How should the community wash their hands? These are the steps to properly washing hands. First, wet hands using clean and running water, either warm or cold water. Turn off faucet/tap and apply soap. Then, lather hands. Rub both hands together with soap, making sure the back of your hands is also lathered and between your fingers and under nails. Then, scrub both hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. Rinse hands under clean and running water. Last, air-dry hands or use clean cloth or paper towel.
What if soap and water is not available? With the use of hand sanitizer if hands are not visibly soiled or not contaminated with blood are effective. It kills germs most of the time because it contains alcohol. Although, hand sanitizers are an option, it will not eliminate all types of germs and bacteria.
There are many hand washing studies conducted around the world. The purpose of every study is to determine if hand washing with th...
... middle of paper ...
...shing decontaminates hands and prevents cross transmission of diarrheal-causing pathogens. The promotion direct approaches such as training and education to the individuals and communities about proper hygiene, diarrhea transmission, the relationship between the germs and health, through brochures, leaflets, posters, drama, and songs.
Every study conducted around the world preventing transmission of illnesses through hand washing was successful. Evidence-based practice confirms this as we follow the steps to properly wash hands using soap and water. As we practice healthy behaviors, the lives of people in the community are protected and saved in every part of the world. Continued education and spreading awareness are very important interventions we all have to pass around locally, nationally, and countries around the world through the use of prints and online.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Love is not simple or easy. The kind of love that will last over time and overcome each obstacle it brings is actually a fair amount of work. In the film Valentine’s Day there are all different kinds of love and some of them thrive while others fail by the end of the day. All these different relationships present an opportunity to analyze how different aspects of communication help people find love and make it last. The relationships we view in the film vary from young to old in both the ages of their participants and the time they’ve spanned over.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Marriage]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Do you also want to decorate your cakes to make them delectable but are restricted by your limited creativity or skills. Cheer up. We now bring these super simple and easy cake decorating ideas to chase away your woes. Important tricks and tips before you start decorating - One of the most important cake decorating tips is to trim off the top of a cake with a serrated knife to make it level. Next is to cut the cake into layers horizontally. Spread a layer of jam, whipped cream or icing between the layers.... [tags: Process Essays]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- The focus of health care is and has always been, practicing good hygiene, living a healthy lifestyle, and having a positive attitude reduces the chance of getting ill. Although there is not much prevention we can take for some of the diseases but we can certainly practice good hand hygiene to prevent infection and its ill effects. Research proves that hand washing is surely the most easy and effective way to prevent infection in health care. The question for this research: Is Hand washing an effective way to prevent infection in health care.... [tags: Hygiene, Hand washing, Health care]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Knowing how to wash clothes in a washing machine is an essential skill we should learn. Before you start you should first understand how your washing machine works. Every machine is different, so it is important to read the instructions on your machine before doing laundry. Most machines have their instruction on the inside of the lid for quick access. It is common among washing machines to have three dials, temperature, load size, and wash type. These three dials will be used during the process of washing clothes.... [tags: Laundry, Clothing, Washing machine, Dry cleaning]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Why is correct hand washing considered deviant. Children in first world countries are taught from a young age that proper hand washing will protect them from germs and the spread of disease (Lather Up For Good Health, 2010; Handy Saves The Day In Your Pre-School, 2014; Scrubclub.org, 2007). It ingrained into the minds of preschool children that one of the most important ways they can prevent contamination is by washing their hands with soap and water. Hand washing is therefore considered to be one of the only forms of defence against disease.... [tags: Hygiene, Hand washing, Washing, Bathroom]
1680 words (4.8 pages)
- Websites not only provide us with a quick and easy way to look up facts these days, but also it can be used as a way of learning through a combination of visual, verbal, as well as a contextual way of gaining knowledge about certain information. This knowledge could pertain to one thing or it could pertain many different things. No matter what it is that you are using websites for, things such as easy access, pictures, menus, and search toolbars should all be clearly shown from page to page and easily accessed for their users.... [tags: Web page, World Wide Web, Website, Thing]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Anna Letitia Barbauld's Washing Day In "Washing Day" Anna Letitia Barbauld has done what Romantic poets can do best. She writes of an event that occurs periodically in every-day life, but she elevates the washing day chore to a challenge of epic proportions. Barbauld views the experience of wash day from the perspective of the woman she is and the child she was. At all times she is the poet who relates the Muses' song as a medieval minstrel might. Her skillful use of irony and hyperbole allows this poem to convey to contemporary readers the same humor and insight that an eighteenth-century audience would have appreciated.... [tags: Washing Day Poem Analysis]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- The invention of the washing machine (as a designed object) along with other household technologies, created more work for the everyday woman in the 1900’s. In this paper I will explore the Theoretical and historical significance of gender in the use, and creation of the washing machine, and the capitalistic gain that followed. Insight into the overlooked critical design of the washing machine will help explore the creation of the modern housewife, and the environmental implications in this historical design.... [tags: Laundry, Washing machine, Clothing, Clothes dryer]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- An Explication of Washing Day One Source Cited The poem Washing Day by Anna Letitia Barbauld illustrates two different points of view of the events that are happening on washing day. The first view is how the people surrounding the author feel towards the chores to be done that day. The second is the view from the author when she was a child, observing all that is happening. The idea of the poem is to bring to the reader's attention the joy and innocence of childhood, while at the same time noting the importance of the events of the day.... [tags: Washing Day]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- In John Updike’s short story “A&P”, small town New England life is teeming with a whole lot of nothing. Sammy, the man who tells all, seems very uninterested in his job as a check out boy at the local A&P, yet very interested in the people who shop there. He uses his boredom as a vehicle of his imagination that allows him to pry his customers open and expose their true selves. Updike’s Sammy shows himself as an observant, critical and very bored young man through his first person narration.... [tags: essays research papers]
656 words (1.9 pages)