The purpose of this experiment is to determine the durability of various types of weave bonding techniques and freeing the hair follicle of the left of residue it may leave that causes long term affects to contribute to the world of hair being that many women of today’s society enjoy the beautiful, full natural looking hair. Over the years weaves and/or hair extension have become quite popular. Why wait years to grow your own hair when you can go out to your local beauty supply store and buy some? The methods of adding extension to natural hair, omitting race and/or ethnic background include the most common fusion, glue bonding or sewing. Along with these magical hair growth spurts, hair damage sometimes plays a part in the after effect of temporary beauty. A study by Ali N. Syed has revealed certain types of hair damage that include Cuticle Loss and/or Erosion, Longitudinal Rupturing, and Fibril Disintegration. In conclusion the scientific concepts related to this experiment are the various ways the hair cuticle, follicle, and/ or shaft can be harmed and potentially protected and nourished with human influence and/or control.
Hair Make-up and Effects
What is the anatomy of the hair shaft?
A strand of hair is more than just a simple strand of hair. The hair shaft is quite complex with various parts and layers. There are two separate structures within a strand of hair. These two structures consist of the hair shaft and the hair follicle. According to Brannon (2006) the hair follicle has a “stocking-like structure” and this tiny structure has multiple parts surrounding it with each holding its own job. At the base of the hair follicle is dermal papilla the function of this base is...
... middle of paper ...
Syed, A. (n.d.). Hair damage: its causes, prevention, and cures. Hair damage: its causes, prevention, and cures. Retrieved February 3, 2014, from http://www.dralisyed.com/hairdamage.pdf
Tarran, J. (n.d.). Is Hair Glue Hazardous To YourÂ Health?. BlackDoctor RSS. Retrieved February 5, 2014, from http://blackdoctor.org/4089/is-hair-glue-hazardous-to-your-health/
Tox Town - Benzene - Toxic chemicals and environmental health risks where you live and work - Text Version. (1929, January 14). Tox Town - Benzene - Toxic chemicals and environmental health risks where you live and work - Text Version. Retrieved February 5, 2014, from http://toxtown.nlm.nih.gov/text_version/chemicals.php?id=5
What is hair made of and how does it grow?. (n.d.). What is hair made of and how does it grow?. Retrieved February 4, 2014, from http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/hairgrowth.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If you are like many people, you may feel that hair removal is a hassle. Even waxing does not last very long, and it is painful. Creams, and lotions give results that last longer than using a razor, but not much longer. They are also messy, and they make it quite easy to miss a spot. Razors get the job done, but only for a short period of time before you have to do it again. Razors also often result in bumps, and painful ingrown hairs. Another option is laser hair removal. You may be wondering whether or not laser hair removal is worth it.... [tags: Hair, Hair follicle, Hair removal, Waxing]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- . Do you think people express themselves through their facial hair. Picture you walking down a busy downtown street, admiring the well-dressed people. When one of the coolest things came into view. A gentleman with a Van Dyke, which is a type of goatee, appeared in the view. That’s when a fascination with facial hair begun. There are many types, shapes, sizes and also colors of facial hair styles. With that being said, people do express themselves through their facial hair. Should jobs make new employees shave or even trim facial hair.... [tags: Beard, Facial hair, Shaving, Moustache]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Hair loss treatment for women helps to regain their confidence, attractiveness and self esteem. Hair loss may begin with few strands of hair on the hair brush or on the pillow and may proceed gradually to baldness in some cases. However, women are luckier since it is of rare occurrence among women. While most men, losing their hair line may become totally bald, women mostly retain their hair line and have diffused thinning hair throughout the scalp. Hair loss results in the loss of one’s confidence and image.... [tags: Health]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- Hair plays an important role in our well being. Hair loss can affect both the social and professional life. Herbal hair loss treatment provides beneficial effects to your hair and scalp. There are few herbs that help to encourage hair growth and reduce hair loss. Herbal remedies are inexpensive, safe and easy to procure. Herbal hair loss treatment: Aloevera: This has been in use since centuries ago. Rubbing aloe vera helps to make your hair healthy and thick. It is an important herbal hair loss treatment.... [tags: Home Health Care]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- It's a known fact that hair loss affects both men and women. No one is immune from the effects that the loss of hair can inflict upon us. Doctors are finding out that there are many reasons why this happens. Here a few of them but are not limited to: Heredity factors Stress Medicine after effects Aging Disease Hair care Lifestyle Diet Along with each of these reasons there are expensive programs that people pay out large sums of money to combat this problem. Some programs are expensive others are not.... [tags: stress, medicine aging]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- ... Emotional effects that can occur is depression, anger, or stress. Stress can be another reason for hair loss. An average head of hair contains 120,000 to 150,000 hair strands. Every day each person sheds about 80 hairs or more plus the intentional hairs lost. From being stressed out, some people begin to rip their hair out. There are many methods of attaching the extensions onto the hair. Hair extensions can be glued, weaved, clipped, braided, or bonded. One method is called the braid and sew method.... [tags: hair extensions]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- ... The highest risk of such side effects is from cancer treatments, including chemotherapy. Nutrition: Poor nutrition, such as being on a strict weight-loss diet, can cause your hair to become thinner. When your body does not receive enough vitamins, minerals and other needed nutrients, it will not be able to grow new hair and keep them healthy as efficiently as before. Studies show that deficiencies of iron, zinc, protein and general malnutrition can make your hair fall out faster. Stress: People of various professions are used to working under constant stress.... [tags: website, answer, loss, drug, advice]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- What is prejudice. Prejudice is defined as an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. There are various types of prejudice. For example, the most common ones are race, financial situation, such as lower, middle, and upper classes, and ethnicity. Another type of prejudice is when someone is judged strictly by the way they look. One firm example would be men having long hair. To many people, this type seems eccentric; however, it is more typical than presumed.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Summary: If unwanted body hairs are bothering you, undergo laser hair removal procedure. Isn 't it satirical that there are countless folks around the world who wish to find all the possible the solutions for growing hair on their head, while there are others who are endeavoring to find effective therapies for removing hair on their body. Sure there are short-term solutions around that confiscate hair for a handful of days, but what most females are after are permanent hair removal solutions. One option accessible in the market is full body laser hair removal in Delhi, but there are many questions fencing this treatment that many want to be answered.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Laser, Obesity]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Hair Gel Brylcreem (brill-cream) was created in 1929. It was also invented at the Chemico Works in Bradford Street in Birmingham. Brylcreem was the first mass-marketed men's hair care product. Its purpose is to keep combed hair in place. The shiny look it gave to the hair was also fashionable for a time. Other substances, including petroleum jelly, were in use for this purpose earlier. During this time Brylcreem had the jingle which was "Brylcreem A Little Dab'll Do Ya" which was introduced to the TV viewers at that time.... [tags: Business Management Studies]
674 words (1.9 pages)