Nowadays, the rate of juvenile delinquency is increasing dramatically which cause by the violent media make negative influence on children, however, it can be prevent by some solutions. The violent media will make negative effects on children which is harmful for their physical and mental health, this issue is become more and more serious because the violent media are developed rapidly in society. Many people know children like those kind of violent media and easy to fall in love with it, so they promote more and more violent media to children. This essay will discuss the causes, effects and solutions of the violent media negative effects on children.
The causes of this problem may be two reasons, first is nowadays the development of violent media is faster than ever before, more and more violent media appear in child’s life. Second is children has many ways to know and contact the violent media and also they are easy to interested in it. This problem is beginning in recent years and it was happened in many countries such as China, American and so on. It begin in a very short time and suddenly come into ours life, and this phenomenon lead some negative effects on children so it become a problem.
This problem have made some negative effects on children, first is it will increase the hostile mood of children, A large number of research have shown that violent movies, violent video games and violent lyrics will increase hostile mood. Zillmann and Weaver use four consecutive days to watching violent or a nonviolent feature film tester for observation, the results show that watch the violent feature film testers has more hostile mood than the tester who watch nonviolent feature film.(Zillmann,Weaver,2...
... middle of paper ...
...m exposure to violence in the media content, they will think that violence is widespread, violence is an effective strategy to solve the problem. Therefore, parents should tell children to limit their use of some type of media, and why the media is harmful for them, also explain the inefficiencies of violence to solve problems and bring serious consequences, nonviolence way and discuss how to solve the interpersonal conflict, so that we can give them positive values and life guidance.
In conclusion, we are in an media information spread quickly society, The government and parents try to use some interventions to prevent youth violence crime, minimize the influence of media violence on children, youth health of body and mind. Children treat things in curious view, so they easy to make mistakes, but if we can lead and instruct them that can prevent them go astray.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Violent Media is Harmful to Children Since the 1950’s the number of households with televisions has increased from ten to ninety-nine percent. Over the past 30 years, there has been extensive research on the relationship between televised violence and violent behavior among youth, aacap.org. Eugene V Beresin, M.D. concluded in his article “The Impact of Media Violence on Children and Adolescents: Opportunities for Clinical Interventions” aacap.org. Studies reveal that children watch approximately twenty-eight hours of television a week, more time than they spend in school.... [tags: Violence, Media violence research]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- The rise and proliferation of media in modern society presents a problem to troubled parents: does violent media affect the growth of children. This question has been examined by numerous researchers and psychologists, either lauding or accusing the media, especially violent media, for the effect that it has on people. Some, like Gerard Jones, author of numerous comic books, say that violent media is empowering, that box office smash hits like The Avengers tell the tale of kid-friendly superheroes that defeat the “bad guys” and save the day.... [tags: Children And TV Violence, Media Violence]
3034 words (8.7 pages)
- ... “Children’s programming, particularly cartoons, display up to 20 violent acts hourly” (Beresin, Eugene). Even watching cartoons children are getting exposed to violent behavior that, to them, directly translates to the real world. The violent media has the effect of confusion on children and directly effects how safe they feel, no matter where they are. The media will bring violence anywhere in the world, this leaves no place for a young child to feel safe. Sensitivity toward others who are in pain is something that most people are born with, however children who are exposed to violent media are starting to lose this feeling.... [tags: behavioral psychology analysis]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- At the present time violence in mass media is appearing frequently in our lives. We are surrounded with it. It encompasses television, film, videogames, internet and music. This has been a controversial issue in America. In this article the author speaks about how violence in mass media effects children. This author also emphasized how violence increases high school shootings, censorship and to restrict content to remove violence in media. This author uses pathos, logos and kairos to emphasize this problem that is out of control.... [tags: Mass media, Media influence, Violence]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Media Violence & It’s Effects The lives of our youth are being ruined because of the violence in today’s media. This is the view held by many people in our society today. Many psychologists believe that violence on television, movies and other forms of media have a negative effect on children, while others believe media violence has no effect on children. The reality is that children tend to emulate the behavior that they see in the media they are exposed too. The media can have a powerful influence on young impressionable children.... [tags: aggressiveness, violent behavior, children]
1654 words (4.7 pages)
- Video games have changed our society radically, in which some people doubt it's for the better. According to one survey, 9 out of 10 U.S. households with children have rented or owned a video or computer game. Ever since the beginning of gaming, people have observed the effects of the games. Kids and adults alike, are more attracted to violent games. But is it the games to blame for how people act or behave around people or by themselves. A majority of gamers are adults, and what kind of games are they playing.... [tags: video games, media violence]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Violent media is a prominent part of America's culture. America is the home to dozens of multimillion dollar industries that specialize in making violent media. This media usually has a rating label on it, categorizing it as being made for young children, teens, or adults. The purpose of this is to protect children from the disturbing and/or violent scenes depicted in the media. Yet, millions of children under the age of 17 still have free access to violent media. However, even though children have access, the overall effects of violence on children are not negative.... [tags: Argumentative, Violent Video Games]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- The Effects Television Violence Has on Children Television has both positive and negative effects on children between the ages of two and five. Some research shows that violence in the media can be linked to aggressive behavior in children. Though, some researchers disagree with this statement and believe that there are other factors, besides television, which cause children to become violent. The following essay will reflect both sides of this argument. Violent television shows lead to violence in children between the ages of two and five.... [tags: Media Violence Violent Television Essays]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- The Effects of Television Violence on Children According to the Article ?Violence on Television. published by the American Psychological Association at the website http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/violence.html, ?violent programs on television lead to aggressive behavior by children and teenagers who watch those programs.. That's the word from a 1982 report by the National Institute of Mental Health, a report that confirmed and extended an earlier study done by the Surgeon General. As a result of these and other research findings, the American Psychological Association passed a resolution in February 1985 informing broadcasters and the public of the potential dangers that viewing violence on tel... [tags: Cause Effect Violent TV Media Essays]
710 words (2 pages)
- The Effects of Television Violence Recent attention in the media relating violence and children has created much controversy and debate. Our society has brought much focus on violence in the media and how it has effected children of all ages and races. High school shootings and increasing crime in small towns all over the country has brought forth the question of whether or not children are exposed or desensitized to too much violence in television, movies, news, and other sources. Many people feel this violence is causing children to kill children and good towns go bad.... [tags: Papers TV Media Violent Children Essays]
1418 words (4.1 pages)