Before anyone decides to become a fashion designer, they must consider the education that is needed to be a successful designer ("How to Become One"). The specific education that may be required by a future employer will differ depending on what they expect to be done ("Fashion Designer Career Working Environment"). A high school diploma is a necessity for becoming a fashion designer. Courses such as art or graphic design, home economics, mathematics, chemistry, and psychology are beneficial in the career of fashion design ("Fashion Designers" Encyclopedia). A student may decide to attend a postsecondary school upon their completion of high school ("Fashion Designers" Encyclopedia). However, neither an undergraduate or graduate degree, nor a certificat...
... middle of paper ...
... process of collecting fabric and creating them into samples ("Fashion Designers" Encyclopedia). CAD allows designers the ability to easily adjust a garment on virtual models while also being allowed to try out different colors on the design ("What They Do"). Shortly after a designer has come up with their idea and sample, they exchange the information with executives or clients ("Occupation Profile for Fashion Designers"). The designer and the client or sale representative then go on to arrange a meeting to showcase the designs at fashion shows or trade shows ("Occupation Profile for Fashion Designers"). Finally, the designers market the design to vendors or directly to customers. To finalize the production process, designers may choose to ship directly to the consumer, without having to invest in a physical shop to showcase their products lines ("What They Do").
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Elsa Schiaparelli, an extremely talented, Italian fashion designer, gave beautiful, curvy women a perfect glow with her shocking pink and ice-cold blue dresses. Schiaparelli’s name remains unknown to the world while a large amount of her overrated competitors receive much credit for little effort. Schiaparelli strived for success through her new inventions, her film wardrobes, her irresistible perfumes, and her unique dresses while still being placed at the bottom of the fashion totem pole. Schiaparelli was born in Rome, Italy and started her career as a script writer in the United States before she moved to Paris to begin her life as a fashion designer.... [tags: Fashion & Style]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- In life I want to become a fashion designer. My goals are to create clothing that is for all sizes, ages, and genders. In my clothing I want t show a creative side of my art ability and I want to make my clothing affordable for all as well. I think I influenced myself to wanting to become a fashion designer because I have a passion for art and wanting to become a fashion designer. I enjoy making sketches of clothing that one day will hopefully be available in stores all over. Fashion designing in my opinion is a way to express the unique side of your creativity, also fashion designing is a career that I believe I can achieve in so highly if I stay focused and continue to putting forth effort... [tags: fashion, career, ]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- People always ask me who my favorite designer is. I always find it to be a pretty impossible question. How can you choose between someone like Alexander McQueen and Channel, or what about the clothes I wear every day. I do not even know who designs most of those. I feel like there are too many designers with vastly different ascetics, yet, they are still so breathtakingly impeccable. So now, I choose Diana Vreeland. Although she did not design clothing, nearly her whole life was spent creating beauty and interest with a taste level that hit the sky.... [tags: designer, coco channel, fashion]
2042 words (5.8 pages)
- “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future “(Elegance par. 1). Chanel was a woman who was always seen wearing her own unique fashion. She would never be seen wearing something society would see as something a normal woman would wear; this made her unforgettable (Charles-Roux 5-6). In the beginning, Chanel was only known for creating and designing hats, but she would soon be known for so much more (Charles-Roux 91).... [tags: fashion, designer, orphanage]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- There are times in life when a fashion designer would like to launch their own fashion brand in the fashion industry. However, it does take up a lot of time and effort to make a fashion business run successfully because it is the result of making a fashion brand succeed. I know that starting my own fashion brand is going to be difficult. When I scroll down my Pinterest, I can see many of the fashion designer’s brand popping out with their new collections for the next season. I sometimes think to myself how amazing it would be to start my own fashion brand because I would get to have my own collections under my name and to live in my own fashion house in Milan where all of my clothes will be... [tags: Fashion, Fashion design, Fashion week, Milan]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Fashion is an essential part of everyone’s life, you can’t walk around naked, it’s a violation of the law. There are many different elements that go into the clothes you select off the racks at department stores and specialized boutiques. The selection process is an essential part of personal fashion. Ever wonder why when entering a beloved store in the mall all of the stores are featuring the same color pallets. How about the styles one will find on the racks. Where do these styles come from and who decides they’re the trend to follow.... [tags: fashion]
1907 words (5.4 pages)
- Every year, a new trend emerges that sparks a revolution. A revolution that not only gets rid of the old but brings in the fresh new thing. All across the globe, trends constantly change and the average appearance of a human being is never the same year after year. Celebrities, stylist, weather, and even technology influence these trends. Overall, just about anything can influence a trend to start. And the change of clothing will result from it. This trend or change is clothing is called fashion.... [tags: Clothing, Fashion, Fashion capital, Shorts]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Section A: INTRODUCTION Fashion industry is always the topic that draws attention of every people of us at anywhere and anytime. Everyone becomes so familiar with fashion that he or she thinks that fashion is just simply a fashionable and sophisticated style. However, life in a modern community is far more controlled by fashion industry than many people realize; it affects not only clothing, but almost every aspects of our daily life. When many people think of the fashion industry, they often think of the association of four main areas such as: retail, manufacture, design and advertising.... [tags: Fashion]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Coco Chanel once said, “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street; fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” (Karbo, 2009). Fashion, according to the famous designer is a lifestyle, a part of our everyday life, something that is not limited to tangible things. Some would share this opinion; others would disagree. How then should fashion be definitively defined. According to the Cambridge Dictionary, fashion is widely accepted as a “constantly changing popular trend”, especially in the style of clothing.... [tags: Clothing, Fashion, Trousers, Haute couture]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Fashion was culturally formed, and there is a close relationship between art and fashion. The first designer who had his label sewn into a garment he created was Charles Frederick Worth (1825-1895). In the 1840s, adult women adopted a variation on girls' pantalettes as an undergarment. (Toccata: March 2010 toccatamundi.blogspot.com Pantalettes, sometimes indicated major transitions in a girl's life signifying the going forward from infant to schoolgirl. From 1350 to mid 1500s, real fashion started to appear, as clothes were tailored to display the figure.... [tags: Fashion Designers, Art, HIstory]
1808 words (5.2 pages)