First of all, great-grandmother Abena was not just an ordinary woman. She was talented, adventurous, friendly and joyful person you will ever meet. When grandmother Abena was younger, she traveled around the world serving her famous cuisine to workers in isolated places. There were any cars during so she walked by foot crossing broader to broader entering into other lands. She would take two weeks trip to other natives land and sell food to the people who were living or working there. Sometimes when her food is finished, she would stay longer, and cook to them. She was always trying new things and going beyond your limit. She got the kindness of heart that loves giving and helping people anyway she could. When people come to her in the market where she sells her goods, they do not have money to buy the food, she would give it to them for free and would tell them not to tell anybody else. Her neighbors loved her generously and she how always seem to have an answer to every problem. Because she traveled several times, she always have a good story to tell her children when...
... middle of paper ...
...nally, it came to the point that was have hided the death of her from her because when she heard about the new of someone she knew, she could cry out and say “What can that be me and why can death come for me ?” Two months before she died she started tell me that my father was coming for me to take my sister and I to some place new. I thought she was talking crazy again and I the reason I said that was seeing and communicating with the death. Sometimes she would say things like” We are hungry or we need more food.” When it was her time to die, she did not know. It was normal day like any other day, we were visited to wedding, three hours later we got a call that she had died, and we rushed home immediately. We were sad that we did not get a chance to say our goodbyes. We were happy that she finally got what she wanted for so long. My great-grandmother is at peace.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I do not think I have ever publicly talked about my childhood much. Only recently has God allowed me to begin to share my experiences growing up. It has never been easy to speak about certain things, and other things I simply cannot remember. I have tried, but I believe what the old cliché says…that God protects fools and babies. Not sure which of the two I have been, from one time to the next, I am just glad He does. Not everyone can handle hearing hard things or are mature enough to digest your testimony.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
1918 words (5.5 pages)
- The Art of Racing in the Rain is, by far, the best book I have ever read. The story takes place in Seattle, Washington. It is told completely through a dog’s eyes. This special dog, Enzo, is adopted from a small farm in Washington when he is just a puppy. His view of life is interesting; Enzo only has gestures. He cannot communicate like humans can. Life is very humble and simple through the eyes of a dog. Enzo’s beloved owner, Denny, is a very talented racecar driver and works at a high-end car garage.... [tags: Garth Stein novel analysis]
630 words (1.8 pages)
- Grandparents are your best of friends, and the most kindness person you would ever meet. They love and care about their granddaughters very much. Children enjoy spending time with their grandparents because they are full of stories and always seem to have candy or cookies with them. Children are always excited about their grandparents visiting especially on holidays and birthdays. They hoped that one day they would see their granddaughters grow up and make a difference in the world. In the long run, their life was turned upside down, and they never get to see that day come to pass.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Death, James]
1413 words (4 pages)
- World War Two really was the greatest war ever. Who could forget about the brave soldiers that died ever so gloriously. What about the way that we went from the worst economy in American history back to relative economic normality. And most importantly, how could anyone ever forget about the unity that arose on the home front from this foreign crisis. World War Two did have its glamorous points, but we must never forget about some of the horrors that emerged. The citizens of the United States of America have a distorted memory of the war and this has led them to a misleading legacy.... [tags: The Best War Ever]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- Grandparents play a major role in a child’s life. When children do not have the emotional support they need from their parents, they turn to their caregivers, the “Grandparents”. The era of the baby boomers has changed drastically. Grandparents are not as nurturing today as they were decades ago. However, there are some modern grandparents today, which share the same values as those of the prior decades. My children have the pleasure to have met both their maternal and paternal grandparents. Although, they have several grandparents, they are very close to their paternal grandmother.... [tags: Grandparents, ]
479 words (1.4 pages)
- Originally, I was born in San Antonio, Texas to my parents Tammy and Richard Hernandez on August 25, 1998. My family moved to Pearsall once I was about 1 year old so that we could live closer to family and that my parents could work without having to leave me alone with a babysitter, instead leaving me with my grandparents. Living at my grandparents’ house was just like any traditional Hispanic household, except we mainly spoke English only learning a few words in Spanish. By traditional Hispanic household I mean lots of people in a relatively small house, the kitchen being the heart of the home, and the elders in the house being the most revered and respected.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Sibling]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Michael C. C. Adams' Book, The Best War Ever: America and World War II Michael C. C. Adams' book, The Best War Ever: America and World War II, attempts to dispel the numerous misconceptions of the Second World War. As the title suggests, Americans came out of the war with a positive view of the preceding five turbulent years. This myth was born from several factors. Due to the overseas setting of both theaters of the war, intense government propaganda, Hollywood's glamorization, and widespread economic prosperity, Americans were largely sheltered form the brutal truth of World War II.... [tags: Adams Best War Ever World War II Essays]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Two days after what I felt was the best Christmas ever, not because I received everything I wanted but because I got nothing. I had no gifts under our big plastic green bare tree. It was the best to me because I had given the people I loved the most the best I was able to give. I was able to see them truly happy. Something I had not seen in a long time. Everything was picture perfect that Christmas morning only to know that soon it would all wash away. On December 27th, 2013 I was removed from my home by Athens Clarke-County DFCS in the middle of the night.... [tags: Family, Father, Mother, Parent]
1924 words (5.5 pages)
- I went to see the play “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever”, on November 27th at The Eisemann Center in Richardson, TX. The performance was put on by Creative Arts for Christ and they are using this play to share the Gospel through their God given talents of acting. They had two different casts depending on which day they were performing, while I was there it was the red cast that performed. This play is based off the famous children’s book and how a family of misbehaved children end up going to church, hearing the Gospel for the first and acting in the Christmas pageant.... [tags: Performance, Performing arts, Audience, Actor]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Throughout my entire life, there is not a time when I can think that my grandparents were not involved in my life. When thinking about my relationship with my grandparents there are many different things that come to mind. My grandparents and I have always been super close. I am always over at their house helping them do different things, going shopping together, eating dinner together, and so much more. When reading in the textbook there are five styles of grandparents that have emerged. They are formal, fun seeker, surrogate parent, reservoir of family wisdom, and distant figure.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Mother, Coco]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Characteristics Of The Selected Articles
- Parents And Parental Involvement Program
- How A Toxic Handler Plays An Important Role Within An Organization
- Is A Myocardial Infraction Is The Medical Term For A Heart Attack?
- Religious Community : The Bible And The Holy Spirit
- Analysis Of The Book ' The Color Line '