Drinking and driving is the number most crimes in the United States. Drunk drivers are some very serious problems here in the United States. It is becoming a threat to everyone, not caring about the age, gender, or class. Under 21 has to have no amount of alcohol in their system because it is illegal for them to drink alcohol. Drunk drivers can end up being in a crash, injury, or deaths to others on the road, that can include their passengers or pedestrians. Every minute, there is one person who is injured from alcohol related crash. The fatal crashes are four times higher during the night than the day. Nearly 11,000 people die in the highway crashes involving many cars. The average age of target audience in male ages is 21-34 and for women ages in 21-44. Most drunk drivers do not think of the consequences they can get with what they are doing. Drunk drivers are a risk to ourselves and others on the road, it can create damages around, and also losing your license and can be in jail for a long time.
Drinking too much can take a serious damage on your health. It can cause brain com...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Drinking and driving is the number most crimes in the United States. Drunk drivers are some very serious problems here in the United States. It is becoming a threat to everyone, not caring about the age, gender, or class. Under 21 has to have no amount of alcohol in their system because it is illegal for them to drink alcohol. Drunk drivers can end up being in a crash, injury, or deaths to others on the road, that can include their passengers or pedestrians. Every minute, there is one person who is injured from alcohol related crash.... [tags: Alcoholic beverage, Drunk driving]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Alcohol is a drug. It is an intoxicating depressant that affects the central nervous system of the human body. This depressant, even in small dosages, can impair neuronal functional and motor skills. Drunk driving is a serious issue that is persistent in our society today. Every two minutes another individual in the United States is killed as a result of drunk driving. Although underage drinkers represent only around ten percent of all motorists, they are involved in 17% of all drinking while driving fatalities.... [tags: Drinking culture, Alcohol law, Alcohol abuse]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol has affected and devastated countless people’s lives. Driving under the influence is one of the most dangerous situations you can put yourself or someone else into. The evidence against driving while intoxicated is massive and it has left a long trail of broken dreams and lives. If you drink and drive, not only do you possibly put yourself at risk, but your passengers and pedestrians, and other people on the roads. According to the most recent statistics by the National Commission Against Drunk Driving is that 17, 000 Americans die each year in alcohol-related traffic crashes and 600,000 Americans are injured.... [tags: DUI Drinking Driving Alcohol Essays]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Many temptations are faced in college culture and one of them is underage drinking and driving. Underage drinking and driving has essentially become an epidemic, rapidly developing among today’s youth. College culture has come to encourage drinking and driving through the places and people that surround the students (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, October 2002). Some people don’t see underage drinking as an issue, when in fact it is a huge issue that every teenager will face.... [tags: Drinking and Driving]
2481 words (7.1 pages)
- Drinking and driving is a serious and dangerous problem around the world for many people. Many people every year are killed or injured because of drunk drivers. When a person’s blood alcohol content, known as BAC, is over the legal limit he becomes much more impaired and are at a higher risk of hurting himself or others while driving on the road. The majority of people who drive when under the influence of drugs or alcohol do not believe that their skills are affected until after they face a challenging or dangerous situation.... [tags: Alcohol law, Drunk driving, Alcoholic beverage]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- “Have one drink for the road” was, until recently, a commonly used phrase in American culture. It has only been within the past 20 years that as a nation, we have begun to recognize the dangers associated with drunk driving (Sutton 463). According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, this year 519,000 people, or one person per minute, will be injured in alcohol-related accidents. 10,839 people will die in drunk-driving crashes this year – that is one death every 50 minutes. The heartbreaking part is, every injury and lost life due to driving after drinking can be prevented.... [tags: Drunk Driving, DUI, Alcohol]
2554 words (7.3 pages)
- The growing awareness of alcohol hazards has made people more cautious of their drinking habits, particularly young adults. At present young adults have the highest prevalence of alcohol consumption than any other age group. They also drink more heavily, experience more negative consequences, and engage in more harmful activities, specifically drunk driving. Although surveys have documented a decline in recent years, consumption rates remain highest from late teen years to the late twenties (Johnston1-3).... [tags: Alcohol, DUI, Drunk Driving ]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Drinking and Driving Should Blood Alcohol Percentages for Drunken Driving Be Lowered. Driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol is one of the most dangerous things you can do. Alcohol causes varying degrees of the following side effects in everyone who uses it; dullness of sensation, lowered sensory motor skills, lowered reactive or reflexive motor responses, impaired thought processes, impaired memory, impaired judgement, sleep or sleeplessness, and in extreme cases can cause coma and death.”(Hardcastle 1).... [tags: essays papers, drunk driving, alcohol]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Teens need to be taught that driving is a task that is complex and demanding. Parents know how much experience a young driver has, and they know exactly how inconvenient it is when they have to drive with their teen everywhere while they have their permit. Teens tend to cause most traffic accidents in adults’ eyes. They are not experienced yet, and often fail to pay attention to others on the road. They often think of a car as being some type of toy, but they do not know how powerful it really is.... [tags: driving, young driver, traffic accidents, habits]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Alcohol and Driving Imagine being in a bar with a few of your good friends. Everyone is drinking and having a good time. Your are going to leave and go home, but you friends won't let you because they know the dangers of driving after having a few drinks. Instead they ca ll a cab to give you a ride home. You would be extremely lucky to have such smart friends. Drunk driving is a very serious problem in our society today, but it is becomming socially unacceptable causing the numbers of alcohol related traffic fatalites t o decline considerably.... [tags: Exploratory Essays, Drunk Driving]
871 words (2.5 pages)