Bottleneck production has been factored into the cycle time of the material. Bottlenecks happen within plastic production with material run now so Clariant is predicting that it will more than likely happen with any new product being introduced. A bottleneck that could happen is that the first couple hundred pounds of bio-based material we run has a large amount of errors and we are set back with time, in this case this would slow down material production massively. A bottleneck that could also affect cycle time is the lack of knowledge on the material from the staff. If the extruding engineers do not understand or know enough about the bio-based material than it could caus...
... middle of paper ...
...ll be ready to introduce their new product. I truly believe that success stems from the management team, the lean management has to be pushed from management and if they can fully support the technical engineers and follow the process the introduction of the bio based material will be a Clariant success.
21 ideas for successful implementation of Lean Management. (n.d.). Retrieved November 20, 2016, from http://www.processexcellencenetwork.com/lean-six-sigma-business-transformation/articles/13-ideas-for-successful-implementation-of-lean-ma/
Cycle TIme. (2016). Retrieved November 20, 2016, from http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/cycle-time.html
Importance of Trials. (2016). Retrieved November 20, 2016.
What is lean management? Retrieved November 20, 2016, from http://searchcio.techtarget.com/definition/lean-management
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.” By Anais Nin. This quote represents how product placement plays a role in daily life of people. The quote describes how we see the world, as to what we see in others. People view life through their dreams, fears, and experience, “Product placement is when a company pays for its product to be featured on television or movie to increase or reinforce brand awareness.” Product placement in movies or TV shows have become common, many advertiser uses the appeal to celebrity to make the product look “high class, or “cool.” For example, in Indian TV shows, when a housewife uses her Samsung Galaxy s4 to download her recipes, and makes deliciou... [tags: company, product, movies, television]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Influence of Leadership Many people consider work just that, work. When you find a job you enjoy or an industry that you want to work in, work starts to become something else. It is an activity that you want to do and are excited every day to be there. Working in the video game industry, I have found a work place that I enjoy being and a job that I not only like to do, but am good at doing as well. In 5 to 10 years, I want to be working for Take Two interactive, which is a video game company that has developed such titles as Grand Theft Auto, BioShock Infinite and Sid Meier’s Civilization V.... [tags: Video game industry, Video game, Management]
2427 words (6.9 pages)
- Women, the Video Game Industry, Community and Inclusivity There is a proverbial “no-girls-allowed” sign looming over the video game industry that has long excluded women from both the field and the gaming community. For a long time the video game industry has culturally been considered the dominion of men, but with forty-eight percent of the gaming community being made up of women there is increasing evidence that has shown that this is no longer the case (Harwell). However, women are still greatly underrepresented within the industry as the statistics tell a discouraging story.... [tags: Video game, Video game industry, Game designer]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- The video game world is a thriving community with a lot of companies, who design these consoles, striving to be number one on the chart of what the best selling video game is at that moment. A numerous amount of consoles has been created since the beginning of the video game era and some of those video games failed to got the recognition it thought it deserved; but those companies who succeeded in rising over their competitors grew larger and became famous for their years of services. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are some examples of those companies who have made a name for themselves over the years.... [tags: Video game console, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3]
1038 words (3 pages)
- What is the goal of the popular board game of Monopoly. The answer is quite simple as it is to remain financially stable, while forcing opponents into a state of bankruptcy by buying and building pieces of property. By definition a monopoly is the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in commodity or service. For instance when it comes to a business, as a monopoly, it will own all of the legs on a table which keeps it up. In history such monopolies existed as Andrew Carnegie’s steel business.... [tags: Business, Small business, Variety store, Product]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- THE PRODUCT/SERVICE Kaffee Schnaps is a service one coffee shop by day and a beer/wine bar by night. During the day our customers can experience a full fledge coffee house, where they can relax with a cup of coffee. We are trying to provide a warm welcoming environment, with softer music volume, talkative atmosphere, and relaxed surroundings. It is a full service coffee shop that serves coffee drinks such as lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, hot chocolate, etc, with small pre-pared food items like different types of sandwiches, pastry, and salads like any other coffee shop.... [tags: bar, food, customers]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- Culture: The Name of the Game Any group of people in the world, small or large, can share a culture. Merriam-Webster defines culture as “the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also: the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or time.” Just as cultures form originally, they can also adapt and borrow traits from other cultures that may be mixed within them or living in their close proximity or from prolonged contact with a different culture (acculturation).... [tags: Culture, China, Song Dynasty, Family]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- The five-year marketing plan for Game ON ENERGY Drinks has been created by the founder to secure additional funding for growth and to inform employees of the company’s current position and future direction. Even though Game ON has yet to be released to worldwide market. The company’s plan already in motion. Within this five year period, Game ON’s goal is to extend the current product lines and as well add new product lines. After doing an independent survey on the grounds of Antelope Valley Community College campus.... [tags: Marketing, Red Bull, Energy drinks, Energy drink]
2113 words (6 pages)
- Microsoft Xbox Executive Summary Microsoft Xbox is a company that makes games, gaming systems and accessories. The use of these systems has risen dramatically over the years and the people that use them are always looking for a new great game or accessory to go with it. Also, Microsoft Xbox has launched the new Xbox 360 Elite, the most elite gaming system available today. Back in November 2005, when Xbox 360 first hit the shelves, it was just the beginning. Although the console itself has not changed, the number of games available for it has risen exponentially.... [tags: Marketing, Technology, Gaming, Video Games]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Analysis of Video Game Systems The consumer video game systems offer an exciting opportunity to discuss and analyze the design of technology based on the strategy of each of the players within the industry. We will focus our analysis on the next generation of video consoles: Nintendo’s Wii, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3). First, we will analyze the targeted customer and the proposition designed by each company to attract them. In this part, there is a description of each market target and how each company has taken advantage of each unique position in the industry.... [tags: Video Games]
1931 words (5.5 pages)