My house is located in Hampton, Virginia, which is a large city compared to the small country town I grew up in. Although there are some areas in Hampton that could use improvement, there are also many nice areas spread throughout the city. I am fortunate to have a home that is located in one of the nicest areas. There is easy access to many local amenities that make it a joy to live in this great city. I have been able to experience much of the local culture, including exciting festivals and a great variety of cuisine, since I moved here 2 years ago. I have also made some friends in my community that I hold very dear. These friends are always willing to lend a hand to someone in need and they have been a very positive factor in my life, constantly encouraging me to do things I did not think I would be capable of doing. I am so thankful that I live i...
... middle of paper ...
...very project that I have undertaken I have done to the absolute best of my ability and the outcome has been surprisingly picturesque.
My favorite place in the world is my home and not because I am a hermit who dislikes going out. My home is in a perfect location that is filled with opportunities and excitement of which I take full advantage. From the beautiful exterior and welcoming street to my tile entryway, it all adds to the ambiance of having stepped into a perfect home. Not just having stepped into any perfect home, but the perfect home for me; exactly as I desire it. Each and every area displays my handiwork and the pride I take in that work is what makes me feel so empowered when I'm in my home. Oliver Wendell Holmes once said "Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts" and as a homeowner I now believe that wholeheartedly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Although there are some areas in Hampton that could use improvement, there are also many nice areas spread throughout the city. I am fortunate to have a home that is located in one of the nicest areas. There is easy access to many local amenities that make it a joy to live in this great city. I have been able to experience much of the local culture, including exciting festivals and a great variety of cuisine, since I moved here 2 years ago. I have also made some friends in my community that I hold very dear.... [tags: the American dream, my dream, my home]
693 words (2 pages)
- Home is the heart of heart. Home is a feeling. It is where all dreams and struggles begin. It is not just a solid shelter, but a collection of smiles, tears, and memories. It is where we live our ordinary life, extraordinarily. For instance, my introvert nature reaches its fullest extrovert nature when I reach my home. Maybe because it is one of my safest castles where I am known and understood wisely. The members who are honest, supportive and loving make me feel even more special. A school where culture and habits are learned, home is a zone of secured comfort and a symphony of love and affection where our childhood passes.... [tags: Emotion, Love, Psychology, Life]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- One’s childhood plays a vital role in shaping a person’s life. One’s home environment shapes a person throughout their entire life, and a stable home life makes a person feel safe and shapes who they are. Many clichés exist describing the home such as, “the home is where the heart is,” and I tend to agree with this perspective. I have been extremely blessed my whole life with an incredible and loving family and stable home life. We all can get caught up in today 's society with being unsatisfied because we want bigger and better, but my parents have really worked hard to help me appreciate what blessings we have been given.... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, English-language films]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Home is where the heart is for local cricketer An extended trip abroad can often result in a mild state of depression on return, but in George Bacon's case it couldn't be further from the truth. Jordan Rowson finds out exactly what it is that makes home life so special. Opportunities to experience other continents rarely come around often, but for George it has been part of the package of what he likes to do best. George Bacon, 21, as a young cricketer looking to lift his sporting career off the ground, has travelled to different corners of the world in order to gain valuable experience.... [tags: Australia, travel, sports]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- Have you ever heard, “Home is where the heart is”. What if you could dream up and create a home. Home is a safe place, and it’s the place you go when you seek comfort. I’ve imagined my dream home and I know exactly what it will look like. I’ve always wanted a comfortable, spacious, and creative house that reminded me of my childhood dreams. This house full of vibrant colors, new electronics and massive furniture will be so comfortable you’ll never want to leave. My future house will Have giant couches that will make you feel as if you were a baby cub lying next to your momma.... [tags: English-language films, Rooms, Game, House]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Market Analysis Introduction Sacred Heart Medical Center Home Care Services consists of Registered Nurses, Medical Social Workers, Speech/Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Home Health Aides whose goal is to support patients in our community to stabilize or improve a short-term or chronic health condition. In addition, Home Care Services may provide assistance that will prevent or delay hospitalization. The Home Care Services objective is to collaborate with community agencies, physicians, patients, and their families to facilitate patients remaining in their homes ("PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Home Health," 2016).... [tags: Medicine, Health economics, Health care, Hospital]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- In the times when people were acting violence, out of control due to the great depression and many people losing their jobs all around the United States, two brave person; Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin brought hope to the people. Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin founded the Catholic Worker Movement. After both having a spiritual awakening Dorothy Day became a catholic and along with Peter Maurin they both decided to found the Catholic Worker Movement to inspire others, and bring peace to the nation and if possible to the world.... [tags: Church History ]
2167 words (6.2 pages)
- Home is Where the Heart Is There is a familiar saying, which is along the lines of, "Home is where the heart is." This is true for most, but often, people are forced to leave their homes and relocate. Often, this causes a sense of uprootedness and confusion. One's most precious memories are often left behind. Confusion results from the loss of familiarity and a sense of having little or no ties to a new place. Sometimes, the changing of homes may be quite devastating, but eventually overcome or in the worst case, the uprooting could cause a lifelong disappointment and result in a loss of feeling of a sense of belonging which is a key to living a full life.... [tags: Environment Lake Nature Essays Papers]
2088 words (6 pages)
- I was first introduced to the scenic, exotic, and, unpredictable city of New Orleans as a seventh grader in middle school, at the young age of thirteen-years old. Going on a decision made by group majority, we settled on exploring the city for a weekend on a trip we made from our basecamp in Biloxi, Mississippi, our home at that time. I first traveled to the Gulf Coast from Boston, Massachusetts during the month of June, for three weeks. We were on a mission trip to help rebuild, gut, and or clean whichever home or field we were sent to after the disastrous Hurricane Katrina had caused ruin through the region, however, not that weekend, that weekend was for appreciation and sightseeing.... [tags: new orleans, woodwrights]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Despite an employee’s heart felting requests to work remotely from home (telework environment), many government supervisors continue to resist allowing employees to telework. Many working adults/employees seek ways for a better quality of life. Work life integration involves juggling long work hours, minimizing commute time to the workplace, obtaining career positions with competitive wages, maintaining quality time with family, participating to social and network events, giving their time to community services, and some may return to school for a higher education or additional degree.... [tags: Federal government of the United States]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- An Inside Look at TWA Flight 800
- Othello and The Duchess of Malfi,’ Deconstruct and Challenge the Sexism of Jacobean Society?
- The Individuals and Movements that Made the Civil Rights Change Possible
- The Hunger Games: Annotated Bibliography
- The Shining Path
- Quality of Health Care and Services for the Mentally Ill in Prisons