I could not find anything about rape prevention in bullhead city. But I found the CDC 's Rape Prevention Program(CDC,2014). It is a program where people get educated about rape. There is some disturbing evidence 1 in 2 women have been sexually assaulted and 1 in 71 men have been raped(CDC,2014). For men it could be more, but men chose not to come forward because they feel ashamed. Men feel ashamed because society says that men cannot be raped.
CDC calls their rape prevention group the RPE program(CDC,2014). RPE stands for rape prevent program it is a program by the CDC that funds a rape prevention program(CDC,2014). The RPE program is used to educate people on rape and to help prevent rape. Where areas you cannot totally prevent rape you can educate about it(CDC,2014).
The Rape Prevention Program is interested in teaching the young the difference between a healthy relationship and a bad relationship(CDC,2014). This is a good thing because most rapes do occur in a relationship. The Rape Prevention Program also has community meetings and hotlines for people who have been raped or been traumatized other ways sexually to call them(CDC,2014).
The CDC says that people are usually sexually assaulted before the age of 25(CDC,2014). The Rape Prevention Program has been set up to stop this from happening. The RPE feels if people are better educated about...
... middle of paper ...
...obably already in a fragile state if the victim gets blamed it can cause a rapist to go free because the victim could drop the case, not feel like testifying or commit suicide(Nemeth,2012).
In conclusion rape is not an easy thing to talk about. It is a hard thing to talk about and a sexual assault can ruin someones life in an instant. It is good that it is being seen for the life changer it is and things are being done about it. There are websites on how to prevent it. There are hotlines on how to get help. Even though in honest opinion rape prevention programs sound like victim blaming. It is helping us deal with a problem that has plagued the justice system forever. Rape or sexual assault depending on where it is classified in your state is never okay. Even common law recognized it as one of those things that is bad that really goes without saying (Nemeth,2012).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Rape and domestic Violence had always been around for thousands of years, even today, thousands of people still endure the pain and suffering comes from the rape and domestic violence. So many people doesn’t know how to get help or so embarrassed to be seen as weak, or perhaps fearful that no one would believe them and stuck with their partner because they loved them. Now, men and women showed behaviors of rape and thoughts of them too. Men in college tend to rape women that were drugged by Date Drug or drunk at a party.... [tags: Suffering, Abuse, Rape, Violence]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Ensure leaders understand their roles and responsibilities regarding response to sexual assault victims, thoroughly investigate allegations of sexual assault, and take appropriate administrative and disciplinary action (AR600-20) The Army intends to accomplish these goals by providing professional development, training requirements and by assigning personnel into key management additional duty positions. Although, I have fortunately never had to enlist the services of this program, I have received extensive annual training regarding its matters.... [tags: Rape, Sexual assault, Military]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Acquaintance rape was not recognized as a legal crime until the 1980s and this is extremely ironic because this form of rape is prominent on college campuses across the nation. Young women being snatched away in the dark or drugged by strangers are not uncommon, but are least likely during these times. Statistics on sexual assault prove that 9 out of 10 women are taken advantage of by men they already know on college campuses. (National Sexual Violence Resource Center) Because of these facts, the focus is being placed into the protection of women because the probability of a woman being raped on campus is higher than that of a male, but it is obvious that the blame for these crimes are s... [tags: Rape, Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- An Assessment of College Students’ Attitudes and Empathy Toward Rape Methods: The study is a descriptive cross-sectional survey implemented to assess students' attitudes toward rape and empathy toward survivors of rape. A pilot study using 30 college students with a two-week interval was used to establish reliability of the ATR and RES. Subject's birth day, month, and first three digits of their phone numbers were used as identifiers for the retest portion of the pilot study. A two-tailed t test was performed comparing test scores across the 2-week interval.... [tags: Rape Journals Case Studies Essays]
3845 words (11 pages)
- Date rape is a type of sexual assault that is defined as forcible sexual intercourse by a male friend of a woman on a voluntary social engagement. However, the woman did not intend to consent to the sexual advances by the male and resisted these acts by verbal refusals and physical resistance. One in every four women will be the victim of a sexual assault during the duration of their college enrollment. Unfortunately, for the most part women do not have any control over these situations because many of them are not educated on this topic.... [tags: Rape, Sexual assault, Sexual intercourse]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- What Is a Rape Crisis Center Rape Crisis Centers are around to provide comprehensive services to victims of sexual assault and their families, and to conduct sexual assault prevention and education programs for everyone (About, n.d.). Background/History Rape crisis centers come into play around the early 1970s. The rape crisis movement as well as the feminist movement played a large role on the rape crisis center coming into play. These centers have helped so many people since they have opened before they were open husbands were able to sexual assault their wives with no consequences.... [tags: Comprehensive Services, Sexual Assault]
1991 words (5.7 pages)
- Have you ever wondered why teenage pregnancy is one of the biggest issues in the nation or why so many teens are having babies before they reach eighteen. Could it be the lack of parenting that goes on in their household or Are they being influenced to have sex at a young age. Statistics say one out of four girls will most likely become pregnant before they reach twenty, and about one out of five teen mothers will have another child during their teenage years. “Although the teenage birth rate in Oklahoma has declined slightly, the state has the second-highest rate of births among fifteen-to-nineteen- year olds in the country, according to a report released Friday”(Muchmore).... [tags: Adolescence, Teenage pregnancy, Pregnancy]
1943 words (5.6 pages)
- Dating violence has been around for many years, but rarely spoken about in terms of prevention. However, over time it has become an important topic not only for adults but for youths due to the increase of incidents. Prevention programs have been enacted to engage youth in learning how to identify and react properly to such occurrences. Schools have begun to teach their educators how to identify the signs of abuse and to provide the necessary tools for students to leave unhealthy relationships. However, it does not end there as many communities are now becoming involved in programs that promote healthy relationships through peer groups and social media.... [tags: dating, physical violence, prevention programs]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention The purpose of this literature review is to evaluate the information that has been collected in the area of child sexual abuse prevention. From the research studies critically examined, a decision will be made as to what areas improvements need to be made in, in order to adequately outfit children, teachers and child care workers with the skills and knowledge to help prevent child sexual abuse. An exploratory study entitled “Child Sexual Abuse Prevention” was conducted by Michele Elliott of Kidscape Charity for Children’s Safety, London England and also by Kevin Browne and Jennifer Kilcoyne of the School of Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham England... [tags: Papers]
2002 words (5.7 pages)
- The basis of our justice system has learned to treat criminals with punishing sentences to jail. The problem is, our jails are beyond their intended capacity. This has forced our way of justice to shift from jail sentencing to more ‘help’ type programs. This has paved the road for Anti-crime legislation and other ‘help’ programs. These programs were created for people with a wide variety of problems. However, I am going to concentrate on sex crimes and violent crimes programs and laws. A sex crime program that attacks the core of child pornography is the programs ACPO (Anti-Child Pornography Organization).... [tags: essays research papers]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- The Process Of Achieving Effective Participation
- Workplace Diversity, Essential, And Diversity
- The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Analysis Of Leila Abouzeid And The Joy Luck Club
- State Building Endeavors : A Successful, It Is Important For International Cooperation At All Levels
- Analysis Of Plath 's ' The Bell Jar '