Muntrex Pty Ltd. is a private company directed by Noel Carter, a fully qualified Motor mechanic who specialised in heavy vehicles and diesel motors. Noel has over 25 years of experience in the mechanical industry and has owned and managed businesses since 1989.
Muntrex Pty Ltd was born in 1996 in Western Australia as ‘Carter’s Mobile Repairs’. Noel started as a sole trader, servicing the Perth Metropolitan area.
Seeing an opening in the market and given his company’s ability to maintain and service vehicles of all size vehicles, Muntrex then moved in to the road transport industry, in 2012 Noel founded ‘Mariam Transport’. Mariam Transport now has a total of 20 heavy vehicles, transporting general freight and vehicles.
Mariam Transport has now been in business for two years and has maintained financial stability due to excellent management and the security of ongoing work through large contractors. This financial stability is also due to the extensive experience of the director and the prior success of his businesses. The trucks have been purchased using approximately a 70:30 debt: equity ratio.
Mariam Transport transports all general freight including food, alcohol, clothing, building materials, electrical goods, hazardous goods and pharmaceuticals. Mariam Transport is currently contracting work from larger transport companies and also carrying out some transportation services on a private basis. Mariam Transport currently operates on a truck and driver ‘wet hire’ basis. Mariam Transport is currently providing these services to the Perth Metropolitan area, with the view of expanding from this base in the first 5 years of operation.
Above is the current market analysis, of...
... middle of paper ...
• More advanced software required to compete
It will be necessary to keep up to date with technological advances; software is constantly being developed to aid the transport industry. Such software can be expensive to keep updated and maintained. There is also extra man power required in order to efficient data entry.
• Increased internet usage
Heavy reliance on online marketing and the time and money associated with this is a key factor in almost every business nowadays. The costs associated with website development, mobile phone compatibility for all websites, SEO (search engine optimisation), and PPC (pay per click advertising) and the maintenance of all of the above are quite substantial and should be factored in to all budgeting.
www.tradingeconomics.com, accessed 1/5/2014
www.carbontax.com.au, accesses 3/52014)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the Hill Pty Ltd Case Analysis The purpose of the following report is to aid Over the Hill Pty Ltd in planning the direction that the company may want to go over the next few years. The report entails a financial analysis and summaries, which will give the executive board an understanding of how well the current managing director is performing, and whether his contract should be renewed. Figures were obtained from comparative balance sheets and profit and loss statements from the relevant years as well as additional information that was forwarded by the board.... [tags: Business Management Strategy Analysis]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction This report explores E-cigarettes. First, it introduces E-cigarettes, their market information, and their special characteristics. Second, the report will state their market structure, market competitions and government regulations. Then, the report will explain why E-cigarettes should be normal goods and how the suppliers could increase demand. Next, the report will analyse the development of this market, its opportunities for new entry and whether it is sensible to open a new business.... [tags: E-cigarette Market Analysis]
2318 words (6.6 pages)
- This report will focus on the area of Outline the ethical issues in Mr. Smith taking the trip, Benefits to Practical Solutions Pty Ltd of Mr. Smith making the trip, how might Practical Solutions Pty Ltd not favour Dogto Ltd by visiting Dogto in Los Angeles, Advantages and disadvantages of a Code of Conduct for Practical Solutions Pty Ltd and a Code of Conduct for Practical Solutions Pty Ltd. This report will also use multiple sources as evidence to provide the logical reasoning behind the analysis.... [tags: code of conduct, business analysis]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Customer and Market Analysis Customer analysis is the assessment of information associated with customer needs, habits, requirements, and market trends. This is usually completed in three phases, evaluating before, during and after the acquisition. These phases are typically accomplished through consumer focus groups, gratification measurements, and field-testing. Moreover, market analysis can be best described as a comprehensive examination designed to forecast or forestall the direction of stocks, bonds, and the product market, typically based on technical data.... [tags: Businesses, Market, Economy]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- Conducting A Market Analysis As an entrepreneur you will be coming up with a business plan for a product or service that you think is going to be a big hit, so where do you go from here. The first thing an entrepreneur should do is conduct a market analysis, which is an in depth assessment of potential target market, competition and need for a product or service. Conducting a market analysis also provides a realistic and honest assessment of the viability of your new idea. It also provides you with critical information and data necessary to successfully start and grow a business.... [tags: Market Analysis Marketing Business]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- Market penetration is where the company is the market leader and has the most share of the market. They do this by pushing their existing products into the existing markets. Product development is where they develop new products or modify existing products and put them into existing markets for example, coca cola has coca cola cherry, life, diet and zero. Market development is where they put existing products into new markets in the hope that they will sell, this could be in markets abroad or just different regions.... [tags: Marketing, Markets, Coca-Cola, Market penetration]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Business Analysis of Sydney Tower Restaurants Tourism Pty Ltd The purpose of this marketing plan is to outline the situational analysis, marketing objectives, target markets, market strategies and how to monitor the marketing plan of Sydney Tower Restaurants Tourism Pty Ltd. SITUATIONAL ANALYSIS SWOT ANALYSIS One component of a situational analysis is the SWOT analysis, which is an examination of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of a business. The following is a SWOT analysis of Sydney Tower Restaurants.... [tags: Papers]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- In 1979, Chipman-Union was a medium size company which primarily manufactured unbranded socks sold as private label merchandise. The market of socks in the U.S. was characterized by severe price competition and limitation of product differentiation. There were only two companies which manufactured branded socks, and companies except those two companies had 20% gross margins or below. To get higher gross margin, CU had to venture into new business branded socks. They began to investigate the marketing program for the new product, and recognized that there were not only valuable possibilities, but also problems they would have to solve before launching the product.... [tags: Business Market Analysis]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction This report will provide a market target analysis of Hanndia Pest Control Service Pty Ltd. Hanndia Pest Control Services, specialise in working with real estate agencies to manage white ant infestation of rental properties, by applying an environmentally friendly fumigation barrier. The main office is located in the Brisbane City council suburb of Calamvale, South Eastern Queensland, with a total of 20 employees. This includes the manager, field officers and administrative support. The purpose of this report is to identify the market target for Hanndia Pest Control Services.... [tags: Business Analysis Market]
1764 words (5 pages)
- 1. What competitive pressures must Oliver’s Market be prepared to deal with. What do we learn about the nature and strength of the competitive pressures Oliver’s faces from doing five-forces analysis of competition. Which of the five competitive forces is the strongest. The competitive pressures that Oliver’s Market must be prepared to deal with are the pressure associated with the market maneuvering and jockeying for buyer patronage that goes on among rival sellers in the industry and the pressure associated with the threat of new entrants into the market.... [tags: Business Analysis Market Strategy]
1751 words (5 pages)
- The Effects of Climate Change in the World
- China: Liberal theory – pursuit of cooperation over competition
- Millenial Development Goals: A Success?
- Kant and Causal Law in Pure Reason
- Humane Migration for Citizens Around the World
- Crime Statistics: the Ways They are Collected, Collated, Used and Their Effectiveness