Government careers are the most sought careers of all times. The variety of occupations in the government sectors is extensively wide. Government careers provide stability to the professional life. The competition for these jobs is very keen.
3. Qualifications Required
4. Other necessary Skills
5. Place of Work
6. Job Opportunities
8. Job Progress
9. Employment Forecast
Government careers are the most sought careers of all. This is because; these careers provide a stable professional life to the people. They offer security and steadiness. Though the compensations are lesser than in the private industries, the additional allowances and benefits provided by the government are numerous. The state and federal government both comprise a variety of departments that offer a large number of employments. This leads to a keen competition for these career opportunities.
The tasks of the officials in government careers depend on the department they work for. There are various categories and sectors in which the government works. The primary categories are the federal level government, state government and the local government. These again have various departments like security, welfare, administration, management, health, hygiene etc. The basic or general tasks of the officials in government careers would be:
• Understanding the functions and requirements of the job they are selected for
• Devoting necessary time and energy
• Meeting deadlines and fulfilling responsibilities
• Working in coordination with the senior and junior colleagues
• Officials on honorary posts like mayors, governors, bureaucrats must main...
... middle of paper ...
...dards in the government areas to promote an employee. As they complete certain years of experience, training, qualifications, or project based work, the wages, designations and allowance are raised. From clerical levels, the employee can get elevated to positions of officers provided they exhibit the eligibility in qualifications and performance.
The forecast for government careers is promising. However, the competition in this area incessantly goes on getting keen, as the number of vacancies is far lesser than the number of applicants for the same. The candidates must be very well qualified and possess expertise in the relevant skills. The selection for the government posts is a stringent process. The aspirants must clear up the qualifying entrance examinations and tests with thorough preparations in the relevant streams and subjects.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I propose that all unsigned rising artist should target the business side of the music industry to be successful in the entertainment business because it allows the artist to be taken seriously and make solid connections that can further his/her career. Learning the works of the music industry also enables a new artist to be further successful and profitable. Recent studies show that most new artists without professional representation and a business mindset have a slimmer chance in getting signed to major or independent labels (Lowry, 2011).... [tags: Music]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- ... If a health care provider ever did this, that would be a strict violation of that teen’s rights (Alford 2). Not to mention that only providing sex education based on the religious ideas that people should wait until they are married to have sex is blurring the line between church and state. Almost twice as many conservative Christians support abstinence only sex education versus the other Americans. Eighty one percent of these Christians think that sex before marriage is wrong. Seeing as not everyone is a Christian, an educational program supporting only this “moral standard” is not logical in today’s society.... [tags: abstinence, contraception, health]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Throughout my life I had a strange fascination with the “ins and outs” of WWII; whether it is the uniqueness of the plane designs or the bizarre decision that the United States almost decided to paint Mt. Fuji red after the attack on Pearl Harbor. My Grandfather never would talk about the actual war part of WWII. He would however tell me about all the beautiful women that he met while he was stationed in France. He would also talk about rations. When he would make a sandwich it always consisted of the strangest of things.... [tags: Nuclear weapon, World War II]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- The Ins and Outs of the Computer Abstract The computer that we use in our homes and places of business usually consists of a box containing the computer, a mouse, a couple of disks with drivers, a monitor for output and a keyboard for input. We may connect the computer to any number of local or remote peripherals of other computers, but here is the foundation of the computer. It is here that everything starts, and here is where all of the innovations and ideas of the present day have been started.... [tags: Computers]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- The Ins and Outs of Cancer Cancer has affected the lives of each and every one of us alive today. Many people have know someone with cancer, yet even those who haven't have been bombarded with constant reminders of its terrible threat. Although cancer is often referred to as a single condition, it actually consists of more than 100 different diseases, all characterized by the uncontrolled growth, reproduction, and spread of abnormal body cells. All of these diseases are individually unique, yet the basic processes that produce cancers are very similar (Ruddon, 1995).... [tags: Papers]
645 words (1.8 pages)
- ... However, if you purchased your home via the “right to buy” scheme your charges may be a little different. In such instances you won’t pay any more than the same rate you paid when you initially purchased your home (inflation dependent). Additional costs Before charging you additional fees your freeholder is legally required to inform you beforehand, this is all the more relevant when they are going to be carrying out expensive work. The following is what would qualify as expensive: - Work that costs more than £250 per flat - Services (general repairs, gardening or cleaning) that cost £100 or more per flat Don’t accept the freeholders word for any repairs that are set to take place, they... [tags: maintenance, lease, costs]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Internships are positions providing students with practical experience. The department can offer internships to students as volunteers or for academic credit. Departments employ interns during the school year and also in the summer. Students can earn work experience by participating in an internship. Interning in a field of choice will stand out on a students resume and help them with their job search after graduation. Participating interns gain on-the-job training that integrates education, career development and public service, while agencies hosting interns benefit from the contributions of creativeand innovative students.... [tags: experience, opportunities, connections]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
The Importance of High Ethical Standards, as Explained by Eric Wahlgren in The Ins and Outs of Ethics
- The Ins and Outs of Ethics is a Business Week Online magazine article from May 13, 2001, it was written by Eric Wahlgren. In the article he interviews Michael Rion, the author of The Responsible Manager. Rion is also a leading business ethics advisor who consults many Standard and Poor’s 500 companies. In the article Wahlgren asks Rion why it is important for businesses to have a high ethical standard. In his responses, Rion explains that effective organizations utilize ethics programs to clearly define ethical expectations, resolve ethical issues quickly, and to remove moral constraints.... [tags: business, moral, leaders]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- an even larger system of systems. This is not to say that systems imply order. Nor do the terms “systemic” or “systematic”, although they are frequently used to suggest exactly that. Quite the opposite. There is an incredible amount of chaos that occurs at every scale, in both natural and man-made systems. Systems of any kind can be unpredictable, and take on a life of their own. One glimpse at the juggernaut of bureaucracy that is the U.S. federal government demonstrates this nicely without having to spend another breath proving the point… I’ve been lucky enough in life to have been thrown into situations where it seemed I was always forced to reverse engineer a wide assortment of systems... [tags: Natural, Man Made, US Federal Government]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- Good Ol’ Southern Food: The Ins and Outs of Preparing a Southern Feast There is just something about Southern Cooking, something about the women who’ve mastered it, and something about what it represents. A Southern Feast represents time spent in careful preparation and an almost entire region of people that didn’t get the memo about cholesterol. Southern cooking brilliantly displays a community that still remains untouched by at least some of the craziness in the world around us. Things move a little slower in the South, and one of those things is the cooking.... [tags: Recipe Process Description Essays]
2040 words (5.8 pages)
- Executive Puzzles and Games as Promotional Products or Gifts
- The Role of Women in Australian Society During World War II
- Desk Operations: Overview
- Can a Lack of Physical Education Classes in High Schools Become a Future Threat to the U.S Life Expectancy?
- Summary of Riordan Manufacturing
- Detroit: The Fallen City