Essay PreviewMore ↓
Information Technology Ethics
IT Professional is a publication (Keith W. Miller 2009), it is such like book publication, it also has copyright problem, plagiarism problem, and many problems like book publication, so, to be the Professionals, they must act like the book authors to solve these problems. In aspects of IT, the side of ethical problems are including advice on how professionals can recognize, analyze, and make judgments on challenging questions about right, wrong, and computing. Computers have become essential tools of modern humans, regardless life, entertainment, education, work, and business are related with computer. Computer impact on human society very much. So knowing the Information Technology Ethics is very important to everyone, because it is useful to everyone who lives in this age.
There are many unethical IT problems, such like receiving spams on the email, this problem puzzles many people, because this kind of email could make a lot of space unavailable, many spams’ content are not suitable for children, some spams have virus inside, and many problems of spams. And the other thing is malware, it is like the trap, many people download it, and they do not know it has bad influence of their computers. The worst thing is called virus, there are many kinds of viruses hide in websites, email, software, and many kinds of thing in the computer, the best way to prevent the virus is to install Antivirus Software, but sometimes, the virus can still go into the computers.
IT is important thing of many people, regardless of now, and future, because it has substituted many things or it includes many things. So people have to learn and understand what is IT ethics, because of that, they can know more about the IT, and they can protect themselves to use it smarter.
Medical Records and Software Trust
Many hospitals used paper to record everything in the past, nowadays, they change to use computers to record. Medical software can record many things, such like the patient history, information, and many things, it save a lot of time to record this kind of information. So this kind of the software must be reliable, because it recorded a lot of patient information. So the secrecy of the software must be high, because it has to protect the information of the patients, so if the software is broken or the information outflow than the hospital will be sued by the patients or not be able to operate.
How to Cite this Page
"Information Technology Ethics." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Mar 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The reading that was investigated consisted of an article from Dr. Rochelle Brooks entitled “The Development Of A Code Of Ethics An Online Classroom Approach To Making Connections Between Ethical Foundations And The Challenges Presented By Information Technology”. Brooks (2010) studies the ethical challenges that are prevalent in the Information Technology (IT) field. Furthermore, Brooks (2010) examines how workers in the Information Technology filed should have lucid ethical policies to adhere to along with taking an in-depth look at how as a society we can be proactive in eliminating ethical dilemmas by early education of our young adults.... [tags: Information Technology]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- Ethics in Information Technology Technology Department Technology is in many ways very beneficial to our society, but in what ways can and/or will this fast growing business be unethical. This article explains the power and information that an IT personnel has in the business world. Most people think of the IT person as someone who comes to fix their computer when they can't figure out their e-mail. But what does an IT person have access to. Every business is different and has different responsibilities required for the IT personnel.... [tags: Technology Ethics]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Information Ethics The paper addresses theoretical and practical aspects of information ethics from an intercultural perspective. The recent concept of information ethics is related particularly to problems which arose in the last century with the development of computer technology and the internet. A broader concept of information ethics as dealing with the digital reconstruction of all possible phenomena leads to questions relating to digital ontology. Following Heidegger's conception of the relation between ontology and metaphysics, the author argues that ontology has to do with Being itself and not just with the Being of beings which is the matter of metaphysics.... [tags: Technology Information Ethics ]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Look back just 10 years ago and it would easy to identify specific technology missing that we currently use in our everyday life. More specifically, Information Technology exists in every aspect of an individual living in the developed world. With the acceptance of Information Technology in our lives, modern man must learn to balance the good and bad that comes with it. In addition, how we respond to it and our attitudes must be fluid and change just as rapidly as the Information Technology does.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Information technology, Data]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- CAN-SPAM Act -2003 “The CAN-SPAM Act, a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations” (Fingerman, 2004). Information technology and internet introduced the term Spam; irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients. But any irrelevant and unclear information distributed in bulk by any sort of media can be considered as a spam.... [tags: information technology, messages]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- The reading that was investigated consisted of an article from Dr. Rochelle Brooks entitled “The Development Of A Code Of Ethics An Online Classroom Approach To Making Connections Between Ethical Foundations And The Challenges Presented By Information Technology”. Brooks (2010) studies the ethical challenges that are prevalent in the Information Technology (IT) field. Furthermore, Brooks (2010) examines how employees in the Information Technology filed should have lucid ethical policies to adhere to, along with taking an in-depth look at how societies can be proactive in eliminating ethical dilemmas by educating our young adults.... [tags: Information Technology]
