To stay true to its mission, Starbucks must implement a marketing research plan that will bring about a clearer perspective to the ins and outs of its core customer for the proper introduction of the new “Coffee of the Month” program. The implementation of this plan requires Marketing Team A to analyze the proper marketing research tools to use for this project, including a comparison of the selected tools. Qualitative surveys, demographic research, customer research panels, and secondary data mining are the market research tools that Starbucks is considering for studying its new research project. Furthermore, Marketing Team A will analyze the most, and least, applicable research tools to use before moving forward toward unveiling its proposed “Coffee of the Month” Program.
The first marketing research tool that Starbucks could use is qualitative market research. Qualitative market research’s main focus is to assess the attitude of the consumer and to predict the consumer’s attitude toward the marketing strategy implemented. Qualitative market research is accomplished through surveys sent out over the Internet, mailed out, via the telephone, in-person, or intercept surveys. Qualitative market research is “an exploratory and developmental market research method” (Power Decisions Group, 2012, Qualitative Market Research). Qualitative market research is best used to quantify, measure, estimate, and segment markets. Generally this type of research is inexpensive for the company. In addition qualitative research has a fast implementation and turnaround time.
Next customer research panels can be beneficial. These panels consists of several individuals who ha...
... middle of paper ...
...ill provide insight into the customer’s wants and needs, specifically his, or her, thoughts on the new program and the lower price. As for data mining, results are available quickly and at low cost; this feedback will provide Starbucks with quick information pertaining to what purchases its customers make most frequently. Through Marketing Team A’s research data, Starbucks will gain a better understanding of its core customers’ wants and needs plus their past buying habits; with this information, Starbucks can move one step closer to revealing its new “Coffee of the Month” Program.
2010 census data. (2010). Retrieved from http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/
Aaker, D. A., Kumar, V., & Day, G. S. (2007). Marketing research (9th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Power Decisions Group. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.powerdecisions.com
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Market Research Implementation Plan: Research Tools Evaluation of beneficial research tools for the Yankee management in determining the directional goals for the organization will be the focus. Research tools yielding consideration will include primary and secondary research tools with contrast, and comparison of the tools assessed. The applicability of the selected research tools providing resulting of the most applicable tool and the least applicable tool. Primary Research Tools Primary research tools provide firsthand information related to the study of determining the fan support of proposed price increases to achieve a Major League Baseball (MLB) championship.... [tags: Business Administration]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Market Research Implementation Plan Use of market research concerning the Yankees organizations’ proposed increase in ticket, concession, and merchandise prices to enable the organization financially to obtain a Major League Baseball (MLB) championship team. An online secondary research resource is selected and applied to the marketing research implementation plan. Additionally, two of the four market research tools previously analyzed will be selected to develop two survey instruments. Recommendations of sampling procedures for implementing the survey instruments are also discussed.... [tags: Marketing ]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
- Market Research Implementation Plan Disney resorts currently exist in numerous locations across the world. In an effort to expand to South America, Disney must determine how potential customers, as well as locals to the Rio de Janeiro locale would feel about the new resort. Disney must utilize marketing research to make this determination, and the following discusses the four types of research methods Disney might use. Determining the research tools is an important step for the company because they are the ones that will be used to collect and analyze the data to determine the needs of the market.... [tags: Market Research ]
1945 words (5.6 pages)
- Market Research Implementation We have come to the phase that allows Team A to apply the research tools and implement a market research plan. Team A will review various marketing research tools that are available for researchers to use such as secondary research, secondary on-line research, exploratory research, nondirective interviews, and the Likert scale. Our secondary research is showing that consumers are demanding healthier menu options. This market research implementation plan will develop several market research tools; including questionnaires’ and the Likert scale to verify if McDonald’s consumers genuinely want and will purchase healthier menu items.... [tags: Marketing]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Marketing Research Implementation Plan II: Research Tools The Coach Company’s continued development of new categories further establishes the signature style and distinctive identity of the Coach brand. (coach.com, 2011). Therefore, Plan II of the marketing research plan will focus on the research tools that will be utilized. Team D will explore four different research tools. The research tools that will be discussed are mail surveys, web/internet surveys, personal interviews and focus groups. The paper will further compare and contrast the four research tools and analyze the applicability of the tools selected.... [tags: Marketing]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- Market Research Implementation Plan Former Starbucks Executive Scott Bedbury once said “Brands need to communicate that they are along for the ride. They are made of flesh and emotion. That they are made possible by people” (10 Quotes from Starbucks Executives, 2010, para. 6). Starbucks’ beliefs in customer service, community solitude, and a strong business core stretch far behind just a belief in a quality caffeinated product. “We make sure everything we do honors that connection – from our commitment to the highest quality coffee in the world, to the way we engage with our customers and communities to do business responsibly” (About Us, 2011, para.... [tags: Marketing]
2144 words (6.1 pages)
- Marketing Implementation Plan Kudler Fine Foods has designed a market research plan that includes using data collection tools to assist them in determining and improving their level of customer service. The data the company collects from the research tools will help determine a future marketing plan that appropriately positions their product and resonates and connects with the customers Kudler is trying to attract. Each of the tools selected will provide Kudler with insight into the customer behavior and opinions of Kudler’s customer base as it relates to customer satisfaction.... [tags: Marketing ]
1770 words (5.1 pages)
- Vision To be the market leader in healthcare products in the country and beyond through advancement in technology and innovation Mission We look after healthcare needs of our community by offering superior services at affordable prices and provide value to our customers through process and product innovation Core Values Integrity Leadership Innovation 2) Next, create an outline for a business plan by answering the following “nine questions every business plan should answer”: Who is the customer.... [tags: Strategic management, Marketing, Business]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- As the campus leader responsible for the planning, use, and supervision of curriculum and instruction, I, based upon the assignments in this course, would address the full range of responsibilities I would have and would be able to offer teachers a multitude of strategies to ensure that the curricula is challenging, relevant, taught, and tested. This role of responsibility would require comprehension of the various facets of education involving administration, educators, and most especially students.... [tags: Education ]
2106 words (6 pages)
- Thus far in the semester we have focused on many important topics. When reading the article, The Future of Cash: Should Marketers Plan for Mobile Payments. by Hal Cokick, we can identify three major topics that we have discussed in class. These topics include: target market, technological implementation, and market research. By referencing our textbook, Marketing 18th Edition by William M. Pride and O.C. Ferrell, we are able to fully understand the marketing process for this product. A Target Market, according to the textbook, is “a specific group of customers on whom an organization focuses its marketing efforts.”(1-1a) This is, in our opinion, the most important key connection between t... [tags: Marketing, Marketing research, Market research]
792 words (2.3 pages)