Essay PreviewMore ↓
Many employees in Dubai have a different opinion on how the Expo 2020 might affect the country. Abdulla Al Majeed, currently employed at Etisalat, argues how the Expo has its pros and cons. One benefit is that Dubai will have many foreign visitors which will cause the economy to bloom drastically. Dubai will have approximately 25 million visitors; therefore Dubai will make a large amount of money from all of these visitors. Another benefit is that it will provide approximately 270,000 new jobs in Dubai, as stated by the government of Dubai. While the Expo can be beneficial, one downside to it is that the traffic in Dubai will increase by a large amount. Since 25 million people will be visiting Dubai, all the roads will be packed.
Mohammad Wael, head of Obaidulla contracting, gave up some of his free time to answer a couple of my question. He stated that it has been hard in the last couple of years for engineers in general. The work load they have been receiving was much lower than what engineers are accustomed to, but because of the Expo 2020 that has changed. Because of the Expo, new hotels, houses, roads, and anything an engineer is responsible for are going to be built. The only disadvantage he could think of is that since there will be many new houses and hotels, and since they are being built for visitors, after the end of the Expo, there will not be enough people to occupy all these houses. It is true that there will be large amount of people moving to live in Dubai, but the numbers will not be equivalent to the amount of visitors.
Sara Haddad, employed as an architect, is a married woman and has two children of her own.
How to Cite this Page
"The Expo 2020 in Dubai: ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Mar 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Selling Your Future by 2020 By 2020, the world could develop into a myriad of different scenarios, but there is no one scenario that can accurately represent what the US, let alone the world, will become—even in four short years. The four scenarios in “Consumer’s Futures 2020” has options that could unfold, but it is unlikely in such a short timeframe. Nevertheless, the most likely of the four-presented scenarios to me is ‘sell it to me.’ This is because the scenario allows people to keep spending and minimizes the work individuals have to put into becoming more sustainable.... [tags: Brand, Advertising, Technology, Consumer]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- For this artifact that addresses NJPTS #3, I had to create a management plan that outlines rules, routines, and procedures for my future classroom and highlight specific rewards and consequences for following and breaking the class rules, respectively. Additionally, I also had to design a layout for my future classroom, ensuring that it was both safe and comfortable for my students to have class in. Combined, both my proposed layout and management plan provide environments that promote learning while ensuring safety and respect for my students and myself.... [tags: Management, Classroom, Future, Education]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- 2020 – A Not-So-Spacey Odyssey The year is 2020 and mankind is reeling from global war. No continent has escaped the devastating effects as man has, in effect, turned on himself and effected his own destruction. Homes on every street house the ill and dying. Youths struggle to survive and turn ever more to the government for aid and assistance. The cycle repeats itself until the inevitable. One day, society must implode, collapse on itself. The residents of Earth can only hope for a rebirth of the old Greek tale of the Phoenix rising from her own ashes.... [tags: The Future]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- As Healthy People 2020 (HP2020) draws to the conclusion of its decade, one of the newest issues has been established based on the lack of Americans receiving adequate sleep, as well as causing a major disruption in their ability to function effectively. Unfortunately, about 25 percent report having problems either staying asleep or not getting adequate sleep to function properly the next day. A new target group has been brought into the forefront by HP2020 includes Early and Middle Childhood (EMC).... [tags: Sleep, Sleep deprivation, Sleep disorder]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- The budding and thriving minds of our future generation, the students of today, are delicate and impressionable. Soaking up everything encounter, our future generation are individuals who waiting for a sculptor to shape their minds in order to better prepare them to take on the challenges of world of tomorrow. These young individuals can be simply seen as eager individuals who are for individuals to take on the responsibility presented above. A grand responsibility such as this is under every educator’s job description along with many other extensive responsibilities.... [tags: Education, Learning, Educational psychology]
1555 words (4.4 pages)
