According to Rinkesh, a clean and green activist, the use of renewable energy sources would reduce the use of fossil fuel, yet it remains to be seen that the use of fossil fuel will continue until it’s realized that things need to change. The government needs to focus on why the United States should increase the use of alternative sources of energy. The United States now imports as much as 60% of its oil according to the Energy Information Administration in a 2014 release. With the rising cost of importing the oil the United States uses; it’s predicted that within 20 years the United States may be importing 80% to 90% of the oil it uses. As the cost of energy becomes more and more expensive the need for renewable energy sources has become more and more vital (Knopper, L. D. 2014). The use of fossil fuel is the main source of carbon dioxide in the air, causing global warming and climate change. Technologies and research are to provide the United States with the energy that will be needed for future generations; these alternatives are biomass, wind power, solar energy, ethanol, methanol and vegetable oil. Reducing the use and the cost of fossil fuel, which sooner or later will run out or be too expensive, the technologies are there to supply the United States and other countries to use alternative energy sources.
Exploring these resources that benefit the environment with few risks and with economical cost, this one article focusses on...
... middle of paper ...
... for each turbine, according to the DOE (Department of Energy). The wind industry placing of turbine depends on which way the wind blows, zoning laws, the way your land lies, what are you using them for and your neighbors. I think if farmers look into wind farming more and do some research and visit a wind farm, discuss the pros and cons their opinion may change, if the investments were profitable then checking on them may be a good idea. The point is that the use of alternative renewable energy sources, no matter which source you choose, the fact that you choose it is what is important. All of us need to make choices on what’s best for our environment. The time will come when we can no longer use fossil fuel not just because of the expense but because our health and the environment demand it. We have to change; beginning with us it’s our decision to help ourselves.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Primary sources are materials that come directly from the person or event of record. Such sources could include journals, documents, letter, diaries, memoirs or artifacts. Teaching is made easier with primary sources because students are able to relate to the topic through original visual and audio cues. Primary sources are used to teach virtually any subject from history to science, and even mathematics. It is simple to find and use primary sources online. Many universities, museums and government agencies have digital databases that can be accessed for educational purposes.... [tags: Education, teachers]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- Crime Data Sources in the United States: The collection of crime data in the United States is carried out through different approaches including Uniform Crime Reports and the National Incident-Based Reporting System, which also act as the two primary sources of crime data for crime reporting. The data obtained from these sources are used for research and documentation of crime status at the county, state, and national levels. Notably, the National Incident-Based Reporting System emerged as an advancement of the conventional summary of Uniform Crime Reports that were used to track crime in the country.... [tags: victim, police, offenses]
3334 words (9.5 pages)
- According to Oxford Dictionaries, an X-ray, also known as a type of radiation is defined as an electromagnetic wave of high energy and very short wavelength (between ultraviolet light and gamma rays), which is able to pass through many materials opaque to light and being absorbed to different degrees by different materials. In medicine, an X-ray is produced by the deceleration of charged particles, especially electrons, or by electron transitions in atoms. An X-ray machine sends these particles through the body.... [tags: Use of X-rays]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- The legalization of marijuana is a very controversial issue that is being debated across the United States. In the article "Going to Pot?," by Damon Linker, Linker attempts to persuade readers that legalizing of marijuana can cause more harm than help. This publication was released in November of 2001. Although two other writers, Richard Lowry and Andrew Sullivan, try to change readers beliefs Linker maintains his stance against marijuana. Without discrediting their facts he explains and defends why he feels they are wrong.... [tags: cannabis should not be legal]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Imagine awaking in the morning, going downstairs and preparing the morning meal. While enjoying the sunshine through the kitchen window along with a chai tea latte, the news on the television suddenly changes from the mundane to chaotic confusion, disaster has struck. The implausible has just happened and the nation is in chaos. This disaster could happen at any moment and at any point across the globe. If the only method of prevention to this traumatic event is by the skilled technique of information extraction known as torture, would it not be the government’s obligation to the people to ensure this method of prevention was exercised.... [tags: interrogation, torture, ememy, disaster]
1805 words (5.2 pages)
- Our country is currently suffering energy-wise, we have been powering with inefficient sources for years now and the harm that it is doing to the country has started to become apparent. Renewable energy is the only way to stop, or at the very least set back the inevitable downfall of our ecosystem. I think that the next big breakthrough for renewable energy is implementing off-grid communities that use renewable sources as their main sources of power, so that we can potentially escape the energy rut that we got ourselves stuck in.... [tags: Renewable energy, Wind power]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Earth’s resources, for instance water, productive farming land and energy, outlines the basic foundations of our continued existence on earth. However, with the continued human activities, for example logging and charcoal burning, these resources are quickly being depleted. Human inhabitation and increased consumption of the natural resources is resulting in untold destruction. The climate change being experienced globally, the rapidly depleting freshwater catchments, the dwindling forest cover, the ever reducing fish ‘stash’ in our seas and oceans and farmland dereliction are some of the effects resulting from human occupation and activities.... [tags: Climate, Resources, Earth ]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Athletic competition has been part of society since the early beginnings of man. Gladiators, wrestlers, and sprinters are some the early types of athletes that competed. Mankind seems to have been born with a desire to compete; every man feels the need to have dominance over another man. These facts are even apparent in today's society. Now there are all kinds of sports to choose from, and many of these sports are played at a professional level. These sporting events give individuals that chance to be the better of another person, just as the earlier ones did.... [tags: Anabolic Steroids Use by Athletes]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- Alternative Energy Sources “In United States around half of million deaths each year are attributed to air pollution. It is estimated that air pollution each day kills three people in the city of Hong Kong. Air pollution also contributes to soil and water pollution. More than 15,000 people in the world die each day because of water pollution” (pollutionfacts.com). With these statistics, it is no wonder people are coming up with alternative energy sources. From energy to gasoline, there are many different ways to reduce these statistics.... [tags: Energy ]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Alternative Sources of Fuel and Energy Energy is the foundation of industrialized world; without energy, life as we know it would cease to exist. The yearly energy and fuel consumption rates have risen dramatically within the last years. This phenomenon is a direct result of globalization pressures, the international information network we call the Internet, and a population that seems to be hitting the dangerous upswing of the Malthusian curve. Although there is not yet a current shortage of conventional fuels, such as reserves of coal, oil and other fossil fuels are limited and non-renewable.... [tags: Papers Environment Essays]
3156 words (9 pages)
- The Death Penalty Is Cruel And Unusual Punishment
- Black Nationalism And The Civil Rights Movement
- Safety And Efficacy Of A Novel Silver Impregnated Urinary Catheter System For Preventing Catheter Associated Bacteriuria
- The Roaring 20 's And The Jazz Age
- A Short Note On Psy 252 And Mental Development
- Ancient Civilizations Of Egypt And Mesopotamia