Michael Jackson is a name that is known worldwide. People either love him or hate him, but no one has ever denied that he had talent. This sing songwriter became the King of Pop as he transformed the face of pop music and popular culture across the nation. He started out as the lead singer of the Jackson family popular Motown group called the Jackson 5 (Michael Jackson Biography, n.d.). From there on he began breaking numerous records. As a solo artist, he received multiple Grammys and Guinness world records. Right from the beginning he influences thousands changing the way people listened to music and culture. Michael Jackson changed the sound of music, dance, and fashion.
Starting out with the Jackson 5, Michael Jackson was young and lovable. He managed to capture everyone’s attention with his adorable looks and amazing vocals. The older he became, the more his sound changed. As he broadened his horizon, he started to combine a multitude of different genres. With pop, jazz, disco, and rock his tunes had a little bit of everything. Adding in plenty of high-pitched shrieks, squeals and "Hee-Hees" he found the sound that we all know and love (Rosen, 2009). Singers everywhere were following in his footsteps as they broke of their genres’ to explore different one. One singer in that comes to mind that has his high pitched shrieks and vocals would have to be Bruno Mars. With the sounds that he has made in his different songs you can defiantly see the similarities. It was once said that "If you 're a singer and you don 't want to be like Michael Jackson, something is wrong, “by rapper Sean Kingston (France, 2009). Looking at all the different artist today, you can always find some similarity to past artist. There are...
... middle of paper ...
...lot, just looking at some of the most recent with Bruno Mars “Uptown Funk” and Taylor Swift “Bad Blood”. They both had this that could be tied back to Michael Jackson with the storyline, the vocals, choreography, and fashion.
Altogether Michael Jackson was the real package with his sound, dance, and fashion. Grabbing peoples’ attention every which way with his wide range of vocals, his mesmerizing dance moves to his flashy outfits. It has been said that Michael Jackson was the most influential artist that this world has seen in a long time. Even though I never consider myself a fan of his music I can defiantly understand way. He has taught people to enjoy their work and entertain the audience. As Michael Jackson use to say “The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.” (Jackson, n.d.) And Michael Jackson was seen by many as a master at work.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Michael Jackson Michael Jackson is a name that is known worldwide. People either love him or hate him, but no one has ever denied that he had talent. This sing songwriter became the King of Pop as he transformed the face of pop music and popular culture across the nation. He started out as the lead singer of the Jackson family popular Motown group called the Jackson 5 (Michael Jackson Biography, n.d.). From there on he began breaking numerous records. As a solo artist, he received multiple Grammys and Guinness world records.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Michael Jackson is known for King of Pop. Jackson full name is Michael Joseph Jackson, he was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indian. Michael Jackson died June 25, 2009, in Los Angeles, California. Michael has a mother name Katherine Jackson and a father name Joseph Jackson. Michael was a singer, music producer, song writer, and a dancer, he also was married twice. Michael was married to Debbie Rowe, November 15, 1996, and had a divorce with her on October 8, 1999. He also was married to Lisa Marie Presley, May 18, 1994 and divorced her on January 18, 1996.... [tags: solo career, african american, singer]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- Anna Zito Samantha Kuenneke Aiden Pressler Michael Jackson Lifetime: King of Pop Section I: Early Life Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana, to an African-American average workers crew. His dad, Joseph Jackson, had been a guitarist however had set aside his musical yearnings to accommodate his family as a crane administrator. Accepting his children had ability, he formed them into a musical gathering in the mid 1960s. At in the first place, the Jackson Family entertainers comprised of Michael 's more established siblings Tito, Jermaine, and Jackie.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Jermaine Jackson]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- In the documentary “The Michael Jackson Story (1985-2009) BBC Documentary” it explains the life of Michael Jackson as a famous artist. Michael Jackson was born on August 29th 1958 and he is now a world known artist. He is also known as the “King of Pop”. From his early ages as a child to the day of his death, June 15th, 2009, he has inspired many other artists with ideas for music videos, music styles and even dance styles. During his lifetime, he faced many obstacles. Michael’s path towards fame was not very easy from the start.... [tags: Musicians]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- Michael Jackson, king of pop was an American singer, songwriter, dancer and record producer. His contribution to the music, dance and fashion industry was immense and he was a global figure so many people around the world. Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958 as an eight child of an African American family living in a small house in Gary, Indiana. He faced many hardships during his child such as being abused as a child, as his father confessed to being abusive towards him “ 'I don 't [regret the beatings], ' he said.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Known for his iconic dance moves and hit songs, Michael Jackson is one of the music industries’ most extravagant and prodigious legends. But was Jackson’s life really as spotless as a “Smooth Criminal” or is there more to his “Human Nature”. From his successful childhood in the Jackson 5 to his outstanding solo career, Michael Jackson endured problematic and morbid situations. Michael stumbled upon painkiller addiction after badly being burnt shooting a commercial. Michael Jackson, although famous, struggled with self-esteem.... [tags: Michael Jackson, the King of Pop]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- ... If we pay close attention to the lyrics of the song, we notice that Jackson opted to begin the song by having a group of Black youths chanting the line “they don’t care about us”, as though it was an improvised call-and response song (Rossiter, 208). Throughout the song, Jackson attacked the “futility and ignorance” behind the still-prevailing white supremacy and racial marginalization. Some examples of such attacks are “don’t you black or white me”, “I am a victim of police brutality” and “now I’m tired of being the victim of hate” (YouTube 2009).... [tags: notorious African Americans, the King of Pop]
1922 words (5.5 pages)
- Michael Jackson's Impact on Pop Culture What do you get when you add together 13 number one singles, 17 Grammy awards, and over one billion albums being sold across the globe since his first solo debut. As soon as the assignment was given and I found out it was going to be over pop culture of, course my mind went straight to the King of Pop himself... Michael Jackson. The true impact Michael had on pop culture may never be surpassed. Jackson has touched the lives of many through his music, his actions and so much more.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Ku Klux Klan, Music video]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, and raised in Gary, Indiana by Katherine Jackson and Joe Jackson. Michael Jackson’s parents had a total of nine children and he was the seventh to be born. His singing career initiated at the young age of 5 and was the lead singer of the Jackson 5. The Jackson 5 consisted of the five brothers: Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and lead singer Michael. They would play at local clubs and bars, however, fortunately, as their talent thrive, their audience expanded.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, La Toya Jackson]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Willis Wise Mr. Farris Rhetoric 1 November 21, 2017 Michael Jackson Michael Jackson "The King of Pop". Who was Michael Jackson. What did he do. Was he a bad person. Was he really as twisted as people said he was. These questions are often asked when people think of Michael Jackson. Today we are going to answer these questions. Michael was born on August 29, 1958. He was a best-selling American singer, songwriter, and dancer. As a child, Jackson became the lead singer of his family's popular Motown group, the Jackson 5.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5]
839 words (2.4 pages)