Two years ago in summer 2011 I was at Myötätuulirock with my friends listening to awesome bands, whilst really only knowing a few of them. It had been a fantastic day there, sun shining very bright coupled with awesome music, surely one of best days in my life. So there we were, waiting for the last band to play for the day, our favorite band of the time Ensiferum, but before that there were quite many bands that we had never heard of and one of them was Protest The Hero. They played quite fast tempo complex progressive metal that I instantly fell in love with and live performance! Even though my friends did not like the band's music at all just because of the singer has so broad vocal range which is in my opinion one of the best things they have in the band! It fits the band so perfectly while bringing so much personality and character to the band that Protest The Hero would be just another progressive metal band without their stunning vocalist, Rody Walker. I need to give credit to the other guys in the band of course too, they are all the masters of their instruments for sure! Luke Hoskin does the lead guitar for the band while Tim Millar does rhythm, they both play fantastic and come with the best melodies and riffs that I've heard and played! Bassist Arif Miradbolbaghi is surely on his own class to keep up with the complexity of the songs and Moe Carlson did write and play perfect drums for the songs, even though he moved onto studying in 2013 while Mike Ieradi taking his place in the band. After the summer 2011 I've been listening to Protest The Hero pretty much nonstop, their music just keep getting better and better the more you listen to it because the music after all i...
... middle of paper ...
...g that they wouldn't be anything without their fans with lyrics like "We are nothing without the thousands of voices that make the choir." on the song Animal Bones.
Personal rating for Volition: 10/10
Protest The Hero is a successful Canadian progressive metal band that is known for their incrediable musical talent, energic music and stage performance, beautiful guitar work and even more impressive vocal's with very well fitting bass playing and drumming. They have released four studio album's so far that each are very different. Protest the hero has been my favourite band since i saw them performing in Myötätuulirock 2011 that i think have been their only show in Finland, and i've been hoping for them to come back to Finland but no luck so far.
Wikipedia.com, urbandictionary.com, vagrant.com, interviews
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is a small line in the comparison of a hero and a villain in some scenarios. Individuals who save lives are easily compared to heroes. Professionals or individuals who receive praise for other than saving lives or believed to be serving justice can be defined as villains or heroes. Numerous organizations around the world can be viewed as either villains or heroes. At this time the local law enforcement agencies of the United States are debated as either depending on personal viewpoints. One that stretches to heights beyond comprehension of most United States citizens would be the argument of Al Qaeda or the Taliban being along the lines of Heroes.... [tags: Al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, September 11 attacks]
1048 words (3 pages)
- When the word "hero" is spoken, everyone has different thoughts. Some will think of super powers like flying and saving people from villains; while others have a certain person they know or have heard of that come to mind who have done something to make a difference in the lives of others but who is a hero to you. To answer this question you must first ask yourself what a hero is; what comes to your mind when someone says the word. When I am confronted with these questions I always have the same thoughts; smart, strong will power, and someone who stands up for what they believe is right.... [tags: ANC, nelson mandela,leadership]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- The Hero of Burma The hero of Burma was born on June 19, 1945 in Yangon, Myanmar, a country traditionally known as Burma. Her father, Aung San was the de facto prime minister of British. He played a major role in helping Burma win independence from the British in 1948. Unfortunately, he was assassinated on July 19, 1947 before Burma became independent. Her mother, Daw Khin Kyi, was also active in politics before and after being married. In 1960, her mother was appointed as Burmese ambassador to India.... [tags: Aung San Suu Kyi, Burma, Ne Win, Human rights]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Nelson Mandela: The Art of Civil Disobedience Have you ever wondered what it was like to make a difference and even change something in your country. How would you feel if you were considered a hero by your people. Civil disobedience is a form of protest that uses a law to show that it is not needed. The protestors intentionally violate a law that they are protesting against (Suber). For example, Rosa Parks used civil disobedience by sitting at the front of the bus because she believed that all people are the same and deserved equal rights.... [tags: Activist, Politics, Hero]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- Uncle Tom's Cabin as Social Protest Even today, with literature constantly crossing more lines and becoming more shocking, Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin remains one of the most scandalous, controversial, and powerful literary works ever spilled onto a set of blank pages. Not only does this novel examine the attitudes of white nineteenth-century society toward slavery, but it introduces us to the hearts, minds and souls of several remarkable and unprecedented characters. In a time when it was quite common for a black woman to see almost all of her children die, Harriet Beecher Stowe created Eliza; a strong and powerful woman fleeing slavery and risking everything to pr... [tags: Uncle Tom's Cabin Essays]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- The Tragedy of Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare centers on Caesar, a Roman dictator, and his demise in 44 B.C. Brutus, along with seven other conspirators, assassinate Caesar to prevent him from becoming king. The Romans then wage war with these conspirators, and all eight are either murdered, or commit suicide. At this point in the play, the audience realizes who the tragic hero is. A tragic hero is a character in a high social standing who causes his/her own downfall. The hero becomes enlightened of his/her mistakes, which causes the reader to feel sympathy for this person.... [tags: Julius Caesar Essays]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Macbeth as a Tragic Hero According to the Greek philosopher Aristotle, "The best tragic plot moves the hero from prosperity to misfortune, occasioned not by depravity, but by some great mistake he makes. The plot of Macbeth follows these basic guidelines; throughout the play we follow the path of the main character as his life is torn apart as a result of the colossal mistake he makes when he kills Duncan. It is for this and the many ensuing reasons that we can say that Macbeth accurately portrays the image of a tragic hero as outlined by Aristotle.... [tags: Macbeth essays]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- John Brown as the Villian or Hero Brown's attack on Harper's Ferry affected American culture more than can ever be understood. Tension between the North and South was building in the 1850's. Slavery among many other things was dividing the country into two sections. Brown was executed on December 2, 1859 for his murderous out-lash on society. Was his mind so twisted and demented that he would commit cold-blooded murder. The answer is no. John Brown was a man with a goal and a purpose. When he said that abolition could not be achieved without blood he was right.... [tags: Papers]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Aeneas, the Anti-hero of Aeneid Many people seem to be under the impression that the Aeneid is a celebration of Roman glory, led by the hero of fate Aeneas. I find these preconceived ideas hard to reconcile with my actual reading of the text. For starters, I have a hard time viewing Aeneas as a hero at all. Almost any other main characters in the epic, from Dido to Camilla to Turnus, have more heroic qualities than Aeneas. This is especially noteworthy because many of these characters are his enemies.... [tags: Aeneid Essays]
2032 words (5.8 pages)
- Digressions in Venus and Adonis and Hero and Leander The poems Venus & Adonis and Hero & Leander have many similarities. Venus & Adonis, written by William Shakespeare (1593), is the story of lovesick Venus and innocent Adonis. Venus attempts to convince Adonis to have intimate relations with her. In the poem Hero & Leander, written by Christopher Marlowe (1598), Leander convinces the beautiful Hero to consummate their relationship despite her arguments. Another similarity of the two works is the digressions within the poems.... [tags: essays papers]
1433 words (4.1 pages)