"You must be Kavya right?" She said while giving the most beautiful smile ever.
"Yes, I am Kavya. How do you know me?" I asked with a smile.
"Oh dear, Eric told me about you." I was still confused.
"He is my husband and I am Laura" She laughed while clearing my confusion.
"Nice to meet you, Laura, you are looking beautiful tonight," I said while giving her a hug. She then introduced me to her friends and we were enjoying each others company. I became good friends with Laura and Evelyn. Evelyn was also working as the business head in Chicago and quite talkative I would say. We were enjoying our talk when I heard Evelyn saying, "guys look at that hot piece who just entered the party." I looked to see none other than Ankur.
"He is so hot, isn 't it Kavya?" Evelyn asked while still staring at Ankur.
"You are impossible," I said while nodding my head. Deep down I felt good when she said that because Ankur was my husband and girls were crazy about him but at the same time, I felt sad knowing the fact that he was not mine. I was not even allowed to reveal our relationship. For others, he was still that handsome unmarried guy!
"Kavya, she is like this only" Laura said while smirking at Evelyn who was now giving a pitying look.
"What 's cooking ladies?" Mr. Erickson asked while giving a kiss to Laura. ...
... middle of paper ...
...kur took the phone from my hand and smashed it on the wall. What the hell just happened!
"I AM TALKING TO YOU DAMMIT!" He said while pinning me to the nearest wall. I was breathing heavily due to his action. I just looked at him with fearful eyes.
"When I talk to you, focus on me and not Abheer okay?" He whispered while leaning towards my neck. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.
"What are you doing to me Kavya? Why am I behaving like this?" He whispered while laying his face on my neck. I was taken aback by his touch which I was missing for a while now. I didn 't say anything instead just caress his hair with my hands. He flinched a little at my touch but didn 't say anything.
We stayed in this position for a while until he stepped back and said, "This can 't be happening. I need to leave right now!"
Again, I was left alone by none other than Ankur.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Aspiring to Be a Corporate Event Manager “In every group of friends, there 's one person who always seems to take charge of party planning. He or she somehow knows how to make sure everyone has a good time” McKay (2015). In my group of friends, that person is me. I jump at the opportunity to entertain; every birthday celebration, sorority function, and weekend vacation has my name written all over it. My passion for party planning has led me to pursue a career in the hospitality industry with hopes of becoming a corporate event manager.... [tags: Management, Party, Event planning]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- A lot of Erik Erickson’s ideas were molded from what Sigmund Freud’s statements were. Erickson extended on what Freud had previously set up in his research. Although, Erickson’s model goes through the entire lifespan. In this paper we will go through and discuss each individual stage of Erickson’s model. The first stage of Erickson’s model is the Trust V. Mistrust stage. This stage is from the age groups of infancy to a year and a half old. It states that trust is built up if their needs are met by their caregivers or parents.... [tags: Erik Erikson, Identity]
1457 words (4.2 pages)
- Sigmund Freud believed that most of the personality development occurred in the first six years of life, however, Erik Erickson, a theorist added that human development is extended into adolescence and well into adulthood (McCarthy & Archer, 2012). It is undeniable, that human beings continuously develop with age in a physical, cognitive, and psychosocial sense. Erickson believed that with every added transition, a human being would enter the next phase in a smooth or abrupt manner. The transition is dependent on whether the person is prepared for the next phase or not.... [tags: Family, Erik Erikson]
1970 words (5.6 pages)
- Erik Erickson’s Developmental theory is the development of a person’s ego identity. Erickson’s states “the conscience sense of self that is developed through social interaction” evolve a person’s ego identity. Erickson’s theory states that we go through eight stages and that in each one we face a conflict that can either be successfully or unsuccessfully resolved. If unsuccessfully resolved it could back later on in one’s life and cause emotional problems. This theory gives Psychologist developmental stages to work with; example a Psychologist would be able to go back to anyone of Erickson’s stages and pinpoint which developmental stage the person has unsuccessfully completed.... [tags: Erikson's Human Development Cycle]
430 words (1.2 pages)
- This class was the first opportunity I had to learn about the event planning industry. I knew that it took a lot to put together an event, but I had never fully realized how much actually goes into it. As a hospitality major, event planning is a necessary skill to have even though I do not plan to become an event planner. If I had the option to start working in this industry tomorrow, there would be several things that would either help or hinder me. The first strength I would bring to the event planning industry is my ability to budget and manage money.... [tags: Management, Event planning]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- My personal project will be a report on how to create an event on a budget. I will outline the importance of having an event budget in place as well as outline creative ideas in creating a successful event on a budget. Planning an event can also lack creativity so this report will cover creativity vs. budget in event planning. Marking Criteria • Outlines importance of having an event budget 5 MARKS • Illustrate a broad range of creative and innovative event ideas on a budget 5 MARKS • Outlines benefits and challenges of creating an event on a budget 5 MARKS • Outlining the importance of creativity in events 5 MARKS Our society is evolving at a fast pace.... [tags: Event Management]
2417 words (6.9 pages)
- Why you need to use a corporate events agency to run your event. Most likely, you must have by now included some corporate events into your marketing plans for this year. It could be a conference for your members; bonus day for the sales team; a stand at a national fair or maybe, a series of smaller workshops for your potential customers. You understand just how priceless they can be in attaining your marketing goals. Being an essential part in the marketing mix, corporate events can bring massive benefits to a business ranging from turning prospects into customers, generating brand new leads, and of course increasing sales from current customers.... [tags: Management, Event management, Pricing, Logistics]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- I always wanted to surround myself with knowledge and people that live and breathe event planning. My opportunity came at the 2010 Special Events conference in New Orleans, LA. The Special Event (2010) is the largest tradeshow and conference in the world for event professionals (2010, The Special Event). TSE allows attendees to make invaluable connections with thousands of key event industry notables and colleagues, experience education both inside and outside of the classroom environment, choose among over 100 relevant Conference Sessions and Training Workshops taught by hand-selected speakers, and discover thousands of event products and services on the Tradeshow Floor (2010, The Special E... [tags: event professionals]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- When tasked with the assignment of creating an event that correlates to University and fraternity values, ideas freely flowed in my head. Some were elusive, others were intangible, but hopefully the one I present today is both tangible and practical. As a youth, my parents, upon my request, sent me to a Jewish sleep away camp located in Missouri. This camp is a well-respected camp where young Jews go to grow as adolescents. When determining which activity would be best for Zeta Beta Tau (hereafter ZBT) and correlated to both UT and ZBT values the one activity that stuck in my mind was the ropes course.... [tags: Event Planning]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- When it comes to viewing the Communist Party USA, Schrecker has a fairly mixed opinion on them, but I believe she has a more sympathetic feeling as she spends more time highlighting everything that went wrong for them and why. She points out the good the Communist Party was doing once the Depression hit in the 1930s such as organizing neighborhood groups to prevent homelessness, rallying college students to oppose compulsory military training, forming militant unions of migrant laborers, miners, and textile workers, and would even send representatives to aid striking workers.... [tags: World War II, Communism, Communist Party USA]
965 words (2.8 pages)