Dimensions Of Wellness Essay
"Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness - Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu" The body six dimensions of wellness must be in homeostasis in order for us to grow and prosper, however, most people struggle to maintain homeostasis of their dimensions of wellness due to life events and phases of growing. The two dimensions of wellness I struggle with are physical wellness and financial wellness.
Ever since I graduated high school, I can regretfully say I have not completed a proper workout since my last gym class in high school. I believe physical wellness is one of the most important wellness's because without it you can't pursue the rest of dimension. In order to fix my physical wellness. I plan on preparing at least two of the three meals a day and my snacks. I plan to do this on Sunday night and meal prep for my entire week. I know it can get hard to eat the similar food every day and that is why I plan to give myself a cheat day on Saturday. I also plan on making it a habit to go to the gym at least four to five times a week and working out for an hour minimum. I plan to use my time wisely at the gym by planning my workouts ahead of time so I can maximize the time I actually spend working out. Another thing I plan to do to help with my physical wellness is to buy a new reusable water bottle and make it a habit to refill it 3-4 times a day. I find that whenever I use a water bottle, it's easier for me to get my daily water intake.
The next wellness I struggle with is financial wellness. After graduating from high school I took a year off from school and decided to work as a certified nurse assis...
... middle of paper ...
... of wellness I struggle with is financial wellness. After downgrading from a full-time high-paying job to a part-time job that pays less, my financial wellness struggled greatly. I am in so much debt due to living a lifestyle I can no longer afford. I will utilize an expense spreadsheet so I can figure out what my budget is and what expenses I need to cut out. Also, I will make it harder to access my money so I do not waste it on unnecessary things. I will do this by, putting my money into my savings account so I can limit myself to five or fewer expenses because my bank punishes an account holder who draws out money from their savings account more than five times in a statement cycle. Last but not least, after I pay off my credit cards I will only keep one credit card and close any other accounts so I can prevent this financial situation from occurring to me again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As someone who is in charge of the wellness program here at UIW, my job is to oversee all the aspects and find out what needs amending or implementation. There are six dimensions of wellness and each one has their benefits. The purpose is to take a look at each dimension of wellness and try to make some improvements for the staff and students. The University of the Incarnate Word has an excellent wellness program dedicated to their faculty and staff. They are offered a wide range of services.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Dimension, The Help]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- Nadin Seif Col-101-111 Dr. Garrett Dimensions Of Wellness Essay "Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness - Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu" The body six dimensions of wellness must be in homeostasis in order for us to grow and prosper, however, most people struggle to maintain homeostasis of their dimensions of wellness due to life events and phases of growing. The two dimensions of wellness I struggle with are physical wellness and financial wellness.... [tags: High school, Credit card, Dimension, Money]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Wellness is a very important aspect when it comes to an individual’s health. The six dimensions of wellness consist of Social, Occupational, Spiritual, Physical, Intellectual, and Emotional. It was developed to help people understand their overall wellness and health. They main goal is for everyone to be strong in all these dimensions. Social is the dimension that focuses on the individual’s interactions and friendship with other people. Social wellness is important because it helps shape a community.... [tags: social, occupational, spiritual, physical]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- Definitions and dimensions of wellness Wellness is.. About keeping your life in a stable and achieved manner. The key to helping you stay positive through your actions and emotions while minimizing stress and lowering risk of illness is another plus to being well stabilized. Wellness must be a choice in which you make your growth, surroundings, and health more positively centered. The easiest way for me to understand wellness is to compare it to a clock. Clocks need multiple very intricate pieces in order to work correctly, without one little piece the whole clock could stop.... [tags: Psychology, Human, Mind, Spirituality, Nutrition]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Mental: Mental wellness is engaging the individual in creative and stimulating mental activities to expand their knowledge and skills and help them discover the potential for sharing their gifts with others. While participating in class discussion I felt my mental health getting stronger because I was learning about other people 's lives and experiences. The more we talked about certain topics that were relatable to a typical college student, the more perspective I obtained about underage drinking, short and long distance relationships, and hardships of living in different areas.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Personal life, Mental disorder]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Health and wellness is defined as taking initiative of making healthier decisions to further benefit one’s life. Wellness is about living a life full of personal responsibility and therefore taking proactive steps for one's entire well-being. To improve our wellness as well as our health, it is our responsibility to eliminate any risk factors. With that, as individuals should take the information being provided to us and use it to make proactive choices to further benefit our health for the future.... [tags: Sleep deprivation, Medicine, Epidemiology]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- The main concept, or topics of this paper is personal wellness and behaviour change. It will explore the seven dimensions of health, and the negative and the positives of each one. The paper will show how one dimension of health affects another dimension. For behaviour change there will be topics including the, barriers, stages, and health behaviors for change. As well it will be discussed about the two personal goals each student was to make at the beginning of the course, and show the plan in which they went by and how they assessed themselves.... [tags: Personal life, Health, Psychology, Dimension]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- Wellness the state or condition of being in good physical and mental health. I would interpret wellness as not only being the state of good physical and mental health but, as genuinely being happy. Wellness is the mind, the body and the soul. Each dimension of wellness is all equally significant to one, if one lacks the others may as well. Each of the dimensions of wellness act and interact in a way that contributes to our own quality of life. There are seven dimensions of wellness. The dimensions include social wellness, emotional wellness, spiritual wellness, environmental wellness, occupational wellness, intellectual wellness and physical wellness.... [tags: Psychology, Emotion, Accept, Feeling, Environment]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Allyssa M. Bishop Dr. Ken Baker HPE 338 November 27, 2017 Wellness implies the deliberate and continuous effort to remain healthy and strive for the highest potential of well-being. A variety of activities are covered through wellness and are aimed at helping individuals to recognize the parts of their lifestyle that are detrimental to their health. These activities fall into the seven dimensions of wellness: physical, emotional, mental, social, environmental, occupational, and spiritual. Wellness can be compared to a good game of Jenga.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Health, Nutrition]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Greg Anderson, an author of books detailing healthy lifestyles, once wrote, “Wellness is not a 'medical fix' but a way of living - a lifestyle sensitive and responsive to all the dimensions of body, mind, and spirit, an approach to life we each design to achieve our highest potential for well-being now and forever.” As inferred from this quote, wellness is vital to our wellbeing and necessary for a healthy lifestyle. An important part of having proper wellness is having a wellness plan that you can follow and use as a guide to live a life as the best version of yourself.... [tags: Personal life, Lifestyle, Emotion, Health, Life]
1483 words (4.2 pages)