When I solve a problem I try to make sure I have correctly identified the problem in order for solve it the right way. Just like other human I have made mistakes, but I am really careful in this situation. Sometimes I am not able to identify the problem right away; I think this happens when I close my mind since I frustrate myself. It is harder to solve a problem if I have no idea of what the problem is. I believe that in order to find an excellent solution we need to consider various alternatives. I do consider various alternatives when I solve a personal problem, but when it’s not personal I do not look for alternative solutions. Alternatives solutions help us to identify the...
... middle of paper ...
...life when I wonder if what I know, what I believe in is indeed true.
5. Philosophy 110 is about critical thinking and by this I understand that this class is to help student thinks independently, which is something I am looking to gain for this class. I would like to learn to think critically and independently because I would like to improve the way I think and I analyze things. I also want to learn the ability to communicate correctly and to gain better writing skills as well as to evaluate resources on the internet and be able to determine which information is real.
I would like to learn to think quickly and reasonableness because I believe this will help for the rest of my life. I also want to develop new skills to participate in a debate, but I would like to achieve the knowledge to see a subject in different points of view and to do not be influenced by people.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Non-Profit organizations are a major mold in society in general, and they continue to help advance many of the social causes of our time. From the description, we know that employee and volunteer morale is quite low, and that is the fault of the senior management. In an organization, it is important that each individual knows that they are contributing to something larger than themselves. In many cases, employees seek to work somewhere where they can earn a living, but also where they can become a member of a team, and feel a sense of purpose.... [tags: Management, Non-profit organization, Engagement]
714 words (2 pages)
- I have long believed that God was a tale, a story, a Santa Claus or maybe worse, that he did not even exist. Now, I have drastically changed my mind and I strongly believe that He exists, guides, helps, and cares for those who have followed and supported him. By believe I mean, to accept as true or real, to credit with veracity, to expect or suppose, to have firm confidence, to have trust, and overall, to have faith, something special and unique which make us free. That is the way as believe in Him now… I know that the fact of believing is something personal, very personal, and nobody can confirm or verify God´s existence, even science, but from my point of view, He is real.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
638 words (1.8 pages)
- Personal Narrative- A Non-traditional Love Story I first met Tyler at "Above and Beyond", a support group for brain parasites. I don't have brain parasites, and neither does he, but that's where we met. I had seen him before at other support groups, and he never used his real name. He would always glare at me, as if I was intruding on him or something. I've dated a lot of weird guys before, guys that liked to cross-dress, guys that couldn't get enough body piercings, but Tyler takes the cake.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1515 words (4.3 pages)
- 1. Seeing the general in the particular-(sociological perspective) Is looking for general patterns in behaviors of Particular individuals. A good example of that is when choosing a club to belong to in college. People tend to pick clubs based on common factors like, for example: religion,age,interests and majors. 2. Seeing society in our everyday lives- Is seeing how everyday choices and decisions are shaped by society. An example of this is the kind of education you receive. Factors like race,age,culture,income and where you live can factor on what education level you receive.... [tags: Sociology, Max Weber, C. Wright Mills]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- My own personal philosophy of leisure has been shaped by past and present activities I do for leisure and why I do them. To me, leisure is the sense of being free from external stressors that I face in my life such as school or work. The positive outcomes from partaking in leisure are generally overlooked and often underestimated. Leisure affects our emotions, our physical and mental health, and aids in the creation of relationships. In my own personal life, I have done and still participate in leisure as a way to sooth myself or unwind from the stress of school or work.... [tags: Leisure, Personal life, Psychology, Recreation]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- As health care reform comes to the United States, and wars, tsunamis, and earthquakes ripple across the world, the connection of our global community has never been more obvious. Growing globalization and increased air and space travel have removed international borders and brought humanity closer. Additionally, globalization has expanded the push for global health and provided numerous opportunities for the global community to impact the lives and health of people across the globe. According to Koplan, Bond, Merson, Reddy, Rodriquez, Sewakambo & Wasserheit (2009) global health can be described as a notion, objective or a practice that strives to maintain the health of the global community.... [tags: Personal Reflections]
2067 words (5.9 pages)
- It is time, at last, to speak the truth about toxic chemicals behind personal care and beauty products. The daily products of an average person consists of face wash, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, floss, toothpaste, and deodorant. Surprisingly, all of these products listed contain toxic chemicals that are harmful to our body. If we use these products to maintain our hygiene, does that mean we are not clean without these products. For example, a common shampoo many people use is Head and Shoulders.... [tags: Cosmetics, Personal care, Sunscreen]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Communication has always been a vital part of our life and is important in the day to day interactions we participate in with friends, family and the people who are close to us. According to Encyclopedia Britannica, “communication is the exchange of meanings between individuals through a common system of symbols.” Communication varies between two types, one being verbal communication and the other being non-verbal communication. Amy Lucas highlights in her article the fact that, Our ancestors hunted and gathered as a collective, depending upon one another for protection, sustenance and companionship.... [tags: decoding, process, information]
2612 words (7.5 pages)
- New technology has always been truly enthralling to me; I grew up with an MSDOS PC and the interaction with computers from such a young age helped form a bond while still fills me with excitement like a small child whether I'm typing in the very last line of code for a program, updating to the latest builds of my favourite beta software or finally working out how to patch a glitchy "feature" in Microsoft's latest OS. We live in the centre of a technological revolution with the real-time Web, new operating systems and ever cheaper portable computers and mobiles; it’s these developments that fuel me with a passion knowing that I want to be working on the next generation of software and technol... [tags: Personal Experience]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Global Problems and Non-Governmental Organizations Paper Women’s Issues The topic that I chose for this paper is women’s issues. Throughout history women have been struggling for equality and recognition. Today we have just about reached our goal. In order to maintain this equality, organizations were created to keep women and men involved in the issues that pertain to women today. In my essay I will discuss the actions of two large non-governmental organizations that deal with women’s issues.... [tags: essays research papers]
939 words (2.7 pages)