Leo Burnett, an advertising agency, partners up with Ontann Beauty Care (OBC) to create a new line of beauty products called Forever Young. The line had 2 different teams, one for Asia and one for North America. The Asia team produced for the market in Taiwan, while the team from North America produced for the markets in London and Canada. The team from Taiwan reported success with their campaign while the North America team had difficulties throughout the stages of the launch process. The poor performance in the Canadian market was due to the ineffective project management and coordination between the two teams from Leo Burnett. There was also a lack of a communication protocol between the team from Canada and the team from London.
Even though the process was not smooth, the North America team still managed to launch but had a terrible debut. The launch was considered to be “below standards” and was not even considered for a rollout into the US market. After the launch, the team dynamics have been slowed down and the relationships are strained. Further complicating matters are that a number of the staff from the companies has left without a notice which could jeopardize the stability of the Forever Young project.
OBC operated with a centralized global team strategy which allowed them to set a strategy for each product and define the guidelines for the local market to adhere to. Because Leo Burnett wanted to keep a good relationship with OBC, they decided to centralize all the decision making to the UK team, which was allowed to make all the final decisions in the whole process for the campaign. The global team was in charge of design and communication brands, which they then send to their satellite te...
... middle of paper ...
...e to work together in a more advantageous way. After bridging, the teams should recenter and then integrate what they have learned through the process in order to better their team chemistry.
The last recommendation which could work is to hire Tanya Yang from the Taiwanese market to help out temporarily with the North America team. It is proven that Tanya Yang is a great leader and might be able to help out with the organization structure of the North America campaign. It is also quite common for a company to place their star employee at a different location in order to help out and lead the troubling location. If Tanya can utilize similar techniques to how she did with Taiwan, the campaign will have a very good chance of being successful. If Leo Burnett and OBC follow these recommendations carefully, I have no doubt that they can become successful in no time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Define the Role of the Advertising Agency Examination of the strategic role of the advertising agency The strategic role of an advertising agency is such that these agencies can give an organization a competitive edge. The reason for this is that agencies have broad knowledge of entire industries. Advertising agencies often specialize in a given industry or industries that are related to the type of business in which a firm participates. Firms in the adverting industry also have access to some of the best printers, engravers, photographers, typographers, and other media people in the industry (Belch & Belch, 2012).... [tags: Advertising, Advertising agency, Marketing]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- I had the pleasure to interview Maria Casella. She is the Vice President of Marketing at Digital Advertising Agency. An advertising agency that specializes in the Hispanic market in South Florida which sells television spots and produces commercials. During our interview, she explained to me the process in which her agency understands their customers. We talked about their customers, segments and positioning, tools and processes to understand the customer, their challenges in market research, and my recommendations.... [tags: Marketing, Small business]
1646 words (4.7 pages)
- The product Simply Soap will be marketed and sold in the beauty product industry. The beauty product industry sells a wide range of beauty and personal care goods, such as shampoo, soap, lotion, and cosmetics (Beauty Industry Analysis, 2015). Well some Eco Friendly businesses base their marketing strategy on providing the lowest price to consumers; others focus on providing higher priced luxury products. Simply Soap will target consumers who are highly educated, and value the importance of specialized luxury soap.... [tags: Marketing, Cosmetics, Nature, Psychographic]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- Not long ago, a woman’s success was measured by the success of her husband and her domestic prowess. Today, a woman is presumed successful if she can emulate the standards of beauty portrayed in the media. Unfortunately, this subliminally enforced standard is unattainable to some women, regardless of the quality of their character. Let’s examine how western women went from being pioneering superheroes, to people who measure their worth against airbrushed photographs of impossibly beautiful women.... [tags: Beauty]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Market Research - Concept: Market research is the process of gathering, analyzing and interpreting information about a market. Managers from different firms can use consumer behaviour data to further develop and improve existing products to make it more attractive to the consumers or redevelop the products to increase revenue. - Reflection: As a firm, it is always important to gather information about what the market needs or want. The feedback loop is important for firms because a positive word of mouth can further promote the awareness of the firm with credibility.... [tags: Marketing, Management, Strategic management]
1999 words (5.7 pages)
- While employment agencies can provide the above benefits to companies and job seekers alike, not all agencies are necessarily the right match. Depending on the needs, either as an employer or the job seeker, different agencies might be more suited for you. Therefore, you want to pay attention to finding the right match. The process for finding the right recruitment agency doesn’t change much whether you are a company looking to hire someone or a job seeker looking for work. The main things to keep in mind are: Find an industry specialist It’s always a good idea to work with a recruiter who specialises in your industry.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Employment agency, Agency]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- Synthesis Essay #2 The definition of beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction. Beauty has negative and positive influences on mostly people. Beauty is described by the inside and outside of us. Due to beauty, our self-esteem has been hurt dramatically, especially towards girls. Beauty is not always about our outside looks but it’s about our inside personality also. First of all, beauty has negative and positive influences on about everything.... [tags: Beauty]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Direct marketing The definition of DM is very complicated but it is simply selling a product or service via direct advertising sent through the mail, and also via several Internet promotion methods. The direct selling method enables the consumers to bypass inefficient wholesale and retail distribution systems. Women who left business in order to have children is able to do part time business, and also a very attractive career for woman reentering the work force. According to the “Direct selling Assosiation”, 1,230,000 women engaged in direct selling in 19924.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- International Marketing of The Luton Development Agency The object of this report is to relate theories and principles of international marketing to the specific characteristics of the Luton business environment. Using the example of the Luton Development agency, relevant theories and issues can be applied in a realistic context. In order to do this a detailed analysis of the Luton business environment is required using a PEST (political, economic, social and technological forces) analysis among other techniques to identify and evaluate the environmental forces that may affect a business.... [tags: Papers]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Markering Introduction Steve Case founded America Online (AOL) in pre-Internet days when the networking of various computer systems was rather informal and difficult for all but the highly computer-literate to accomplish. His goal was to make accessing these networks easy enough for anyone to manage. Though AOL has changed dramatically since those days, ease of use has remained a primary consideration in all changes visible to the user. Much maligned by the more "serious" services (and their subscribers) in the past, AOL has risen to be the industry leader despite challenges and the image of being the J.R.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing BTEC Coursework]
576 words (1.6 pages)