Risk Assessment - Nick
As part of the audit, we are required to perform risk assessment procedures. The risk assessment procedures are used to help gain an understanding of the entity, its environment, and its internal control. Through this understanding we can better assess the risks of material misstatement whether due to error or fraud. While risk assessment procedures alone are not sufficient evidence to support an audit opinion, they aid in determining the nature, extent, and timing of the audit procedures to be performed.
The risk assessment procedures to be performed are as follows:
· Obtain an understanding of the Company, its environment, and its internal control over financial reporting.
· Perform analytical procedures.
· Inquire of the audit committee, management, and others in the Company about the risks of material misstatement.
· Consider information relevant to identifying risks of material misstatement from the client acceptance and retention evaluation, audit planning activities, past audits, and other engagements performed by the Company.
· Conduct a meeting with engagement team members to discuss the risks of material misstatement.
Through these risk assessment procedures, we will assess the risks of material misstatement at the financial statement level as well as the relevant assertion level and to identify any significant risks.
Areas Identified with Significant Risks to Be Discussed:
· Income Tax
· Stock Based Compensation
Use of Internal Audit - Laura
As we conduct our integrated audit, we may consult with the Company’s internal audit function to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of th...
... middle of paper ...
...simplifying the accounting. Each tax jurisdiction will now have only one net noncurrent asset or liability, but will still be prohibited from offsetting deferred tax liabilities from one jurisdiction with deferred tax assets from another jurisdiction. The Company should be aware that the change to noncurrent classification may have a significant impact on working capital.
Available-for-Sale Securities: On January 5, 2016, the FASB issued Accounting Standards Update 2016 -01 concerning financial instruments. As a result of this standard, there will no longer be an available-for-sale classification. Changes in fair values for equity securities will no longer be reported in other comprehensive income. Instead, these changes will run through the income statement. These amendments will be in effect for public entities for fiscal years beginning after December 15, 2017.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 5. Improve IT Governance. 'IT Governance is the obligation of officials and top managerial staff, and comprises of the authority, hierarchical structures and procedures that guarantee that the venture 's IT maintains and expands the association 's methodologies and goals. ' The initiative, authoritative structures and procedures alluded to in the definition all point to IT examiners as key players. Key to IT evaluating and to general IT governance is an in number comprehension of the worth, dangers and controls around an association 's innovation surroundings.... [tags: Auditing, Audit, Financial audit]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- The reason as to why the occurrence of a breach does not constitute a breakdown in audit quality is because the audit cannot 100% prevent a breach from a occurring but it can reduce the risk of it happening by conducting an audit and assessing the key areas that are vulnerable for a hacker to penetrate through the security controls placed. For example, the first step in the audit process is to plan which is called the planning phase where by developing the scope and objectives, preliminary review and risk analysis, assessing resources and designing the audit procedures.... [tags: Auditing, Internal control, Audit]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- In this case an audit firm Cardinal & Coyote LLP is confronted with a decision if they should accept n a new audit client Jost Furniture International. Sharon Rules, the managing partner of the audit firm, had been approached by Jerry Jost, the CEO of Jost Furniture, and requested the audit firm to formulate a bid for the 2010-year-end audit. Rules delegated the task to Yancy Corliss, who is a new partner in the firm. Corliss asked Lanny Beaudean to lead his team in this project. Beaudean had recently obtained his CPA license and quickly advanced to audit senior at the firm after only a few years.... [tags: Audit, Auditing, Auditor's report]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- ... (Public company accounting sighting overview, 2013). Inputs: They are categorized at engagement, firm and national level with the audit firm’s culture (values, ethics and attitudes), the time, knowledge and skill brought to the audit and the effectiveness of the audit’s processes and quality control procedures. Engagement level: The engagement team is independent and exhibits professional competence, due care and skepticism. The engagement team is aware that the audit is performed in public interest and they need to comply with the standards and ethical requirements.... [tags: audit committee, auditor´s opinion]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- 1) According to the article authored by Mark Rupert, what are the seven best practices in the roles and responsibilities of an internal audit function. a. The seven best practices in the roles and responsibilities of an internal audit function include: i. Perform a risk assessment and determine the level of risk ii. Understand laws and regulations iii. Obtain and/or establish policies for specific issues and areas iv. Educate on the policies and procedures and communicate awareness v. Monitor compliance with laws, regulations, and policies vi. Audit the highest risk areas vii. Re-educate staff on regulations and issues identified in the audit 2) Describe some general differences betw... [tags: Auditing, Audit, Internal control, Internal audit]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- Information Technology Audit Team Creation The creation of a team to perform the effective auditing of an Information Technology (IT) organization is a daunting task. Some of the key elements that should be considered while creating an IT audit team are highlighted in this critical thinking report, such as what should be the primary focus of the team, what are the key positions, the skill-sets needed for each member of the team, outside assistance or co-sourcing should be considered or not, and determining the value of the audit pertaining to the entire organization.... [tags: Auditing, Financial audit, Internal control]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
Auditing, Analytical Tools For The Assessment Of Risk Associated With The Overall Health Of The Company
- Auditing Analytics In auditing, analytical tools assist in the assessment of risk associated with the overall health of the company, as well as material misstatements (Cao et al., 2015, p. 424). Access to more data elements is changing the approach to auditing tasks. The time to gather and analyze data is minimized, and more granular information is accessible. Correlating relevant information is useful in testing for abnormalities and inconsistencies. This goes well beyond searching for duplicate entries, and sample auditing of transactions.... [tags: Financial audit, Audit, Auditing]
1057 words (3 pages)
- We have conducted an audit of the Network Security Audit. This audit was conducted under the authority of Article VII, Section 5 of the Garland City Charter and in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan approved by the Garland City Council. Objective The objective of this audit is to: A. Provide management with an independent assessment relating to the effectiveness of physical controls in place to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive material. B. Provide management with an evaluation of the IT’s administrative controls that sets tone of an organization, influencing the controls consciousness of its people.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- The Collapse of HIH - Solvency and Audit Risk Following the collapse of HIH, considerable debate, comment and speculation have arisen regarding whether and at what point HIH became insolvent. When a company is close to insolvency, the risk associated with auditing that company is considerably higher than for one that is solvent. This report investigates methods of determining insolvency, the roles of directors and auditors, and the level of audit risk associated with HIH prior to its collapse. There is general agreement that the concept of solvency relates to having the capacity to meet debts as they fall due.... [tags: Accounting Finance Regulation]
1405 words (4 pages)
- An abundance of information security and risk management theories are prevalent; however, it can be difficult to identify valid and applicable theories. In the reading to follow, several information security and risk management theories are evaluated. These theories are presented and employed via various frameworks, models, and best practice guidelines. An assessment of sufficient research pertaining to these theories is addressed, along with a consideration of the challenges that arise from a lack of research.... [tags: it security, risk management, nist]
1902 words (5.4 pages)