There are a few terms that need clarification before moving forward into the paper. To begin, the term “career” has multiple meanings. “When my mother took her turn to sit in a gown at her graduation, she thought she only had two career options: nursing and teaching. She raised me and my sister to believe that we could do anything, and we believed her” (Sheryl Sandberg). When discussing careers, it usually refers to having employment or someone’s everyday job. A career is special and it takes a lifetime to settle into. This piece will discuss the different aspects of careers, which are being a parent and teacher. Being a parent is a full time job, and one doesn’t receive payment for being a parent, but it still has its rewards like any other job. A parent’s role deals with the child’s moral...
... middle of paper ...
...makes my theory so significant compared to others. My meaning of life is meant for a single person, but it can help everyone.
The meaning of life is to have a career that teaches lessons to a younger generation. This piece has proven why my theory is correct, and I know there can be many more. I want the reader to take a few gems out of this paper. First, the younger generation is our future and we should cherish them. Next, we have put them on a better path in this world, and that relies on the parents and teachers. Lastly, this theory is meant to make a make a better world for everyone. While many others have their view on the meaning of life, this mine and I stand by it. “Everything will eventually come to an end, so try to savor the moment, cause time flies, don’t it? The beauty of life, you gotta make it last for the better, Cause nothin’ lasts forever” (Nas).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Admit it, if you had the opportunity to go back in time to smack your younger self in the face you would. It would be a dream come true, just to be able to look directly into the eyes of the little fifth grade version of yourself and then take a huge front hand swing right to the side of the face. I’m getting excited just thinking about it. The younger versions of ourselves were stupid and we did embarrassing things. By going back in time and leaving a big red mark on your own child like face, you would be doing your younger self a favor.... [tags: proud, past, consequences, change]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Making mistakes is part of learning. I hear that a lot, but reflecting on your mistakes and how you got there is far more important. This ensures you do not repeat them. Over the course of the semester, I have made a lot of mistakes. I realize this and have drastically improved how I process information given to me, and reconstruct it into a flow of words to create my essay. I have certainly become better at integrating transitions into my essays, along with adding more explanatory sentences following a quote, and finally adding more to the introductory part of my essay to help the reader understand the context.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Explanation, Essays]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- It is often said you learn most from the mistakes you make. You learn what you did was wrong, and usually suffer the unerring consequences. Last summer I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I spent the night at someone’s house I wasn’t supposed to and lied about it to my parents. I had been going to this person’s house for a while, maybe 3 or 4 months, and every time I would lie about where I was going. I am still not sure why I felt the need to lie, maybe I was scared about what they would think.... [tags: Debut albums, Thought, Lie, 2008 singles]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- allow them to learn from others’ mistakes and see the world from a different perspective. Growing up surrounded with technology gives teenagers a blurred view of reality by not seeing the important things pass by. Mark Bauerlein states, “Maturity come in part, through vertical modeling, relations with older people […] who impart adult outlooks and interests […] showing that the authentic stakes of life surpass the feats and letdowns of high school and college.” (Bauerlein, 136). If teenagers have someone that they can talk to and be given advice by, they can learn valuable lessons and live their life knowing that although they might make mistakes, they can always learn from their experiences... [tags: Gang, Los Angeles, Mara Salvatrucha]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Don’t Make These Common Diet & Fitness Mistakes You should congratulate yourself if you’ve made the decision to start transforming your body and health. For the process to work the most efficiently, you need to device a proper diet and fitness plan. The best way to get started with your plan is to learn about the mistakes most people tend to make and to ensure you avoid them like doughnuts and the couch. Common diet mistakes If you are looking to lose weight or just create a healthier you, then your focus should first be on fixing the diet.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Obesity, Weight loss]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- The prompt talks about how we have made mistakes in the history of religion in the United States. The prompt also talks about how we should learn from these mistakes in order to prevent from making the same ethical mistakes that we made in our history. The prompt asks for the information to draw from pluralism. I feel the best way to start out this paper would be to define the world pluralism from Albanese. She defines it as, “the free existence of many faiths.” (Albanese pg. 11) I think this is where our country made a mistake.... [tags: Islam, Religion, Muslim, Religious pluralism]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- I was taught "you learn by doing". Everyday, I roll up my sleeves and find new ways to be better, not only at my career, but at my personal and family life as well. My statics professor was always treating the class like it was his own miniature engineering firm. Our work had to be clear and precised, no excuses. Most of us got major point deducted if our details was messy or unclear. We never understood why he would be so unreasonable. Then the real world came into the picture. Most of the time you drawing for yourself and never really looking at from someone elses presective.... [tags: Color, Primary color, Technical drawing, Light]
701 words (2 pages)
- In Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson's book, "Mistakes were made, (but not by me)" Travis and Aronson explain why humans feel the need to justify themselves when they make a mistake of fail, and why a phenomena know as "Cognitive dissonance" according to the authors, "The engine of self-justification". In short, "Mistakes were made, (but not by me)" should be read by everyone because Tavris and Aronson prove their argument cogently, they have an effective writing style, and their ideas reflect issues from the wider world.... [tags: Cognitive Dissonance, Self-Justification]
1467 words (4.2 pages)
- The gods must be crazy. Strange pollen is in the air. Like Mr. Dylan said, 'The times, they are a-changin' '. What has it been, thirty years since he penned that line. What has changed. America, as a whole has wallowed in the pitfalls of it's own failures and mistakes for so long that we can't seem to break through this bad habit. Sitting here in out artificial pride and patriotism as we go out on the limb of World War Three. We tap dance on the landmines of world dominance. We are not in control anymore.... [tags: essays research papers]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- I Have Learned to Accept My Mistakes The influences that have shaped my identity are my parents, who always taught me right from wrong. Who were always there for me even though I may have disappointed them at one or more times in my life. Although, I had to quit college after only attending one semester because I got pregnant my parents were still there to guide me and support my decisions. I am a good thinker because I have grown to be honest with myself I have learned to accept my mistakes and learn from them.... [tags: essays research papers]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Sexual Assault On College Campuses
- The Impact Of Universal Design For Learning On Students With Learning Disabilities
- Comparing Filippo Brunelleschi And The Renaissance Era
- The Ethical Implications Of Cloning Extinct Endangered Species
- Social Issue On Racism, The Telephone Conversation
- A Relationship Between War And Economics