As a baby, there was something different about Jordan, but her parents thought it was a phase she would grow out of. She was an intense baby; she did not adjust while to new circumstances, she easily would become upset, and she was hard to comfort. Her parents did not think much about her behavior, they assumed that all babies are different and that Jordan was just going through a phase. Still, as Jordan grew, she continued to become easily upset and difficult to comfort. She began to have major separation anxiety, so severe that when her mother left the room she would scream until her mother returned. Yet her parents thought, this was just a phase, child have separation anxiety at a young age, they thought. Beside this, Jordan was a loving child at times. As a family the often had many great times together. ( Salters-Pedneault...
... middle of paper ...
...on a one-on-one basis, between the individual and the therapist, or in a group setting. The group setting teaches individual how to interact with others and how to express themselves. (Borderline personality disorder, n.d.)
No medication has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to help treat borderline personality disorder. However people with this mental illness are are treated with medication in addition to the psychotherapy. (Borderline personality disorder, n.d.) Often times mood stabilisers or antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to help with mood swings, lessen psychotic symptoms, and reduce impulsive behavior. (Borderline personality disorder- cause, 2012). Antidepressant and antianxiety drugs may be used during the individual treat, but should be appropriately, these drugs help in managing depression, anxiety, and aggression (Grohol, 2007).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At every level of basketball there are players that have shined on and off the court, this is true for two exceptional players like Michael Jordan and LeBron James. The debate over these two marvelous athletes and who is the better of the two, has divided sports fans since LeBron earned his first Finals Championship. For many years Michael Jordan has been seen as one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. Michael Jordan was first drafted into the NBA by the Chicago Bulls as the third pick in the first round of the NBA draft of 1984, after finishing his college career at the University of North Carolina.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Many people who watch or play basketball always argue who is the best of all time, or which basketball player is better than the other. And the most two basketball players that get compared with each other is Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. Both of these two players are exciting to watch when they are on the basketball court. Taking a closer look into both of their careers you can see major similarities but you can also see where both of them have their different paths. Even though they both make the basketball world a better place the real question that needs to be answered is who is better.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- In an amusing, lively fictional memoir, "The Worst Intentions" from Alessandro Piperno, thirty-three-year-old narrator, Daniel spends just over three hundred pages describing the confused fortunes of the disturbed, odd Jewish-Italian Sonnino people specially describing father and sons relationships which lacks in communication, social pressure of remaining prestigious part of society. The book begins with Daniel’s description of his grandfather, Bepy, the charmingly insincere head of the Sonnino.... [tags: Piperno Worst Intentions Father Son Relations]
1966 words (5.6 pages)
- ... When Jordan started to win championships and league wide MVP’s, Nike began making a signature shoe line named “Jordans” branded after the basketball great. While Jordan kept winning on the court, his shoe line expanded, and Nike was on its way to introducing a total new brand called “Jordan.” The brand’s logo is a photo of Jordan flying through the air as he attempts to dunk a basketball. This image is best known as “Jumpman.” The Jordan brand is still produced by Nike, but it has started to become as big as Nike in the all types of endorsements throughout all sports.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- December 21, 1891- The birth of basketball. It has been changed from simply shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket to dunking a seven pound, leather ball into an iron rim. In the early years of the game, basketball was not as popular as other sports. In the 1985 NBA draft all this would change with the emergence of a 6'6" basketball phenomenon from Wilmington, North Carolina. Although going third in the draft, he recreated the game and is known as the best player to ever touch a basketball; he is Michael Jordan.... [tags: Basketball Michael Jordan]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time “The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.” (Jordan, 1). In the world of Robert Jordan’s bestselling fantasy series, "The Wheel of Time", the life of the ordinary people has been undergoing some extraordinary changes.... [tags: Robert Jordan Wheel of Time]
6164 words (17.6 pages)
- The novel, The Raging Quiet, written by Sherryl Jordan, portrays the ignorance, suspicion, and prejudice that people feels towards other individuals who have done nothing wrong except for committing an unforgivable crime of being different than the rest of the society. Upon arriving in Torcurra, the protagonist, Marnie, finds herself an outsider in this remote seaside village. Alone in this place filled with unwelcoming villagers, Marnie befriends with two other people, a local priest and a madman named Raven.... [tags: Jordan Raging Quiet Book Review]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Will the Environment Heal Itself. The environment will heal itself, all right, but humans should worry how. The population explosion is causing damage at a faster rate than the earth's ability to recover, and the damage threatens to become permanent. Furthermore, when an expanding population meets shrinking resources, the results are starvation, poorer health and pitched competition for survival. Among other resources, the world has reached its limit in crop harvests, and is declining in animal species, rain forests, top soil, fish stocks, and fresh water.... [tags: Environmental Problems, Environment Pollution]
2424 words (6.9 pages)
- A Critical Analysis of Michael Jordan and the New Global Capitalism In the history of business, there has been a clear record of industry heads finding something or someone as a mainstay and bedrock for their respective companies or corporations; there is often a chief product that keeps many businesses afloat, even in the rough times. Apple found it's own in 2001 with the iPod. McDonald's has had the Big Mac since the late 1960s. Nike, however, found their goldmine in a person with Michael Jordan.... [tags: Michael Jordan Capitalism]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Jordan, Hashemite Kingdom of I. INTRODUCTION Jordan, Hashemite Kingdom of (Arabic Al Mamlakah al Urdunniyah al Hashimiyah), kingdom in southwestern Asia, bounded on the north by Syria, on the east by Iraq and Saudi Arabia, on the south by Saudi Arabia and the Gulf of Aqaba, and on the west by Israel and the West Bank, an area previously held by Jordan that has been occupied by Israel since 1967. The area of Jordan is 89,556 sq km (34,578 sq mi). Amman is the capital and largest city of Jordan.... [tags: essays research papers]
820 words (2.3 pages)