The purpose of the Evansville Sewer Replacement initiative is to eliminate the use of Combined Sewer Outflows (About CSOs) in the City of Evansville within twenty years (Martin). This initiative was directed by the government and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The EPA enforces the Clean Water Act of 1972, which mandates the control of these CSO’s across the United States and demands that the city prepare a long-term plan in line with appropriate water quality standards (Program Facts). Due to the city’s decision throughout history to underinvest in their sewer system, they now are faced with having to address a significant issue of updating an aging system that requires many updates in order to comply with these federal mandates at a substantial cost (Evansville Water and Sewer Utility).
CSO’s are combined sanitary sewers that carry both sewage and storm water and the overage exceeds the capacity of the infrastructure (Program Facts). Around 100 years ago, many cities such as Evansville began building storm sewers to carry wastewater away from homes, businesses, and the streets. Then, with the installation of ind...
... middle of paper ...
...ht Banks. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Apr. 2014.
Evansville Water and Sewer Utility. Funding Our City’s Sewer Improvements. N.p.: Evansville Water and Sewer Utility, n.d. www.evansville.in.gov. Renew Evansville. Web. 25 Apr. 2014.
Martin, John. "City, Feds Working to Finalize Plan to Curb Combined Sewer Overflows." Courier and Press. Scripps Interactive Newspapers Group, 22 Mar. 2013. Web. 12 Apr. 2014.
"Program Facts." Evansville.IN.Gov. Renew Evansville, 01 May 2013. Web. 12 Apr. 2014.
2012 Combined Sewer Overflow Operation Plan (CSOOP) Update. Evansville: Evansville Water and Sewer Utility, 12 Nov. 2012. PDF.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hardware Replacement Project The information technologies department is improving itself by integrating the newest solution for customer relationship management (CRM). The hardware replacement project (HRP) for this addition includes five major variables. These variables are time, costs, scope, quality, and risk. Many thoughts are worth considering and taking into account when choosing the best projects, and they are important to have the most worthwhile final results for the business. The issues that affect project risks need to be discussed, and I can recommend ways to carry out this project with the minimum of necessary risk.... [tags: cost and project management analysis]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Windows 7 Migration and Zen Replacement Project Wave Hello everyone, I decided to modify this wave to focus on the Windows 7 migration. Let's test this platform out as a collaboration tool and see where it takes us. The Windows 7 migration is an extremly complex and far reaching project and I hope Wave within our Apps domain will allow us some cutting edge tools to communicate. First of all, I will outline my vision for our desktop enviornment and give updates on where we stand with our next generation infrastructure.... [tags: Business Management]
1948 words (5.6 pages)
- “Modern” water-borne sewer systems are a relatively new technology, which only began to spread in European cities from around the end of the 19th century, when piped water supplies and the use of flush toilets lead to an increased water consumption, and waste-water production. This led to streams and stagnant pools of wastewater in city streets, causing outbreaks of cholera and other diseases. To tackle this problem, sewer systems were gradually introduced. Later, when this was seen to cause serious water pollution, step by step mechanical wastewater treatment plants, biological treatment for the degradation of organic substances, and tertiary treatment for the removal of nutrients were... [tags: Water, Sewage treatment, Water pollution]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Project Management Framework Project management framework document defines the processes that are performed throughout the life of the project to ensure the project management policy is adhered to. Needs for a framework: The Project Management Institute defines a project as “a temporary attempt undertaken to create a unique product, services or results” (Project Management Institute 2004, 3). This definition clearly justifies the complications and probes exist, especially within the context of a local environment.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- As someone with a keen interest in project management, I was eager to experience all the stages of a project life cycle from its inception to conclusion. When I found out that we had to complete a project that ends with chairing a project management session during the SIUE Project Management Symposium, I was eager to participate. It didn’t take long for me to realize that even though it was a class project, we had to adhere to a lot of industry-standard project management practices or were in danger of failing to deliver an excellent product to our client and our stakeholders.... [tags: Project management, Work breakdown structure]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- The purpose of this Project Management Plan (PMP) is to define the approach to be taken by the AMP Canada case study implementing SAP in 1 year time with the vendor – SAP business partner. The issues identified were: - The team implementing the new system were required to do both functional and systematic requirements thus affecting the implementation of the new system - The staff were not well trained in the new system - The user requirements were not taken into consideration thus affecting the purchasing orders, poor management of inventory, the manufacturing and finance department were not integrated.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project, Team]
2642 words (7.5 pages)
- I. Introduction This report is based on a visit to the Islamic Center of Evansville, Indiana on November 27, 2015 to a Friday Jumah prayer service. Muslims from the Tri-State region, Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky, meet in Evansville for their services. Islam first began with the Prophet Muhammad’s teachings in the Middle East in the 7th century. Before Muhammad, the region was home to nomadic people who were desert dwellers, which roughly translates to Arab. The area’s religion before Islam was animistic polytheism, with Mecca as the religious center (History).... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Qur'an, Prophets of Islam]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- 1. What information is typically included in an initial IT project request. In a project charter. An initial IT project request includes the objectives and scope of the project, and the inputs/outputs involved in the project. Brown, DeHayes, Hoffer, Martin, and Perkins (2012) also state that “economic feasibility, operational feasibility, and technical feasibility” (p. 415) are included. By establishing these items cost/benefits can be measured, impact of the project and support and risks for the project can be identified.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- To work under leadership that foster a sense of harmony and openness between employees and top leaders can motivate and promote a positive work environment. The leader of the Sewer Maintenance Division, within a local government agency uses various resonant leadership styles to manage the day to day operations. Mr. Stratford Sullivan is the Superintendent of this Division and approaches all issues by connecting the emotional aspect to the issue at hand to solve problems. Mr. Sullivan’s leadership style has transformed his middle level management team to become effective in carrying out the overall mission of the division, which as increased employee morale, improve employee work performance... [tags: Leadership, Emotion, Positive psychology]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & RESOURCE REPLACEMENT Information Technology adheres to the CoC Technology Replacement Program that requires computer infrastructure components be replaced every three years. This document establishes the procedures regarding this program. The Technology Replacement Program (TRP) is designed to support the IT goals and objectives of achieving stable, predictable and reliable computers systems. This program ensures sufficient money is set aside to keep our computer infrastructure current, without the need to perform periodic, large-scale systems upgrades.... [tags: Technology]
1059 words (3 pages)
- African American’s Decision Making: Choice vs. Constraint
- Interpretation of Love in Plato’s Symposium
- Interview and Interrogation: The Reid Technique versus Hypnosis
- The field of Information Technology and Customer Services
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- The "Ebony Antelope" Gallops of Aryan Superiority