inc., Canada Company background Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is well known as a leading packaged food provider in Canada with over 100 years sustainable working. Its head quarter is in Toronto, but it operates across the North of America, the United Kingdom, Mexico and Asia, as well. Since its foundation, this company has expanded primarily by merger and acquisition activities. It owned 90 percent of Canada Bread Company, Limited, found in 1911.... [tags: Maple Leaf Foods Inc]
1852 words (5.3 pages)