Born in San Francisco in 1955, Steve Jobs was adopted and raised in two towns in California, Cupertino and Mountain View. He attended Homestead High School, and afterwards he momentarily attended Reed College in 1972 before dropping out. After dropping out in 1974, Jobs traveled to India, deciding to study Buddhism. Then in 1976, Steve Wozniak, one of his closest high school friends and him invented the Apple computer in Jobs ‘parents garage. Shortly after, they gained fame for their creativity and a year later they invented the Apple II, one of the first highly advance personal computers. Four years after the Apple II was sold to the public, the Macintosh computer was released. Then after leaving the company, Steve Jobs was later on requested to be the CEO of Apple Company and he successfully led the com...
... middle of paper ...
...that his information is correct. Subordinates can also identify with Jobs, due to his mission in creating devices that people love and use on their daily lives. Since he was the CEO of the company, he did hold legitimate power and had all authority to take charge of the organization. This would then give him reward and coercive power as the CEO. He is able to reward subordinates with appraisal, or monetary recognition and he is also able to hold subordinates accountable through disciplinary actions and fines.
There are potential limitations to this study. First of all, we analyze the traits of Steve Jobs to a transformational leader and the success of Apple Company. However we do not analyze the consequence of high demands of productivity through Steve Jobs leadership style. Further studies should focus the impact transformational leadership has on health.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This became a nation’s outbreak and sent the Apple charts over the top. At this very time Apple became the most bought phone and Computer Company in the world. They were unpredictable. It left the people thriving for the newest invention and asking “What will be next?” Before the Apple Company was a part of the technology family, society was not adapting to the new “high-tech computers. They were used to computers that were not quick and their size was unforgivingly big and bulky. Apple showed the world how great technology can be and how the Apple Company changed the world.... [tags: invention, business, technology, phone]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- From Iphone 6s to the airplane, patent is common in the daily lives of people. What are patents. In modern society, short-term patent usually be awarded to the sovereign state of the application of the exclusive rights field. As the inventor of the new invention, he or she will be able to apply for the invention of their time in exchange for the public and the details of the patent for a limited period. This is all about new, useful and non-obvious method, machine, article of manufacture, or there is a solution to a particular technical problem, if nobody said that some people had invented.... [tags: Patent, Invention, Patentability]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- In our society, there are many kinds of works; teachers teach students in the school, government officers help govern the whole country, and lawyers work in the court for the justice. How about inventors. What do the inventors do. Inventors usually do the invention for human being’s better lives even though they have to face with failures and challenge during the way to success. In their process of invention, a process about engineering and product development, they use their creative minds trying to solve the problem people meet with everyday; although they may be fail to solve the problem at their first try, they still keep optimistic doing the experiments again and again.... [tags: Patent, Invention, Patentability, Thomas Edison]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- In today’s advanced world that we live in, we could hardly see ourselves not getting in touch with mobile devices. It first started with a cup of coffee and we will spontaneously slip our phones or tablets out for online free newspaper in the morning, checking the traffic before our journey, sending e-mails to clients, having conference calls and many other features. Tablet, the all in one device that we hold everywhere we go. The purpose of this paper is to observe the popularity of tablet brand between Apple Ipad and Samsung Note.... [tags: Apple Tablet, Samsung Tablet]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Apple Inc.: The Company of the Future Apple Inc. went from rags to riches in becoming the largest company in the world by market cap and making $108 billion in 2011 (Heather). Apple Inc. was an underdog and Microsoft was ruling the technology world. Then Apple made the iPod and the iPhone and with that they took over the technology world. Apple sold one million iPhones in the first three months of releasing of the first iPhone in 2007 (Heather). Since the beginning of Apple, Apple’s inventions have affected America.The invention of Apple's products have greatly impacted Americans by enhancing education through the inclusion of iPads in schools, paving the way of the smartphone industry wit... [tags: market, steven jobs]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Apple and Microsoft are the two major super powers of the computing industry, from the creation of operating systems, stylish designs of devices, to the re-invention of the computer. Each company has their own ideas of the perfect computing device, and much of the consumer base for each company can agree or disagree with either company’s opinion. Coming from a Best Buy employee and always providing the best possible advice to consumers, the common argument is which company and devices created are better.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft Windows, Apple Inc.]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Concordia Institute of Business. National institute of Education. Assignment of Marketing Management (BUS 651) On Marketing (Apple iPhone6) Diploma in Business Management (level 7) Specialization in Information Technology Submitted To: David Cooke Submitted By: Paramveer Singh, Level 7(Diploma in Business Management Specialization in IT)... [tags: IPhone, Apple Inc., IPhone OS, IPod Touch]
2091 words (6 pages)
- Our product will be an extension to the apple industry; it 's a new innovation that will provide a faster way to transfer the magical moments to your social network and phone. This product will retain more photos than any other camera. There is no need for editing because the camera will have a high resolution which will immediately resolute the picture, and if the high resolution isn’t enough for you, then the camera will automatically have editing features. Many are selective in the color of their devices therefore there will be a selection of colors to choose from, aluminum, black, space gray, silver, gold, and rose.... [tags: IPhone, Apple Inc., IPhone OS, App Store]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Did you know that the Apple computer started in someone’s garage. Many people do not know how it all started. Today, Apple Computer Incorporated, formerly known as Apple Computer Company, dominates the technological industry with Mac, iPod, and iPhone sales. Apple had its best ever quarterly revenue of $1.58 billion dollars in 2008 (“Best Quarterly Revenue” n.pag.). The brilliant minds of Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs led to the inventions of the Apple I and Apple II computers, which revolutionized the computer industry of the 1970s and 1980s.... [tags: Information Technology, Steve Jobs]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- The Apple Macintosh and its Signifigance with American Consumerism There have been many inventions throughout time that have changed the course of consumerism. The printing press allowed us to consume newspapers and information at a significantly higher pace than ever before. The industrial revolution changed the way we consume energy. But the single invention that might have changed consumerism the most is the computer. Ever since the modern computer was invented in the 1970’s, consumerism has gone digital.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, Consumerism, IPhone]
964 words (2.8 pages)