Within the small 3-5 person group of teachers at the center, I walked in a novice following those with more experience than so I could learn. After a few short months, I stopped into a lead teacher position that directed over the other teachers in the center. Starting as a follower and moving into leadership so quickly showed me during this time that I showed great leadership qualities.
Showing qualities through my abilities, creativity levels, classroom control, and overall ability to work with young students. Having organizational skills held a part in my moving into the leadership role so quickly. Creating a bridge between the morning and afternoon teachers to help them better work together and correlate their lessons to make smoother and easier transitions.
The life group I attended, I defiantly was a silent follower. Even with being raised in the church all my life, I have always had troubles speaking about the bible with others. I know many things about what the bible states, general knowledge, but translations through different people vary. Also being surrounded by so many people who know so much about the bible and see things all the same way was intimidating. I tend to shy away f...
... middle of paper ...
...ve or leadership skills equal or stronger than mine. Taking a step-back and assessing each situation properly will help me achieve and create a more positive outcome in these skill areas.
Using the Life-group to look on and seeing where I know my strengths lie, but also seeing where improvements can be made was overall a great experience. Though the group for me was awkward and difficult at times, I made it through. Something to possibly do in the future through another church someday. Learning to control anxiety and go with the flow of events makes smoother rides. Knowing that we all can’t be leaders all the time, I enjoy the many other positions that my life does offer. I enjoy being in a lead position and having authority over actions and plans, but taking the backseat and following isn’t bad either. A person can learn a lot by just watching others. I know I did.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I attended an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at Grace Church in Norton. I had actually been to this church during high school with a friend. This church is very open and welcoming. They host several 12 step meetings such as Narcotics Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon. On Tuesday nights the group is called A Way Out. It is an open forum. They also have a Big Book night on Sundays where they read from The Big Book of AA. There were 10 people there including me and the chairman. There were 4 women, including myself and 6 men.... [tags: Alcoholics Anonymous, Alcoholism, Alcohol abuse]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- On Saturday, October 17th, I attended the Shabbat morning service at Touro Synagogue. The service was held in the main sanctuary for the Bat Mitzvah of Jessica, a young woman from the congregation. The service was guided by Rabbi Alexis Berk and Cantor David Mintz, but it was primarily led by Jessica. Rabbi Berk offered words of wisdom while Cantor Mintz used his exquisite voice and guitar skills to lead the congregation in singing of the hymns. Jessica took command of the service by reciting prayers in Hebrew and offering a reflection based on her intensive study of the story Noah and the flood from a Torah scroll.... [tags: Torah, Judaism, Jewish services, Shabbat]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- On 7th November, 2015, I attended a concert performed by Mission College Symphony Orchestra. The concert started at 7:30 pm in Mission Santa Clara. The piano soloist is Gwendolyn Mok. Gwendolyn Mok is currently the coordinator of Keyboard Studies at San Jose State University School of Music and Dance. She began her career at the Juilliard School of Music and completed her undergraduate degree at Yale University, and State University of New York at Stony Brook, where she gained her Doctorate. From there she went on to win several piano competitions.... [tags: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Music]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- As I reflect on my childhood, my mind is flooded with pleasant thoughts. I have been fortunate to have many more wonderful memories than unhappy ones. I attribute the joy in my life to my strong faith in God. Faith has been an essential facet of my life and I find the longer I live, the more deeply I am rooted in my relationship with the Lord. I am blessed to say my parents have been happily married for forty-seven years, and they have always provided a stable family structure for my sister and me.... [tags: Family, Love, Marriage, Personal life]
2053 words (5.9 pages)
- Everyday Life Well five hundred years ago, we lived a totally different life style. The period connected with the time in power of Queen Elizabeth I (1558–1603) that is often careful to be a golden age in English history, have focused mostly on the lives of the era's wealthy upper class. Queen Elizabeth I she ruled England over five hundred ago. She was the daughter of King Henry VIII. The queen had an evil sister named Mary, who always tried to get her in trouble and also embarrassed her. She was very popular monarch people loved her so much.... [tags: life styles of the past]
678 words (1.9 pages)
- Group work perspective I believe that the group work was effective. I do not think that an individual alone can accomplish this work because groups can be more creative and productive than individuals working on their own. This group project helped me farther develop a host of skills that will be important for me in the professional world. We were able to break the tasks into steps and parts, give feedback to each other and we got to finish the work more efficiently. In addition, I was able to use group work to my advantage to achieve more than what I can get done on my own.... [tags: Higher education, College, Learning, Education]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- On September 27, 2016, I attended a special future teacher’s event sponsored by UIndy’s Kappa Delta Pi Education Honor Society. The event itself was held from 7-8:30 pm in Schwitzer 010 and consisted of a panel of five women. These individuals were teachers from various grade levels across the multiple Indianapolis school districts, ranging anywhere from three to thirty-three years in experience. After taking the first twenty minutes for introductions, the women began discussing the first of three questions that were asked at the event, talking and reminiscing in a very relaxed, conversational style.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Pedagogy]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- What I did While Your Children Attended High School My education began formally, with lunch boxes and purple ditto sheets. I was set free when I was seven -- not just from the school building, but from the notion that I could learn only what was given me to learn, when the powers-that-were deemed I should learn it. Since then, I have been the power-that-is, designing my schooling around my own interests. (The audience is much more receptive this way). That's not to say I've avoided subjects crucial to a well-rounded education, but if I wanted to spend six months studying the Arthurian cycle, I did; and if I wanted to race through algebra as fast as my calculator could compute, I did... [tags: Personal Narrative Essay Example]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Today the student nurse attended a Clinical rotation at Innervision, a behavioral healthcare organization in Charlotte, N.C. While there she was able to participate in psychosocial rehabilitation group discussions and be present at a Substance Abuse meeting. The Substance Abuse meeting offered the student a real life experience in a group therapy setting for consumers of the program. She observed and noted group characteristic of the Substance Abuse meeting, including member involvement, group type, goals, behaviors, and a synopsis of the topic.... [tags: Behavioral Healthcare Organization, Rehab]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Youth Group Friendships Friends are important for people to get through life. They can help with personal problems and are good company. Friends make people feel calmer, more relaxed, and can help take the focus off of stressful tasks. A nice place to find good friends is a youth group. I started attending a youth group of an upscale church in southeast Michigan on a regular basis after finishing my freshman year of high school. I had been going to that church on Sunday mornings since Kindergarten.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1954 words (5.6 pages)