Due to the complex global business environment, managers and leaders are under higher pressure to ensure effective management of organization. Taking the recent trends into consideration, it is observed that several organizations across the globe have failed, but some companies have clearly enjoyed the success and growth. It is deduced from the research study that the primary reason behind the success and/or failure of any organization purely depends on the management and leadership. Similarly, it is also observed from the past conducted research studies and case studies that since the volume and intensity of issues and threats are increasing, it is becoming more and more difficult for managers to ensure the organizational success. At the same time, some factors such as increasing competition, economies of scale, along with financial factors and market related factors are posing greater threats to companies, thus increasing pressure on managements. On the other end, management in every business entity also tries to focus on adequate strategies and business techniques to ensure the positive results and outcomes.
The following short research report is also designed to understand and analyze the factors associated with management those directly and significantly influence the organizational growth and success. The report below will also focus on the negative and positive areas of management that contribute towards negative and positive results too. However, in order to make the following report more valuable and interesting, case study of Enron Corporation is taken into consideration.
In order to construct the following research report, following research methods are used;
... middle of paper ...
...dea of ethical and morale business practices within the entire firm. Managers since are the backbone of any firm, therefore it is essential to have business managers that are reliable, talented, trustworthy and honest. These are important traits for any business manager that is liable to make business decisions. The importance of overall managerial function cannot be neglected, however firm needs to have effective controlling and monitoring procedures so that managers are monitored and controlled effectively. As the business environment has become highly competitive with market segments highly fragmented forcing business entities to adopt and integrate effective business practices that can ensure that the business is heading towards the path of competitive advantage. In this regard, it is realized that the role and function of manager has become highly indispensable.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leadership Training HRDV 5610 Robert Becker Nita Kirk October 4, 2014 ABSTRACT Leadership, we hear it all the time, whether in our lifestyle of living or in our business environment. It is the fundamental groundwork with our revolving world to making anything work. Leadership is not just for any program, business, movement, or mission, but the way to demonstrate strong structure with the right leadership. Leadership is the one proven step in all organizations that will either make or break any organization.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- Empowerment in the Leadership Environment in Your Organization The purpose of this paper is to identify how empowering in our organization is to the nurses on a scale of 1 to 4 (1: Not at All, 2: Slightly, 3: Moderately, 4: Very). After completing the Leadership Environment Assessment Survey, found in chapter nine of The New Leadership Challenge: Creating the Future of Nursing, I will identify “No” responses that I think could be changed to “Yes” and explains why. Lastly, I will explain how I can empower myself to change those identified “No” responses to “Yes”.... [tags: Business Management ]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Leader-Manager Assessment In this paper I will compare and contrast leadership and management. I will identify the traits and characteristics of effective leaders and efficient managers. Then I will assess my effectiveness as a leader and manager. Finally I will reflect on insights I have gained throughout my life and during this course. Managers and leaders overlap and are two different roles the same person can accomplish; both have individual traits but also have traits that are similar; I have grown throughout my ears in the military and develop some of these traits to help me be an effective leader.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Skill, Positive psychology]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Leadership is a tool composed by character and personally born with each human and develop during the stage of life. The History have showed us along the years under the development of the society extraordinary leaders, some of them decided to used it for the wrong purposes or their own benefits, and some others just with the idea to help others in need. As our book mentioned in page 367, Talleyrand wrote; “I am afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions lees by a sheep” In addition, a great leader inside companies understand their employees under a decent and fair work environment, also, they have always present the importance of build a stronger long-term rela... [tags: leadership, characterm, environment]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Manager and Leader are always in demand in any organization (GCU, 2011). Any organization requires strong and capable managers and leaders to function well. In health care of today or any business, leaders are needed to face the challenges of the 21st century in making sure there is the smooth running of the organization through the inspiration and persuasion of the organizational members. To make the organization a more perfect workable environment, the managers and leaders work so hard in planning the important roles in helping to develop and maintain a perfect functioning workplace.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Goal]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction Throughout the term and study of Resilient Leaders and Organizational Management and Leadership many aspects of leadership were studied. All of these aspects work together as a body that forms the leader. From these bodies of knowledge five concepts stood out. Additionally, three key sets of scripture are highlighted that paint a picture of leadership in the biblical sense. Group Consensus The group determined five key concepts that help define a leader held such importance that they were set apart for this submission.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Positive psychology]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Leadership is a quality, which affects individuals, while Management is a train of overseeing things in the most ideal way. Due to the between network between the two terms, numerous individuals have disarrays in comprehension the two terms. In this way, here we begin the contrasts amongst leadership and management. Leadership is a movement of managing and guiding individuals to cooperate in accomplishing the destinations. Hebrews 13:17 states “Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Strategic management]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction A significant and controversial question is how management is different from leadership. Some view the two as essentially the same; however, in increasingly complex and dynamic businesses, a need for greater specialization requires that we recognize that they are different. Managers and leaders are essentially two different functions and they serve two different purposes within organizations. Leaders promote new directions while management implements existing processes as efficiently as possible (McCrimmon, 2007).... [tags: Business Management, Human Resources]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- So everyone knows, that in order for a business to be successful it must be under the right management and have a core group of workers who are dedicated. Leadership and conflict management are very important parts of business and it has a very close relationship with communication. There are many different types of leadership and types of power. Most would say they already know all about leadership and power; however, they are very wrong. Leadership is all about collaborating, and it is necessary to produce mutual influence and common purpose for the development of change.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
1034 words (3 pages)
- During my coursework learning about the variety of leadership styles, I have been able to take something positive away from each style. My personal preference is the "participative leadership style" and the most likely choice for me to use when in a leadership role. For instance, I learned from each style that there will be something events that would be applicable given the work environment and situation at hand for the proper style. Because there are instances where management will have to utilize a combination of leadership styles are necessary to reach a common objective and goal.... [tags: Business management, participative leadership]
2431 words (6.9 pages)