I recall my first time arriving on U.S. soil from the Dallas International Airport and absorbing as many sights, sounds, and aromas as my brain could process. I felt a sensory overload. Everything was big, loud, fast, and beautifully bright at the same time. My excitement surely played a role in the exaggerated effects of my surroundings, but I enjoyed every second of it.
After passing customs and doing a good amount of people watching, I realized that I was actually in America, and my heartrate picked up pace again as it did each time I realized just how significantly my life would change.
I’ve never been away from my country prior to that flight. My first flight away from home took me directly to a place I’ve dreamed of as a child. I’m not sure how many people can say that by age 17. I’ve seen the movies, read the storie...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The Denver International Airport is undergoing innovative change through various initiatives, and policies. Given that DIA is the country’s largest airport, it is vital for budgetary and project planning be addressed and redeveloped into an efficient and productive manner. As the lead consultant of management, I am responsible for assessing the cost and service challenges in relation to the construction and operation of the new airport in Denver, Colorado. Furthermore, the comprehensive report provided will recommend solutions and strategies that address these cost and service problems.... [tags: Business Report]
3694 words (10.6 pages)
- Get your best Abu Dhabi Airport transfer rental deals today by simply pre-booking your car rental at airportdashes.com. Booking your Abu Dhabi Airport transfer rental with airportdashes.com guarantees a reliable, dependable and memorable car rental service at a great rental price. Abu Dhabi Airport affordable rental transfers, car hire Abu Dhabi International Airport, competitively quoted rental deals Abu Dhabi International Airport. Located 32 miles from the center of Abu Dhabi and spread over an area of 3,400 hectares, Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) is the city 's main aviation hub for UAE’s national airline: Etihad Airways, and the second largest and busiest airport in the UAE, ser... [tags: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Traveling across the country can be a challenge because of the many ways to chose from. Even when you and family decide to travel for a plan vacation, and take your personal vehicle it can be a hassle. How much time do you have seems to be a major factor, because if the drive is too long, how tired will you be after the trip. Of course there are trains and buses that can get you to your destination in a preferred time and will probably not be as busy and the lines will not be as long but the preferred choice and the biggest growing transportation industry is airlines.... [tags: Aviation ]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Trip to Africa - Original Writing In October 2004, myself and 23 other well travelled (and not so well travelled) locals went on a two-week adventure in South Africa. Within a few hours of stepping off the plane in Jo’burg International Airport we had seen the famous Jacaranda trees, visited two places representative of South Africa’s’ diverse history and learnt the exciting and challenging journey of the Vortrekker settlers. We soon realised that to fit in everything on the itinerary this wasn’t going to be a sunbathing break, but anything was possible with our fantastic tour guide (and friend) Liese, and our driver (and chief bird spotter) Roy.... [tags: Papers]
691 words (2 pages)
- My Trip to America- Personal Narrative Three years ago, in July 2001, I had the opportunity to visit America, the land of freedom. I was thrilled when I overheard my mother talking to my friend’s father; Tom’s father on the phone for me to join my Toms family in their holiday to America. I could not sleep that night. The following morning, my mother informed me of the good news: That I would be going to Florida for two weeks, and that I would accompany my friend’s family. I could not have asked for a better morning in Britain.... [tags: Papers]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Market / Industry Analysis The NAICS code for Air Canada is 48111, which stands for Scheduled air transportation. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the global trade association for the airline industry. It focuses on representing, leading, and serving the whole airline industry. Air Canada and Air China are both the members of The International Air Transport Association, which means they all have the same value and put passengers’ safety on priority. Also, ITAT supports these airlines to help them reduce carbon dioxide emissions by promoting the Carbon Offset Program among them.... [tags: Airline, Avianca, Southwest Airlines, Lufthansa]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- The ill and sick don't stay bound to one area, they travel to different counties by airline or cruise line transmitting their illnesses to other passengers. When sick people are on board they can spread their diseases with just a minor yet sometimes deadly cough or sneeze they will be spreading their sickness. New Diseases can spread internationally by travel, if restrictions were shown by cruise lines and airlines it could prevent the innocent from dying from a disease outbreak. Most airlines like British Airlines have doctors who are certified to work and treat patients for access on board the plane.... [tags: travel, airplanes, illness]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- Despite the meticulous planning for OPLAN 90-2, there were a number of external factors that disrupted overall timeline and sequence of events. The plan was to assault and seize the Omar Torrijos International Airport after the last commercial passenger flight was scheduled to arrive at 2300. However, the flights arrival was delayed by two hours. The plan was to give enough time for the passengers to get their luggage and clear the airport prior to the assault. Weather conditions also became an issue for the departing forces.... [tags: Assault, Seize, Airport, Failed Attempt]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- It was May 25, 2001. What was clear however, was the fact that I was soon going to be on my own in a country where I did not know the language or the people that I would be meeting there and staying with. The adrenaline rushed through me as I packed the last of my things and ran out of the door. I closed the door to my house and jumped in the car. The idea of leaving America and going to Japan seemed to really not have hit me yet, but now that I look back I know that I had to feel it. I think that the things that I was feeling was such a blob of mixed emotions that I really did not know how to feel so I will just say that I was excited.... [tags: essays research papers]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- A plan to expand O'Hare International Airport has begun to look more promising, but backers of a proposed airport near Peotone said last week they don't expect the plan to change the debate over a third airport. "It's still not going to add air capacity, and won't solve their long-range problem," said Don Goff, chairman of the Third Airport Alliance. "I don't see it as any setback," he said of the plan to build more terminals and gates. Goff said that even if O'Hare expansion proponents later use the World Gateway project to justify building more runways, a third airport will still be needed.... [tags: Chicago Airport]
674 words (1.9 pages)