India is predominantly an agricultural country. Every year around 572 million metric ton of crop residues like bagasse, straw, husk, stem, etc are produced and a high percentage of them are used by rural population and industrial sector. In an optimistic estimate total non-fodder crop residue available for energy is found to be 450 Mt . Still a considerable quantity of agro residues are left to decay in the field, burnt openly affecting children’s health and polluting environment with aerosol, so2 and no2 . There is also sufficient potential to utilize forestry wastes, wood processing wastes like saw dust and invading species like prosopis Juliflora which have high productivity and fuel value index . Further there is increasing shortage of coal and other fossil fuels in India which already imports about 75% of its crude . Biomass is a potential supplement if not total replacement of fossil dependence. Still the potential impacts of biomass energy on enviro...
... middle of paper ...
...Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Volume 12, Issue 9, 1989, Page 1176.
 R. C. Vergin, Scheduling Maintenance and Determining Crew Size for Stochastically Failing Equipment, Volume 13 Issue 2, October 1966.
 M. Ozkok∗, The effects of machine breakdown on hull structure production process, Scientia Iranica E (2013) 20 (3), 900–908.
 Mariusz J. Stolarski, Stefan Szczukowski, Józef Tworkowski, Michał Krzyżaniak, Paweł Gulczyński, Mirosław Mleczek, Comparison of quality and production cost of briquettes made from agricultural and forest origin biomass, Renewable Energy, Volume 57, September 2013, Pages 20-26.
 Anbumalar V, Nagarajan M S and Balasubramani P, Productivity improvement in screw type biomass briquetting machine by improving mould life, article in press, Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, December, 2013, Vol. 8, Issue. 4, pp 244-248.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The experimental details are given in table 1. Table 1 Experimental details for Eutectrode 700 coated screw The same kind of trials are repeated with screws coated with VAUTID 302 which is a tungsten carbide electrode and its coating increased life of screw to more than 10 hrs. The same type of mould with Eutechtrode 700 was used in this trial but replaced along with the second screw replacement. Readings were taken for 4 trials to keep the total duration similar to that of first set. The next set of trials with planned stoppages was also conducted for 4 trials in the similar way and the readings tabulated.... [tags: ine, screw, process]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- The decline in comprehensive urban planning was one of the major assets in determining the capitalist view facing social resistance. This made it difficult for planners considering the number of critiques that persistently argued about the impact of planning. This is because cities have changed; there was no way to hold a consistent plan. The conflict between the central controls needed to perform comprehensive urban planning versus the capitalism in which individual property holders say about of how things are done because of their interests in their property.... [tags: Urban Planning]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Analyzing the value of strategic planning related to IT “You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.” by Yogi Berra. Similarly, firms have to formulate plans that help them achieve the desired outcomes and objectives by making sure they utilize their existing resources carefully. This process or plan is nothing but strategic planning. Major issues why IT isn’t a part of business strategic planning is because (a) value of IT is not understood by majority of executives (b) opportunities to use information technology are not recognized and applied because more importance is given to meet business goals and objectives and (c) The pace at... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
702 words (2 pages)
- The events industry in the UK is one of the most flourishing and lucrative industries in the country. In 2014, the UK events economy had an estimated worth of £39.1bn and employed the equivalent of 430,000 full time jobs. Beyond the statistics, it is important to establish creative and effective management strategies across the event production, planning and operational board, without these, the aforementioned statistics would not be possible to achieve. The essay will identify the absolute necessity of strategic planning and management, health and safety, risk, and financial management, through to the planning and operational processes crucial to the survival of the industry.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Analyze Waste and Labor Productivity through Work Sampling 1 Analyze Waste and Labor Productivity through Work Sampling 11 Construction Cost Analysis and Control BCN5626 Fall 2016 Analyze Waste and Labor Productivity through Work Sampling Emmanuel Paraisy Table of Content Abstract??????????????????????. page 3 Introduction?????????????????????. page 4 Literature Review???????????????????page 4 Work Sampling???????????????????... page 5 Lean Construction?????????????????.?. page 5 Labor Productivity and waste?????????????..... [tags: Construction, Project management, Productivity]
2470 words (7.1 pages)
- A trade union is an organization, which is made up of workers who are permanent, or temporary formed to protect and improve the rights at their workplace and to enhance their status in society (Huat, 2007). In these days, trade union become key developmental agents in society and gains a lot of interest in relation to productivity because strong existence of trade union can give an industrial peace. What roles can trade union play in promoting productivity. As many of organizations go to globalization, the rapid changes in technology, and increasing market, organizations have to be competitive.... [tags: globalization, uniorism,promoting productivity]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Hard-of-hearing employees would be more productive if employers chose health plans that included coverage for hearing aids. Currently, most health insurance companies offer plans with at least some coverage for hearing aids. However, many employers who offer group benefit plans to their employees are not choosing these plans. Employers would find including this benefit would reduce time wasted on redundant communication methods and increase moral among their hard-of-hearing employees. Not only would it increase productivity, it should be among accommodations required under the Americans with Disabilities Act.... [tags: Hearing Aid, Efficiency, Productivity]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- PRO- As we have discussed in the previous sections that information technology is making its mark into a number of field. We can see the impact of information technology in many fields. We will now see how information technology has been effective in a number of sectors and how each sector has benefitted from IT. 1. Financial Sector Financial sector has evolved rapidly over a period of time and its one of the areas of economy that has benefitted the most from Information Technology. Consider 40-50 years back all the records has been kept in the thick ledger books.... [tags: financial sector, agriculture sector]
1207 words (3.4 pages)
- In any retail operation or company, planning is a very important factor for the success of any endeavor in that it involves the actual anticipation and organization of what needs to be done and how it should be done to reach an objective.(Retailing, pg.40) Strategic planning involves a company or firm to adapt its resources to the actual opportunities and possible threats of the ever-changing retail environment, and, if used properly, a good strategic plan can help retailers achieve and maintain a beneficial balance of its resources and possible opportunities to come.... [tags: Business, Planning]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- The Planning Function of Management Management Planning The planning function of management provides goals, strategies, direction, and it defines responsibilities in any organization. The types of plans include strategic, operational, tactical, and contingency. Each one of these types allows an organization to have multiple plans to play different roles to achieve an overall common goal. According to Fortune 500, “Entergy has been in their top rankings for the past several years. Entergy constantly exceeds the 10 billion dollar mark in annual revenues.” (Cable News Network, 2008).... [tags: Business Management Planning]
970 words (2.8 pages)