... middle of paper ...
...r competition.” And I broke into tears. I guess that Sid hadn’t been taking all of his medication and he became very sick. His organs started to fail and he was put onto a life monitor, the only real hope that he had was to get another transplant but since he had already had multiple his chances were lower than someone who hadn’t. He got put on the transplant list and they waited to hear but he was only getting worse. On the day that he finally made it to the top of the list, Sid took his last breath. I never really got to say my goodbyes which still hurts a lot but it makes me feel better knowing that he 's not in pain anymore. I know that I probably would have been more hurt if I saw him in that condition but I still would have like to say goodbye. You never truly know when you 're going to see someone for the last time so it’s good to never take them for granted.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- She doesn’t know this, but she changed my life. She was there for me when it seemed like no one else was. When most of my friends were dissolving around me and I just didn’t feel like I could do anything right, she was there, and she made everything seem okay. It didn’t matter that I was inevitably going to graduate with a GPA a tenth of a point lower than I wanted, or that my director told me that he was disappointed in me because I just didn’t seem focused lately, or that my other friends just weren’t talking to me anymore.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Friendship is something we 've all experienced. And, from the wise words of Dr. Seuss, "be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind." The ability to care without judgement is a magnificent quality seeing as we all know some best friends can take “be who you are” and “say what you feel” to a whole other level. These are the friends who care, who encourage, who force you to put yourself out there. The ones who make you eat your green eggs and ham (even when you don’t want to).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- Are we even related. Are we really sisters. You would think coming from the same parents and living together that we'd be clones of each other. But that's not the case here. My sister, Kelsey and I, are different in many ways but at the same time similar. It's weird to think our blood is the same but we are so different. As weird as it is, she's not only my sister, she's my best friend. Life wouldn't be the same without her in any way. She's my other half and she protects me. I love her and I'm truly thankful God chose her to be my sister.... [tags: relationship, differences, love]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- Man’s Best Friend Throughout history there has been a common connection between dogs and humans. Whether you use your dog for work, to help make a living, or just for pure enjoyment dogs have been by our side. Dogs are used by police departments to help track down criminals or illegal substances. In cold places such as Alaska dogs are used to pull sleds as a means of transportation. The common theme with all of these is dogs bring people happiness by being playful, comforting, and give their owners a sense of responsibility.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Dog breed, Toy dog]
708 words (2 pages)
- You never really know when your life is going to do a three sixty. When it happens some of us are lucky and it changes our lives in a positive way, but for me that was not the case. When I came to college I wanted to break away from the life I once had. Like most people I wanted to find myself and finally be who I was never able to be in high school and living at home. The night of October thirty first of my freshmen year I met a person who would change my life and the lives of those around me. My best friend Josh always wanted to be the one to take my drunken virginity.... [tags: Family, Mother, Multiracial, Load Me Up]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- When I was a kid every weekend was the same, and I thought it would just stay that way. My best friend Tashawna lived across the street with her two brothers and after school on Friday we would go to her house and have a snack and play until her parents sent us outside. Then it was dinner and baths and deciding who’s house we were going to stay at. This Friday we were staying at me house which was my favorite because I got a bed and didn’t have to sleep on the floor since I was the youngest. We watched Nightmare on Elm Street that night, another thing that came with being the youngest; you never get to pick the movie.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Debut albums]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- My Best Friend is Dead I first met Chipper Gleason when I was 5 or 6, when my mother was working with Chipper's mother Sue teaching music lessons in town. The He- Man connection must have been what initially tipped our parents off that we would be good friends. I remember my mom asking me if I wanted to play with this kid who had Castle Greyskull, a large green molded castle that He- Man lived inside of with the other Masters of the Universe. The answer was, of course, "Yes!" and we met one afternoon while both my mom and Sue taught lessons at the Church.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
5324 words (15.2 pages)
- Man’s Best Friend Who do you consider your best friend. Is it the person you grew up with. Is it your husband or wife. For many it is someone that is always they’re for them when sad or lonely, or when one needs to talk, cry, or laugh. However, thousands of Americans are turning to their dogs for a favorite companion. This paper will explore the enduring phrase “Man’s Best Friend” and the loyalty, faithfulness, intelligence, and companionship shared by dogs and masters that make this statement true.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- A character from a story that I like the most would be Huckle Berry Fin from “ The Adventure of Huckle Berry Fin.” My character is strong, fearless, witty, and independent. In the story Huckle Berry and best friend Tom Sorier go and run away from home. I picked Huckle Berry because he was my favorite book when I was little also I admired his independence. Now let me tell you about my cool favorite character. As a little boy I admired Huckle Berry because he was a teenage boy that lived by himself and could hold his own.... [tags: Character Analysis]
664 words (1.9 pages)