It was around the turn of the millenium when the news splashed around the world over that Jennifer Lopez had just gotten her 'ass'ets (buttocks) insured for a cool 1 billion dollars. That incident almost single-handedly got the derriere to the fore- so to speak. People went crazy over attaining the perfect buttocks- the right mixture of curvature and toned muscle. That the butt has a certain aesthetic value cannot be denied. Men and women around the world stock their closets up with skinny jeans only to accentuate their well sculpted buttocks. But besides making us look better, the butt does serve a purpose too. The glutes are essentially comprised of three muscles: the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus. Together they help us move our legs in all directions. Because they form the bridge between the hips, the lower back, and the legs, strengthening the glutes can help to stabilize the back. MDA gives you the down low to acheive a shapely and healthy butt.
Squats: Nothing says healthy glutes like squats. Mix up the type of squats to ensure overall exercise of the glutes. An importand aspect while performing any of the following squats is to make sure your knees are pointed over your toes as they have a tendency to roll in.
Ball squats: Standing with feet shoulder-width apart, place an exercise ball between your lower back and a wall. Bend your knees 90 degrees, making sure they don't go past your toes. Return to start and complete 10 times with three sets.
Side squats: Stand with right side on a small stool, hands on hips, right foot on top, left foot on floor. Bend knees 90 degrees. Stand up and push off with right foot. Repeat on left side, alternating 10 times with th...
... middle of paper ...
... Drawing your abs in, lift your left leg parallel to the floor, with knee bent, foot flexed. Return to starting position and repeat 15 to 20 times. Switch sides.
Romanian deadlifts: This exercise requires a set of medium weight dumbells. Holding them in your hands, arms at your sides and your knees relaxed. Now, the tricky part here is to bend forward at the hip and not the waist. The simplest way to do this is to ensure your back remains straight at all points. Bend as much as you can. To pull yourself back up, squeeze your glutes. Yes, you can lift yourself up with that. Three sets of 15 will lead to some well sculpted glutes.
These exercises as less as three times a week for half an hour will lead to the gorgeous butt you have been wanting. With spring coming soon, it's best to get the glutes in top shape for the shorts and skirts weather.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Lunges and squats are often referred to as the masters of lower body exercises. In addition to your legs, theses functional, compound exercises also work your buttocks. However, poor form, a muscle imbalance, the consistent overload on your knees, and the repetitive motion, can make these exercises wreak havoc on your knees. (See References 1) Not to fear, you can still strengthen and shape your glutes with do-able, effective exercise that are easy on your knees. Squeeze Your Tush Butt squeezes don't require fancy equipment, and are discreet, so they can be done pretty much anywhere, whether you're watching TV, or waiting in line in the grocery store.... [tags: glutes, lower body, squats]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- ... 64) Your emphasis should be on retraining your stabilizing muscles, which includes your pelvic floor muscles and transverse abdominis. (See References 2) These corset-like muscles can help tighten your midsection and reduce the gap in the rectus abdominis. After correcting the separation, a progressive abdominal-strengthening program can be incorporated. Always get your doctor's consent before starting any exercises, to ensure that your planned regimen is safe and suitable for your condition.... [tags: Pelvis, Muscles]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- Consistently treating your glutes as a seat cushion can weaken them and result in a muscle imbalance that triggers knee, back and hip injuries. Getting off your tush and performing targeted exercises can strengthen and shape the muscles in your butt, and prevent forward-tilting hips that trigger that dreaded lower belly pooch that many women struggle with. (See References 1, p. 234) Excuses are unacceptable, because these exercises don't require fancy equipment and can be done right at home. Flat Blasting Workouts Women are prone to store fat in their lower bodies, and if you carry excess fat in your buttocks, you'll won't see any muscle definition regardless of how many targeted exercise... [tags: Workouts, Sitting]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- Rehabilitation – Case Study Introduction This case study is based on a twenty four year old Rugby Union winger. The injury the client has is a grade two hamstring tear in the left leg which also happens to be the dominate leg, this was caused by deceleration from a sprint and change of direction. Specifically it is the bicep femoris that is ruptured and is also the first time he has received this particular injury. The incident occurred four days ago, the player will be on a crotch for another three days, although the athlete is on crutches he can still do rehabilitation exercises.... [tags: Rugby, Exercises, Flexibility]
1791 words (5.1 pages)
- Introduction There is an insufficient amount of research done comparing the responses of a lower body prolonged exercise versus that of an upper body prolonged exercise. More specifically, upper body prolonged exercises, using an arm crank, have not been examined thoroughly. About thirty years ago researchers began setting up experiments to compare the differing responses of a prolonged cycling bout to a prolonged arm crank session. For the majority of these tests, “prolonged” meant about an hour of exercise, either cycling or arm cranking.... [tags: Prolonged Exercises]
1467 words (4.2 pages)
- ... Department of Health and Human Services, this weight-loss rate allows you to slowly get used to the diet and exercise changes you're making, and it's also easier to keep the weight off in the long run. (See References 2, p. 5) Since 1 pound of fat has 3,500 calories, accumulate a deficit of 500 to 1,000 calories every day to achieve this expert-recommended weight-loss rate. Step 2 Eat smaller portions, and eliminate or replace unhealthy, high-calorie, high-fat, sugary foods from your diet to cut calories.... [tags: Strength, Aerobic]
687 words (2 pages)
- Introduction of the ‘Burpee’ The burpee is an exercise many love to hate, its lactic acid heavy nature often leaves people shattered and gasping for breath. Many see the burpee as the ultimate full body exercise As a rugby union player exercises such as the burpee help keep my body in ideal shape and allow me to improve my performance. Strength, body composition and conditioning all play major roles in the efficiency and level of my performance on the field and the burpee enhances all of these components of my fitness.... [tags: multijoint exercises for sport]
1741 words (5 pages)
- Name Tutor Course Date Persuasive speech Outline Topic: Physical exercises through cycling General purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience on the importance of using cycling as their means of transport over short distances to achieve the requirements of physical exercises and addressing a number of critical public health issues. Thesis statement: Everyone should embrace cycling to achieve the required level of physical exercise. The speech shows that: (1) the prevalence of cases of obesity and chronic diseases is on the rise, (2) cycling is compatible with daily routine exercises and is a cheap way of exercising; (3) cycling will address many issues related to public... [tags: Obesity, Overweight, Physical exercise, Exercise]
2185 words (6.2 pages)
- Toni lead us in our physical exercises and John finished with vocal exercises. We did the group mirror activity. We did Zip, Zap, Zoom. I did a lot better this time around. We had to count to 20 and if someone said the same number at once then we had to start over. There was a lot of intensity because no one wanted to start over. Jose tried to say all the numbers at once, but that didn’t count. It took us three tries to get it right. We did a enter and exit activity. We went one by one and had to figure out what the person’s character is coming from and where they are going next.... [tags: Physical exercise, Exercise, 2016, The Next Time]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Happiness Exercises In this paper I will look at exercises that focus on increasing happiness. These exercises are the following gratitude visit, three good things in life, you at your best, and identify signature strengths. After looking at these exercises I will evaluate how they affect someone’s happiness and in what ways they can increase someone’s happiness. Finally I will decide which exercise I would use in an intervention setting as well as how to use it in the intervention setting. Effects When looking over the exercises that focus on increasing happiness the main effects all of the exercises promote is bettering one’s perception of one’s self as well as helping to see the positive... [tags: Positive psychology, Psychology, Happiness]
782 words (2.2 pages)