1802 words (5.1 pages)
- Ethics are the moral principles by which we govern our lives. Ethics are an important part society because without them the general population that we call society would behave no better than the general population in prison. With this said, Ethics in computing and information systems are the behaviors that are considered acceptable by users and the functionality of the system being used. The information that passes through an information system must be handled ethically to ensure the safety of the user and sensitive information.... [tags: privacy, storage, technology]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- The problem to be investigated is how information technology has changed the way society perceives ethics; how information technology can be used ethically, and how to develop a code of ethics to alleviate many ethical issues. Information Technology: Social Perceptions The internet is a relatively new phenomenon; society has not yet recognized the huge social impact that information technology has had and will have in the future. Within the last decade there has been a steady mass migration of people from around the world who have embraced the digital environment.... [tags: Information Technology]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- The area of Information Systems ethics has received a fair amount of attention in recent times. IS Professionals generally agree that we need adequate ground rules to govern the use of present day Information Technology. We have also recognized for many years the need to incorporate ethics into IS curricula. Current mechanisms which attempt to make IS professionals and students more sensitive to the ethical concerns within IT and IS may be too tightly focused in terms of both issues and audience, especially in the light of the rapid proliferation of Internet use.... [tags: Technology Internet Papers]
4052 words (11.6 pages)
- The Ethics of Information Systems Introduction Information systems in their simplest forms have always been a part of business. With the increase of technology, business information systems are expanding and becoming a more intriqet part of how business is done. Companies count on information systems to support their business decisions and operations. Along with this increasing role comes the questions of ethical actions. Taking this into consideration this paper will cover what information systems are.... [tags: Morals Technology Essays]
2248 words (6.4 pages)
There are many situations that make the software unsafe or broken, such like hacking, some hacker like to steal and sale the personal information or some of them hack it and put these personal information online, so the software security is very important. And another situation is that the patient information has been deleted, there are one situation that can make the patient information to be deleted, and the one is virus, some virus can delete the computers’ information when it come into the computer, and some of the virus can also steal the patient information, so Antivirus Software is very important.
In conclusion, the medical record software helps the hospitals a lot, relatively, it also has risk to make the patient information to be not safe or disappear. But compare with recording by paper, it is a better way to record the patient information, so this kind of software must change to be stronger of security system in the future, than the hospitals can trust this kind of software more, if the security problem to be worst, the hospital may use back the old way-recording by paper in the future.
Social Networking Marketing
There are many popular Social Network, such like Facebook and Twitter, many people like to use them to make friends, play games, and blog, regardless of old people or young people. Some of the people are not only to use it for making friends or anything, they use it to do business. Nowadays, many people also use Social Networks to do business, they are really convenient to do business, because they do not need any money to be rent, and many people use them, so there are many different kinds of customers online everyday, they do not need to worry about the customers.
But social networks are not for everybody, and must be handled with care. The bulk of users on those websites are teens and young adults. And they are web savvy. Trying to take advantage of them with regular marketing techniques will not work, and may even backfire with a negative backlash. So how to use them is important, the businessman can create a club in the Social Network, they can post the products’ photos online and let the customer see that is good or not, and other way is to post the advertisement on the wall and ask their friends to share the information on their wall.
There are many people do business on the Social Networks, many people are successful, but there are also many people fail, it depend by the ways to run the businesses, successful people got the good ways, so they can make it successfully, but the fail people are still finding the ways to be successful.