In the digital age, can Dish Network remain a leader in the television industry? What challenges does Dish Network face in the age of streaming? How does Dish Network remain competitive in an ever-changing environment? Below we will discuss a complete analysis of how the company functions inside and out, from the data warehouse and supply chain to the front and back-end customer interactions, sales and programs used for enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management systems.
In an ever-changing world, all companies must collect information and pay close attention to new trends in order to stay competitive. For a company such as Dish Network the customer feedback is one of the most important ways to determine what the customers want from their TV provider. Dish Network is able to achieve this through information gained through an assortment of social media and old fashion documentation of customer service calls. Dish Network has a social media team for the sole purpose of answering customer questions, as well collecting information of customer wants and concerns, this is all done through social media giants like Facebook and Twitter. The collected information is then compiled to determine what weakness and strengths exist within the company. Social media allows Dish Network to connect with younger generations of customer. Social media fosters the accessibility and knowledge of the company’s products and fuels innovation through crowd surfing ideas, improves productivity and expands sales methods (Hebner, 2014). Social media for many has become the face of Dish Network. In a society where many communications are done electronically, social media has become a very important tool i...
... middle of paper ...
...ld include metrics like the amount of sales, amount of cancels, close ration or even call abandonment. Now the information from the sales department is important information needed by other departments like accounting, marketing and payroll. Each databases needs to be accessible to various departments in order for the business to function efficiently. These databases are collected together in a data warehouses. Dish then uses data mining tools to extract information in order to solve whatever problem may be at hand. Many departments have what they call foreign keys, which is information present in multiple locations thus forming a relationship. As an example, payroll needs to know how many sales a person made in order to pay them properly. So the amount of sales would be the foreign key between the sales database and payrolls database.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cooking shows are great entertainment for food lovers, but these shows often display two types of culinary personas: the female home cook and the male chef. Although more women are being recognized in the world of professional cooking and more men are cooking at home, there is still a portrayal of women in the home kitchen and men in the restaurants on popular cooking shows. Food Network and Cooking Channel are the two largest cooking networks and displays the greatest number of food personalities.... [tags: Gender, Masculinity, Culinary art, Iron Chef]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- In my research, I was asked to find out why it is best for large organizations to use both PEST and Porter analysis in understanding their particular external environment. I discovered that these tools identify external environmental factors that are subject to change in the marketplace or particular business sector. As the landscape of business changes opportunities or threats emerge and the PEST and Porter analysis tools help exploit, the changes will allow companies to either recognize and adapt or lose to competitors.... [tags: Strategic management, Management]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- DISH Network was organized as a corporation in 1995 under the state laws of Nevada and began operation on March 4, 1996. They are primarily focused on delivering high-quality video entertainment. DISH is a publicly traded company with common stock on the Nasdaq Global Select Market and is traded under the ‘DISH’ symbol. DISH is a nationwide company, and is the United States third largest pay-TV provider. DISH Network’s three main business subsidiaries are DISH, Blockbuster, and Wireless Spectrum.... [tags: satellite, handbook, pay, spectrum]
2605 words (7.4 pages)
- 3.3.2 Network Analysis Social network analysis focuses on ties among, for example, people, groups of people, organisations, and countries. These ties combine to form networks, as social network analysts assume that interpersonal ties matter, as do ties among organisations or countries, because they transmit behaviour, attitudes, information, or goods. Social network analysis offers methodology to analyse social relations, it tells how to conceptualise social networks and how to analyse the, where the main gaol of social network analysis is detecting and interpreting patterns of social ties among actors (Nooy et al., 2005).... [tags: Sociology, Social network, Mathematical sociology]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- DBS - DIRECTV and DISH Network Remember when Cable TV came into the picture and began bullying around the network stations for all their lunch money. Well watch out Cable because you might get a little taste of your own Medicine from a powerful extra terrestrial,... satellite that is. A multi-channel alternative to cable television known as Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) is now available in theUnited States of America and boy is it ready to rock. DBS provides picture perfect cable-like television programming directly from satellite dishes approximately 18 inches in diameter.... [tags: essays papers]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- A GUIDE TO NETWORK ANALYSIS Introduction The core technique available to Project Managers for planning and controlling their projects is Network Analysis. This short guide will provide a basic understanding of networking principles before applying them to the computer. Network Analysis or Critical Path Analysis (CPA) or the American ¡§Program, Evaluation and Review Technique¡¨ (PERT) is one of the classic methods of planning and controlling the progress of projects. Tasks or Activities Effective planning of projects requires careful thought and the application of logic.... [tags: Step by Step Guide Network Analysis How To]
1753 words (5 pages)
- Network Topologies Analysis and Comparison The bus topology connects several computers, or nodes, with a communication channel, often a single cable. Computers on a bus either transmit data to other computers on the network or listen for data from other computers on the network. They are not responsible for moving data from one computer to the next. Consequently, if one computer fails, it does not affect the rest of the network. Because the data, or electronic signal, is sent to the entire network, it travels from one end of the cable to the other.... [tags: Network Topology]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Network Development Analysis The scenario Information technology and enterprise networks have become the core of many organizations. Critical business functions often depend on a fully functioning IT infrastructure: no network means no ability to generate revenue. To this end, an organization's growth and evolution should be reflected in the growth and evolution of its network That having been said, a west coast furniture retailer (Alpha Company) needed to consolidate their position in the furniture retailing industry and has strategic growth plans in terms of stores roll out and sales turnover in the next few years.... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- In this paper we will examine the network configuration used at MKS Instruments. The areas covered will range from the network infrastructure, how it is implemented and how it is used. This paper will also include the technology, hardware involved and a small scale network diagram example. There are many classes of IP addresses ranging from A all the way to E. Most large scale companies and offices use a Class A IP address schema while smaller locations use Class C. The MKS office in San Jose uses a Class B IP schema.... [tags: Network Analysis]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Kudler Network Analysis Kudler Fine Foods is a local upscale specialty food store located in the San Diego metropolitan area. The company has three locations (La Jolla, Del Mar and Encinitas). The original store networks were designed by a local computer store (that is no longer in business) and were installed by a combination of friends and some of the employees of the computer store working on their own time. Performance is okay, but the checkouts at the local supermarkets seem much faster. Kudler wants to start collecting and tracking more personal data from customers, but are concerned about their liability for the security of the information.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1061 words (3 pages)
- The Day Of The Crimson Knight
- Psychological Assessment : The Appropriate Dsm 5 Code
- The Impact Of Stakeholder Loyalty On The Crescent School District 's Performance Results
- The Civil Rights Of The United States
- Leadership Theories Of Leadership And Leadership
- High Motivation And Anxiety Management Strategies