- Culture of Excellence High standards of care are expected by patients and families regarding any type of health care. Creating a culture of excellence within an organization is needed to increase patient satisfaction and improve patient outcomes. This paper will examine a hospital that is creating a culture of excellence within the organization to ensure theses outcome. Committees within the organization have been implemented to examine all aspects of the hospital, and its operations to receive input to create change.... [tags: creating change, healthy work environment]
1988 words (5.7 pages)
- In July 2010, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services published the most recent version of Healthiest Wisconsin 2020: Everyone Living Better, Longer. A strategic state health plan, Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 (HW2020) was the result of extensive community engagement, assessment, and analysis in order to determine the current state of health and the changes that need to be pursued to improve upon that state. This paper will provide an analysis of the strategic planning process utilized in the creation of HW2020 and the resultant plan. Vision, Goals, Mission, & Values The vision, goals, mission, and values of HW2020 are presented collectively at the beginning of the document, with additi... [tags: health insurance, healthiest wisconsin, bryson]
3409 words (9.7 pages)
- The Army of 2020 The Army is an organization that has been around for over two centuries, and over the course of the last two plus centuries it has become an organization that is nothing like its inception. The United States Army was established in June of 1775. This organization is full of diversity and is willing to adapt to whatever the future may hold. It has made changes, solved problems and has thoroughly adapted with the changes in society. The Army is built up of roughly 490,000 Active Duty Soldiers, 354,200 to 350,200 National Guard Soldiers, and 205,000 to 202,000 Army Reserve Soldiers (Vergun, 2014).... [tags: United States Army, United States, Military]
2328 words (6.7 pages)
- Introduction By 2020, the world will most likely face three vital trends that could impact on the way we generate and consume energy. The most significant trend will probably be the increasing environmental concerns across the world that forces the government to reduce their reliance on oil to generate energy. This is followed by the increasing hunger for energy from more developing or even undeveloped nations. Furthermore, the current renewable technology may also be improved and expanding at an exponential rate across the globe by 2020, making more renewable energy such as solar and nuclear energy replacing energy generated from oil.... [tags: mega trends, Singapore, challenges]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Foreword Nuclear Energy has many proponents and much opposition. Many of the groups that oppose nuclear power have legitimate concerns, mainly with the dangers of nuclear material in relation with human health concerns and environmental troubles that are risked by allowing nuclear power plants to increase in number. Yet, many of these opposition groups have made outspoken and radical claims about the “hidden” motives of why nuclear power is promoted and subsidized by our federal government. For example, The Nuclear Information and Resource Service claim that the federal government has the intention of committing genocide against Native Americans because uranium mining is predominantly done... [tags: The Future Role of Nuclear Power]
4380 words (12.5 pages)
- Creative Writing: The Story of Emily
- Morality and Ethical Behaviors
- The Pursuit of Democracy, Roused by the Egyptian Tahrir Square Uprising and the Spanish Acampadas
- Insisting That Gender Is A Social Construct Is Oppressive To Women
- Rudolf Virchow: The Link Between Inflamation and Cancer
- The Doctrine of Precedent and The Elements of a Contract
Mahdi Amjad, executive chairman and CEO of Dubai-based Omniyat, is an industry expert. He states that from the moment the result for winning the Expo 2020 were announced, he could feel the major impact it will have on the real estate sector. He added that winning the Expo 2020 proved to other countries that Dubai, or UAE in general, is a leading tourism, economic, construction and commercial focal point. He also adds that one thing that will surely increase because of the Expo 2020 is the property prices in Dubai. It is also expected from the real estate sector to experience a sustainable and steady growth, in the long run of course.
In conclusion, the Expo 2020 which will be held in Dubai will have a significant effect on the lives of people. Presenting all the advantages and disadvantages, I strongly believe that the Expo 2020 will be a cause in the development of the UAE. It is true that it has its downsides, but overall, the disadvantages are nothing compared to the benefits it truly holds. In my opinion, only good can come out of holding an Expo, which is the reason why every country seeks to hold one.